Hello everyone!

twitchhinesly991

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
New here, been a fan of Digimon since the second episode aired live on Fox Kids back in 1999, never thought 23 years later I'd be on a forum talking about it. Oh man, does time fly. I've always been a massive fan of Digimon, since I first watched it I could tell I was going to end up liking it more then Pokemo (even as a 8 year old)

So, I wanted to do a quick introduction and wanted to see what everyone first memory of Digimon is? Mine is the kids falling down the river after fighting kuwagamon and Gomamon using marching fishes to keep everyone safe, I was instantly hooked lol

Illu

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Welcome to WtW! Hope you enjoy your stay.
what everyone first memory of Digimon is?
My first experience with Digimon was when my cousin wiped the floor with me in Digimon Card Game Alpha in 2012. I was like 6 at the time, so I basically never played a Digimon TCG until 2020 when the newest game came out. I discovered the anime not long after he beat the shit out of me though, and I watched all available seasons on netflix, plus the first season of xros wars in dub.

Last edited:

Ricardolindo

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
New here, been a fan of Digimon since the second episode aired live on Fox Kids back in 1999, never thought 23 years later I'd be on a forum talking about it. Oh man, does time fly. I've always been a massive fan of Digimon, since I first watched it I could tell I was going to end up liking it more then Pokemo (even as a 8 year old)

So, I wanted to do a quick introduction and wanted to see what everyone first memory of Digimon is? Mine is the kids falling down the river after fighting kuwagamon and Gomamon using marching fishes to keep everyone safe, I was instantly hooked lol
Welcome to the forum.
I am not sure what was my first experience with Digimon. As I was born in 2002, I am not part of the generation that grew up watching it. I remember watching a Digimon Frontier episode around 2010, I think.
Anyways, I was familiar enough with it that I searched a lot for it in 2017 which actually led me to join the fandom and this forum.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Welcome! I heard about Digimon before I was actually exposed to it, though what it was didn’t really come across. I thought it was a spinoff series from Pokemon. First time I actually encountered Digimon may have been when I noticed part of Adventure (dub) episode 8 on TV at latchkey, but didn’t pay much attention to it. I didn’t become a fan until later.

Ricardolindo

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Welcome! I heard about Digimon before I was actually exposed to it, though what it was didn’t really come across. I thought it was a spinoff series from Pokemon. First time I actually encountered Digimon may have been when I noticed part of Adventure (dub) episode 8 on TV at latchkey, but didn’t pay much attention to it. I didn’t become a fan until later.

When it first came out, it was a common misconception in the United States that Digimon was a spinoff series from Pokémon.

Takatofan1986

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Welcome!

I don't remember for sure my very first experience with Digimon, but I was big into Pokemon - well, I actually lived in a small town that didn't get the WB, so I was late to the game, but I got into it (long story) and it was so late in the game (2000) that Odd Lots/Big Lots had the VHS's for sale 2/$6, and they had the code on the side that showed what number it was, and I watched most of the first season that way, before finding reruns on my local FOX station at 6 am weekdays, while I had to get on the bus at 7, so that worked (I would get up ridiculously early to get ready and then watch Pokemon). My cousin told me to watch Digimon and I like many at the time thought it was a Poke-ripoff, so I didn't give it a chance. But I finally did, and pretty soon I realized Digimon was better. Pokemon is still fun though.