Hello fellow Digifans

MidnightWolfie

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hello everyone!

Almost a month ago now, on a Sunday morning, my wife has asked me an amazing question. She asked me "Would you like to watch the new Digimon with me?"
My face lit up. She didn't know how much I love Digimon. but she was about to find out. See, I've kept that love of mine buried deep down for as long as I know. We sat down and watched the first episode of Digimon 2020, and surprisingly... I ADORED it. It brought me back. That nostalgic feeling, you know? I felt like I was watching Digimon Adventure 01 all over again!

It's been about a month since then. In the meantime I've bought two Digimon games, we've watched all the Tri shows (I'm so let down by that..) and now it's all I can think about. I believe I have a problem. That's how I stumbled upon this forum, with people who all have this problem with me. And now I feel like I belong somewhere!

So, fellow diginerds, I'm just here to say hello to everyone!

And since I'm already starting a new topic I'll ask you to tell me - do you remember your first ever experience with Digimon? How was it? Was it a show or a game? Which one? Share your experience with us!

Khyze

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder how Adventure 2020 is, I recently heard about it.

My first experience? not sure, I remember listening to the Adventure ending in cold mornings before school, other than that, cheap Tamagotchi thingies (They weren't Digimon, but had Digimon) and lastly, PS1 games, I never got cards...

SparkGold

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
it hasn't been a month since Adventure: 2020, it's only been 20 days :s it's a shame the global pandemic put the show on hiatus for the time being, though :(
My first time I noticed Digimon was when I was in first grade or so and came across a book that had the adventure cast in it and really liking Gomamon. I then recall seeing an episode of Adventure and taking a notice to Tentomon and Togemon in it and some time later I would notice an Impmon plushie at a flea market and having its design almost perfectly memorized by me as something about it stuck out. However, it took until around 2008 playing Dusk and then Dawn until I gave the series real attention and, as a kid who was 10 at the time, that game was really grindy for me and pretty hard at times. It was around when I was 17 or so (maybe older?) when I started reading all of the Digimon profiles and I got immersed in the complexity of this world. That first real introduction to the franchsie with the Dawn and Dusk DS games must have stuck with me as I have a fondness for Coronamon and Lunamon although lately I've also been pretty into Mamemon.

DedicatedGazi

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
My first ever experience was before it all started. I was in the fourth grade, and the class all got copies of a "kids news" magazine. Inside was an artcile about Japan making a new virtual pet like Tamagatchi, but they could fight. I remember being excited for that. By the time they actually hit the states I was hooked.

7ynal

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
First thing I ever picked up was Bandai's Digimon Tamagotchi. After that a friend and I started playing Digimon World for PS1. We would keep one save file and bring it to each others houses just to keep playing. We'd also run around and pretend to hatch and raise Digimon. I watched Digimon Adventure and few other series. Seeing the movie as a kid blew my mind. Digimon started off so strong and it always hurt watching them fumble it. For years I'd wake up with fever dreams about what Digimon could've been. They recently dropped the digivice v20 and I bought one for my wife and son. Told my friends about it and they all picked one up. Everyone is having a blast playing and we talk in Discord everyday about them. I worked at a software company a few years back and we'd have game days. I brought in World 1 and everyone played it. Both of those things are old as dirt and they still bring so much joy to people. Bandai had...HAS.. lightning in a bottle and never figured out what to do with it. Sorry for the rant.. but this year is the first year in a very long time that I have hope. The digivices are awesome, the new anime is great, and the card game looks promising. If they drop Digimon World 1 for the Switch I will die happy.

Azure Beast

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
My earliest memories of digimon was when i was 4 at my old house.it was a very cold morning my older brother woke me up and then he took me downstairs to show me his computer and then i saw Digimon Adventure 01 for the very fist time, even though i was so cold i was shivering i couldnt keep my eyes off the screen, and until now i still remember everything from that day.and Butter-Fly was still ringing in my head.right after that at the same day he also showed me the dreamcast for the first time and we played sonic adventure together and in my sleep i could imagine Gabumon running around station square and mystic ruins.ive always loved and will forever love gabumon and his evolutions ever since that day.A few days later me and my older brother would collect liitle figures of digimon everytime he picked me up from school.I got my first ever V-pet when i was seven and it was the white and black version 2, for a span of 2 weeks i didnt have anyone to play with and my digimon was still a child level gabumon until i met my best friend with a green v-pet,i remember he had a gazimon and we always played together pretending we were digimon. and we couldnt stop talking about digimon and we visit each others houses to play battle evolution and he would come to my house to play world 1.my very first encounter with the english dub was when i was visiting his house and we watched digimon the movie .we still keep in touch to this day.i still have my version 2 in my dads farm. i will always cherrish those memories.

Last edited:

MidnightWolfie

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
First thing I ever picked up was Bandai's Digimon Tamagotchi. After that a friend and I started playing Digimon World for PS1. We would keep one save file and bring it to each others houses just to keep playing. We'd also run around and pretend to hatch and raise Digimon. I watched Digimon Adventure and few other series. Seeing the movie as a kid blew my mind. Digimon started off so strong and it always hurt watching them fumble it. For years I'd wake up with fever dreams about what Digimon could've been. They recently dropped the digivice v20 and I bought one for my wife and son. Told my friends about it and they all picked one up. Everyone is having a blast playing and we talk in Discord everyday about them. I worked at a software company a few years back and we'd have game days. I brought in World 1 and everyone played it. Both of those things are old as dirt and they still bring so much joy to people. Bandai had...HAS.. lightning in a bottle and never figured out what to do with it. Sorry for the rant.. but this year is the first year in a very long time that I have hope. The digivices are awesome, the new anime is great, and the card game looks promising. If they drop Digimon World 1 for the Switch I will die happy.
This post made me happy. So happy! My story is somewhat similar. My first touch with Digimon was actually watching Adventure 01 on TV. I adored it so much. I started buying plushies, kinder eggs with toys, etc. I remember saving money that parents would give me for over a month to get my first tamagochi! (in my country $20 was considered A LOT of money at the time.)
Anyway, one day I've seen my cousin play Digimon World 1 and I fell in love. I bought it too and to this day I don't think there's a single Digimon game that's as good as that one. Sure, Next World Order is good but I kind of miss World 1.

My earliest memories of digimon was when i was 4 at my old house.it was a very cold morning my older brother woke me up and then he took me downstairs to show me his computer and then i saw Digimon Adventure 01 for the very fist time, even though i was so cold i was shivering i couldnt keep my eyes off the screen, and until now i still remember everything from that day.and Butter-Fly was still ringing in my head.right after that at the same day he also showed me the dreamcast for the first time and we played sonic adventure together and in my sleep i could imagine Gabumon running around station square and mystic ruins.ive always loved and will forever love gabumon and his evolutions ever since that day.A few days later me and my older brother would collect liitle figures of digimon everytime he picked me up from school.I got my first ever V-pet when i was seven and it was the white and black version 2, for a span of 2 weeks i didnt have anyone to play with and my digimon was still a child level gabumon until i met my best friend with a green v-pet,i remember he had a gazimon and we always played together pretending we were digimon. and we couldnt stop talking about digimon and we visit each others houses to play battle evolution and he would come to my house to play world 1.my very first encounter with the english dub was when i was visiting his house and we watched digimon the movie .we still keep in touch to this day.i still have my version 2 in my dads farm. i will always cherrish those memories.
All of that is amazing! I sadly never had anyone to share my V-pet with. I always seemed to be the only person who cared about digimon. I remember seeing the digimon movie for the first time! It was terrifying, but I loved every second of it! I'm trying to re-watch Adventure 01 now and 02 before re watching the movie.