Has the Halo fanchise Kilimanjaroed itself?

Megidramon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well being a gaming fan, I like nearly every game console and games, so I have not bias or one sided nature to this article.

But after the recent announcements by Microsoft, it seems that Halo is being milked for everything it is worth. I mean; there are three new games; halo 3, halo wars and the untitled halo game. Then we have got the movie, the books, Peter Jackson's involvement with the series and movie and properly the music side to go with the games and movie (properly an inspired album and instrumental side). In the matter of months we have a lot of halo announcements and I am quite sick of it, I enjoy the series but when something like this happens questions about Microsoft's position is going to be asked, are they desperate to beat the competition of Wii and PS3?

So do you thing halo has been over killed with the recent announcements?

Side rant: I also hate how everyone can get so ecstatic about a g*d da*n video.

Pkmatrix

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Probably. But, as long as the MP in Halo 3 is still fun, I'll be fine with it. The Halo Wars RTS, while unexpected, does seem interesting... there was a lot of the Human-Covenant War that was never seen in the games, such as the Battle of Reach. I'm also looking forward to the next book (I prefer the books to the games actually... easier to spend $10 on a paperback than a few hundred on a game and system!) and the movie. Microsoft does seem desperate to milk Halo for all its worth, which is upsetting, but hopefully the series won't die in a whimper because of it.

Flarg

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, they're all being done by different companies for the most part. I mean of course Msoft is going to, in a sense, "Milk it" for all its worth. Its their flagship series and it's pretty much a cash crop. But they're all going to be differnet types of games( Halo 3=fps, Halo Wars=rts, and no one knows about the untitled project)

I don't know. Being a Halo fan, I can't say I really mind, I probably won't play Halo Wars as I'm not a huge rts fan, and if Peter Jackson is working on that other Halo title, I might be intrigued.

ToiletGecko

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Any Halo game not made by Bungie is doomed to failure. But as long as they keep being the ones behind the helm of the FPSes, at least, they will continue to kick ass and take names.