Hermit in the Jungle & Nu Metal Empire Dim Cards Lineup

Santaskid

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Its about time they shook things up. Finally a 'male' flower mon- i'm tired of all the flowery digis being female I get it flowers are pretty and pretty= Girl Strong= Boy. But the fact that in 20 some years we've gotten very few male looking plant digimon in general (even fewer in the higher levels)

I enjoy that From what wikimon says (i'll probably look them up later) but Ayatara/Ajatara seems to be a non-flowery girl, and BlumLord is a flowery guy. I remember being hyped when Ceresmon wasn't a flower girl... like finally then they turned around and gave us Medium which I guess causes Ceres to just sorta straddle the line since technically not flower girl since giant flying forest... but at the same time the part of her that communicates with people is flower girl.

I honestly Expect Ancient Troja aor Ceresmon as the 4th mega/Ultimate slot. But putting aside what I feel as a couple of the more likely options I do hope we get a 3rd new mon. I mean 2 sets isn't enough to establish an actual pattern but. Vol 1 gave us 3 new mons (Hiyari, Frozo, FrosVelgr) Vol 2 gave us 3 new mons (Suna, Goro, Vulture) SO far vol 3 only has 2... I wouldn't mind if they spread the love and gave a new mon to NME, but I mean i was kinda hoping more for big plant dragon/dino evolution for Toropia... but I'm totally fine with Toropia>BlumLord I just wont be upset if we do get a 3rd new plantmon.

IndustrialPanic

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Really liking the charts for the dim cards, I didn't expect them to reveal them so soon but it's probably better to get that out of the way.

The new digimon for HJ look really good, hoping we get their art soon. Ayataramon seems to be a ninja type digimon which are always fun, I didn't see anyone comment here but a fun detailed is that his body looks like is made of vines like blossomon but are tangled in a more humanoid shape instead of just being a bunch of tentacles. This guy makes a pretty good perfect for Shurimon and a also a good masculine Sunflowmon evo with his flower mask.

We also have BloomLordmon, which brings much needed diversity for plant ultimates, who with the exception of Algomon and AncientTrojanmon (who is probably the mystery digimon) are all sexy landies, so a vacine type flower guy is very appreciated. He also seems somewhat insect like with his antennas and overall posture, which is nice since insect digimon are also lacking in the diversity departiment for ultimates, BanchoStingmon, Shivamon and TigerVespamon being the only insect ultimates that don't share either the Kabuterimon or Kuwagamon name as far as I remenber.
(Speaking of Stingmon, BloomLordmon makes a really good final form for wormon in a Ken line, since I feel Bancho never fit Ken very well.)

NME didn't bring any new digimon like HJ did, but it's always fun to see XW and RA representation. The mystery virus type is probably Mugendramon if I had to guess, but a new dedicated evo for Rebellimon to go with HeavyLeomon would be very nice.

Sparrow Hawk

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If BloomLordmon/BlumLordmon's attribute gets confirmed as Vaccine then we finally got our Flower men with Vaccine and Virus attributes.

Yeah Ayataramon's body is full of vines because it's easy to tell so nobody bothers to comment that. But I still have no idea on what's on his "tail"/arm. Is it some kind of bone blade wrapped in belts or reptile tail?

HeatPhoenix

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If BloomLordmon/BlumLordmon's attribute gets confirmed as Vaccine then we finally got our Flower men with Vaccine and Virus attributes.

Yeah Ayataramon's body is full of vines because it's easy to tell so nobody bothers to comment that. But I still have no idea on what's on his "tail"/arm. Is it some kind of bone blade wrapped in belts or reptile tail?
Looks like a weapon similar to Hiryu Strider's sword: image link

HeavyLeomon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Really liking the charts for the dim cards, I didn't expect them to reveal them so soon but it's probably better to get that out of the way.

The new digimon for HJ look really good, hoping we get their art soon. Ayataramon seems to be a ninja type digimon which are always fun, I didn't see anyone comment here but a fun detailed is that his body looks like is made of vines like blossomon but are tangled in a more humanoid shape instead of just being a bunch of tentacles. This guy makes a pretty good perfect for Shurimon and a also a good masculine Sunflowmon evo with his flower mask.

We also have BloomLordmon, which brings much needed diversity for plant ultimates, who with the exception of Algomon and AncientTrojanmon (who is probably the mystery digimon) are all sexy landies, so a vacine type flower guy is very appreciated. He also seems somewhat insect like with his antennas and overall posture, which is nice since insect digimon are also lacking in the diversity departiment for ultimates, BanchoStingmon, Shivamon and TigerVespamon being the only insect ultimates that don't share either the Kabuterimon or Kuwagamon name as far as I remenber.
(Speaking of Stingmon, BloomLordmon makes a really good final form for wormon in a Ken line, since I feel Bancho never fit Ken very well.)

NME didn't bring any new digimon like HJ did, but it's always fun to see XW and RA representation. The mystery virus type is probably Mugendramon if I had to guess, but a new dedicated evo for Rebellimon to go with HeavyLeomon would be very nice.
Ajataramon to me looks more like a tribal warrior than a ninja, but it could work as both. Being a good evolution for some mons like igamon/kougamon/shurimon or dinohumon/sepikmon.
I agree with you, considering Bloomlordmon a more fitting ultimate evolution for the ken wormmon, with jewelbeemon as link between the ultimate and stingmon. The noble knight motif fit very well with ken, more than the rebel fighter of bantyostingmon at least.

Nightmare

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I can't shake the feeling that they either messed up and meant to have Palmon in Hermit of the Jungle and Parasaurmon in Titan of Dust or they decided to put Palmon in ToD before making HotJ so they went with Sunflowmon.

The Chaos Entity

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I can't shake the feeling that they either messed up and meant to have Palmon in Hermit of the Jungle and Parasaurmon in Titan of Dust or they decided to put Palmon in ToD before making HotJ so they went with Sunflowmon.

Neither. The DiM Cards so far have been all about specific environments. Togemon is a cactus, which is why she is in ToD, and Palmon and Sunflowmon are flowers, so they’re in HitJ. Linking ‘canon’ Digivolution Lines is clearly not something they’re concerned about, given that Groundramon was in Volcanic Beat without literally any other part of his line.

e105zeta

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Linking ‘canon’ Digivolution Lines is clearly not something they’re concerned about, given that Groundramon was in Volcanic Beat without literally any other part of his line.
They were concerned with it for Agumon, Gabumon, Blucomon, and Vorvomon but not anyone else, oddly.

HeavyLeomon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Linking ‘canon’ Digivolution Lines is clearly not something they’re concerned about, given that Groundramon was in Volcanic Beat without literally any other part of his line.
They were concerned with it for Agumon, Gabumon, Blucomon, and Vorvomon but not anyone else, oddly.
Blucomon and Vorvomon entire lines fit the enviroment of their respective dims.
Gabumon and Agumon dim cards explain themselves, being based on adventure 2020 anime, having the two protagonist digimon as the rookies, why would it not have their evolution lines?

zoosmell

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Neither. The DiM Cards so far have been all about specific environments. Togemon is a cactus, which is why she is in ToD, and Palmon and Sunflowmon are flowers, so they’re in HitJ. Linking ‘canon’ Digivolution Lines is clearly not something they’re concerned about, given that Groundramon was in Volcanic Beat without literally any other part of his line.
Birdramon in the same DIM is also a relevant example, as it was the first "orphaned" partner Adventure mon.

Onterriermon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Was honestly really expecting Pomumon and Junkmon. Nothing against Palmon but I guess this means we wont be seeing other adventure partners on their own DIMs like the EX set? Especially since Infinite Tide has Pukamon and Plesiomon...
Still some nice looking lineups anyway! Surprised we got them so far ahead of release date.

Mobius-D

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Weird to have a palmon dim card without Rosemon or BanchoLillymon. I really feel like this should have been pomumon. Oh well, I can admit when I’m wrong. This also means gomamon just straight up got shafted...

VanChizzle

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wish they'd gone with Alraumon instead of Palmon for a little extra variety but still it's nice to see some new mons being teased.