Hopes and expectations for upcoming adventure 02 movie.

TheMatrix

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So, if you had not heard about it there is going to be a Digimon: Kizune last evolution like sequel this time focusing on the 02 original characters.

Personally I would like for the first adventure season kids to be left out completely if only because of how much attention they are always getting and giving how little attention the 02 orignal character get in many of the Digimon movies(No, not just Tri). Although it probably won't happen as the first season is just that iconic.

If I were to guess anything about the plot I would not be surprised if Kari and Tk would get the most attention because despite being first seasons characters they are often lumped in with the 02 crowd having had armored evolutions just like them.

Any way what are your thoughts?

Eitaroutarouman

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
As much as the Adventure kids taking a backseat would be nice, I question how relevant the 02 kids will be when the premise suggests a good portion of the movie will be focused on the guy Davis met when he was a child.

Ricardolindo

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
We know so little that it's hard to make predictions. However, I believe either the 02 DigiDestined will get the Adventure DigiDestined their Digimon back or they will lose their Digimon too. In addition, I expect new Ultimates for at least Veemon and Wormmon. I also believe the movie will be set 3 years after Kizuna, as that would be the time the 02 DigiDestined would be supposed to lose their Digimon.

Digiforlife

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
well at least they won't make the same mistakes from Adventure 2020. Since the same directors from Last Evolution Kizuna I have every confidence that they will make this work. Although I'd like 02 kids' digimon get stronger than 02 series...

Mon-Ohma

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The primary thing I want is to have the Daemon/Dark Ocean stuff given some reasonable conclusion.

VamAngemon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I really hope it will fix Kizuna's loss and get on track to 02's Epiloge.

Eitaroutarouman

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Bringing the Digimon back would completely defeat the purpose of Kizuna's ending and would be weird in a movie not about the Adventure cast. Personally, I feel that story should be kept a mystery.

VanChizzle

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Should probably preface this by saying that my hopes and my expectations for this movie are two entirely different things...

For starters, I hope they flesh out Daisuke's character a bit more and finally give him some growth. There's definitely potential for some development of his own as hinted in media outside of the main series... plus in a movie involving his meeting the very first Chosen Child who no longer has his Digimon partner around, it'd make too much sense not to reflect on his own journey/career. It'd be nice to see them actually trying to make the 02 team a bit more memorable in their own way. TBQH, I'd be happy with any of Daisuke/Miyako/Takeru/Hikari getting said treatment as to me it'd give them a chance to grow out from under the shadow of Taichi's group.

That being said, I do hope that the introduction of this mysterious person plus the so-called "ancestor Digimon" leads into them diving into more of the background and history behind the Digital World. Super curious about how/when they ended up partnering in the first place, what sort of challenges/obstacles they might've faced and their adventures. Did those two fight together with Daigo and Maki's team or did they precede them? Was Homeostasis or Yggdrasil involved somehow?

In my mind, anything that helps expand the lore of Adventure is a win.

Ultimately I'm hopeful that this movie is received well enough that a bigger portion of the fandom can actually see these guys as 'their own' group instead, and that they're well-liked enough to eventually be included in the Adventure reboot. They deserve it IMO.

----------------

My expectations OTOH are of course a lot lower. I'd be shocked if they don't end up making another movie in the vein of Kizuna. Either way I see them trying to wrap everything up with a story that doesn't really change all that much beyond the partnership time limit thing.

I do expect Daisuke to be the only 02 kid to actually grow as a character throughout the story. Given his status as the leader and heart of the younger generation, I'm not holding my breath for anybody else aside from him. I don't really expect the other 5 to get too much of the limelight, which is a shame because if there was a story focusing on Hikari for instance I would've loved to see them flesh out her personality a bit more plus, with Tailmon being there, perhaps bring some closure as to Wizardmon's ultimate fate.

Given the fact that the very first Chosen doesn't have their partner anymore, and where Kizuna ended up going with Agumon/Gabumon etc., I fully anticipate Daisuke and Veemon parting ways. A bit of a downer yet not a total shocker if you think about it.

As for other stuff like the Dark Ocean I don't even really care about that much anymore. Dagomon's call was always meant to be a one-off thing to be hinted at but never seen, while the World of Darkness itself was a plot device used to introduce the idea of other dimensions out there. Hence I'm not expecting any of these to show up. Nor do I think we'll ever see Daemon again.

So long story short - I'm keeping my expectations low here, though I'll probably still enjoy watching it just cos it's Digimon.

Ricardolindo

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Bringing the Digimon back would completely defeat the purpose of Kizuna's ending and would be weird in a movie not about the Adventure cast. Personally, I feel that story should be kept a mystery.

We know the Digimon are going to come back, though. I, myself, have doubts that's going to happen in the movie, though.

Given the fact that the very first Chosen doesn't have their partner anymore, and where Kizuna ended up going with Agumon/Gabumon etc., I fully anticipate Daisuke and Veemon parting ways. A bit of a downer yet not a total shocker if you think about it.

If that happens, it woud be nice to see a callback to the scene in Hurricane Touchdown in which Daisuke cries about the idea of losing Veemon.

Ricardolindo

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Should probably preface this by saying that my hopes and my expectations for this movie are two entirely different things...

For starters, I hope they flesh out Daisuke's character a bit more and finally give him some growth. There's definitely potential for some development of his own as hinted in media outside of the main series... plus in a movie involving his meeting the very first Chosen Child who no longer has his Digimon partner around, it'd make too much sense not to reflect on his own journey/career. It'd be nice to see them actually trying to make the 02 team a bit more memorable in their own way. TBQH, I'd be happy with any of Daisuke/Miyako/Takeru/Hikari getting said treatment as to me it'd give them a chance to grow out from under the shadow of Taichi's group.

That being said, I do hope that the introduction of this mysterious person plus the so-called "ancestor Digimon" leads into them diving into more of the background and history behind the Digital World. Super curious about how/when they ended up partnering in the first place, what sort of challenges/obstacles they might've faced and their adventures. Did those two fight together with Daigo and Maki's team or did they precede them? Was Homeostasis or Yggdrasil involved somehow?

In my mind, anything that helps expand the lore of Adventure is a win.

Ultimately I'm hopeful that this movie is received well enough that a bigger portion of the fandom can actually see these guys as 'their own' group instead, and that they're well-liked enough to eventually be included in the Adventure reboot. They deserve it IMO.

----------------

My expectations OTOH are of course a lot lower. I'd be shocked if they don't end up making another movie in the vein of Kizuna. Either way I see them trying to wrap everything up with a story that doesn't really change all that much beyond the partnership time limit thing.

I do expect Daisuke to be the only 02 kid to actually grow as a character throughout the story. Given his status as the leader and heart of the younger generation, I'm not holding my breath for anybody else aside from him. I don't really expect the other 5 to get too much of the limelight, which is a shame because if there was a story focusing on Hikari for instance I would've loved to see them flesh out her personality a bit more plus, with Tailmon being there, perhaps bring some closure as to Wizardmon's ultimate fate.

As for other stuff like the Dark Ocean I don't even really care about that much anymore. Dagomon's call was always meant to be a one-off thing to be hinted at but never seen, while the World of Darkness itself was a plot device used to introduce the idea of other dimensions out there. Hence I'm not expecting any of these to show up. Nor do I think we'll ever see Daemon again.

So long story short - I'm keeping my expectations low here, though I'll probably still enjoy watching it just cos it's Digimon.

We know Wizardmon's fate. As he was from another Digital World, he wasn't reborn in the reboot.
I think you are too fast to dismiss the possibility that this movie will have the 02. DigiDestined manage to solve the problem of the partnerships ending and everyone who lost their Digimon partners getting them back.

Muur

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Expectation: a new veemon mega maybe something related to magnamon

PCN24454

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Eitaroutarouman

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'd like a non-DNA evo for X-Veemon, but that'll never happen.

Tarama

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Omegamon was in Kizuna, I expect Magnamon will be in the movie.

The turnip-like new digimon has a red circle in its chest, it's like they create it to match with Morphomon.

01 - Butterfly
02 - Target

Muur

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Ultimamon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hopes: It'll be good.

Expectations: Possibly won't be.