Has Digimon ever broken the fourth wall?

digibro217

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
After all, other popular Toei animes like Dragon Ball and Sailor Moon have done it on a few occasions.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You mean, in the anime? Blastmon at one point refers to "this show" in Xros Wars. Of course, it could be passed off that he was speaking metaphorically.

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
In Cyber Sleuth, a Numemon and Elecmon (I think it was them?) yell "____ digivolve too!" when attacked in an attempt to digivolve, then when questioned what the hell theyre doing, they say they thought you just yelled it and it happened. Everyone there then questions why they thought that would be a thing, lol. That sorta counts as a meta reference fourth wall break thing.

edit: found it, 19:15

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkSdaqAPpU0

Last edited:

digibro217

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You mean, in the anime? Blastmon at one point refers to "this show" in Xros Wars. Of course, it could be passed off that he was speaking metaphorically.
The anime and pretty much any form of Digimon media, really.

Deep Saver

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There's that one "bonus" episode of Savers with Agumon, Gaomon, and Lalamon commentating on previous episodes.

D O R U g o r a m o n

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I know the english dub has broken the fourth wall. In the english dub of the first three movies, Digmons's partner says that "he could be better animated".

KoreeluStromboli

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
At the end of the English dub of Digimon Adventure tri.: [Our] Future, Gomamon exclaims "I never get to talk, not a word this whole episode!"

digibro217

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I've also heard DemiVeemon broke the fourth wall in the Japanese version of Adventure 01.

Last edited:

DontStopPataPata

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I know the english dub has broken the fourth wall. In the english dub of the first three movies, Digmons's partner says that "he could be better animated".

He said “Digmon could be a little more animated” which is more likely meaning “lively”