Hell's Grenade & Spiral Sword Option Cards Preview for Booster Set 2

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

New card previews from the Digimon Card Game! And a bit early tonight!

The Digimon Card Game Twitter has updated with more card previews from Booster Set 2 Ultimate Power. This time it's the option cards Hell's Grenade and Spiral Sword.

Both of these are black option cards. Hell's Grenade features Infermon shooting off one of the grenade energy bursts from the small cannon in his mouth, while Spiral Sword features Andromon launching the energy of the Spiral Sword from his arm.

Digimon Card Game Booster Set 2 Ultimate Power is scheduled to release on July 22nd.

Previous card previews for Booster Set 2:

Attachments

SparkGold

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hells Grenade/Spider Shooter
[Main] 1 of your opponent's Digimon <De-Digivolve 1> (discard the top card of a Digimon's Digivolution stack. If the Digimon has no Digivolution sources, this effect does nothing)
[Security] activate this card's [Main] effect

Spiral Sword/Lightning Blade
[Main] 1 of your Digimon gains +3000 DP until the end of your turn
[Security] 1 of your Digimon with <Blocker> becomes Active

Sarabande__

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well I have finally found a card with artwork I'm not fond of which is spider shooter. But that's the first out of all the cards I have seen unless I'm forgetting some. But it doesn't matter they are all still pretty awesome.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Infermon's Hell's Grenade card's background reminds me of Tamer's digimon world while that effect is pretty much like reference from his first appearance and even famous in the entire internet for breaking the rules of hero transformation.

I wonder if it's this same artist I saw Andromon card that looked like it's 3D Andromon from this Spiral Sword card?

DigiKing Tamer

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Infermon's Hell's Grenade card's background reminds me of Tamer's digimon world while that effect is pretty much like reference from his first appearance and even famous in the entire internet for breaking the rules of hero transformation.

I wonder if it's this same artist I saw Andromon card that looked like it's 3D Andromon from this Spiral Sword card?
Within the Digimon fandom, yeah, but I wouldn't say entire internet. 😝

jeffinitelyjeff

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hells Grenade/Spider Shooter
[Main] 1 of your opponent's Digimon <De-Digivolve 1> (discard the top card of a Digimon's Digivolution stack. If the Digimon has no Digivolution sources, this effect does nothing)
[Security] activate this card's [Main] effect
This card is definitely pushing the limit of my Japanese reading comprehension, but doesn't it also mention something about level 3?

進化元がなくなるか、Lv.3のデジモンになったらそれ以上破棄できない
Doesn't that say something like "If there are no evolution sources or if the Digimon would become Lv.3, this effect does nothing"? I'm confused about whether the 「Lv.3のデジモンになったら」bit means "if it would become Lv.3" or if it just means "if it is Lv.3" (if it's the latter meaning, that seems kind of redundant since Lv.3 Digimon can't have evolution sources).

Notus

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
@jeffinitelyjeff Lv.3 are Child, they can have the Lv.2 (Baby II) as evolution sources.

SparkGold

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This card is definitely pushing the limit of my Japanese reading comprehension, but doesn't it also mention something about level 3?
it's reminder text that Digimon cannot DeDigivolve below level 3 as baby Digimon below "rookie" level are not allowed on the field.
Overall, I like that black promotes players to play from their hand more rather than rely on evolving and risk being DeDigivolved. It helps promote strategic play and gives conditions to play mind games

GoldenEXP

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Took me a while, but Hell grenade/Spider shooting deDigivolving is a reference to Our War Game
When tentomon and agumon try to evolve but infermon stops them
thats really cute, i like these reference effect like this and leomons card having a condition based on being killed