Halo Wars (Limited Edition)

Py687

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Not sure if my fellow WtWers are Halo fans, but for those uninformed posters here, a brand new Halo video game was released in the U.S. today (I believe it already came out in Europe a week ago).

Anyway, I just got it, and can't wait to pop it into my 360 as soon as my brother returns from school. He'd throw a fit if I played it when he wasn't here. :-\

The case is snazzy and comes with a few awesome codes to unlock content on both Halo Wars and Halo 3, six trading cards, a sweet hardbound graphic novel, and a weird rubber/plastic patch signifying the symbol of the Spirit of Fire, apparently the main UNSC ship of the game.

So has anyone else gotten the game and played it yet?

Vallant

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I too got hold of the Limited edition, the Graphic novel was a surprise, and the Spirit of Fire Badge this is quite cool. The case is just as good as Halo 3's limited edition and I have to say I'm pretty pleased. I've played through a large chunk of the game and have found it impressive at least. I've played far better RTS, but Its is enjoyable nether the less. The only thing I wish is that The Covenant could of had a Campaign.

Lucemia

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I just seen that today at Wal-Mart and seen the $80 price on it. Too bad I don't have that kind of money, but I would like to play it sometime. Too bad the Covenant doesn't have a campaign, I figured it would. I also plan on playing the first two Halos being that I've only played the first one.

Py687

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
@ Lucemia: There are three Halos, so I'd suggest you play not the first two, but the last two. Also, you can pay sixty dollars for the normal edition, although that has only the game.

--
Back on topic...

I suck at the game. I have no idea how to splatter fifty grunts on the first level when everyone else is shooting at them, and also killing all 100 of them. The most I've gotten is only 95. :(

It's pretty fun so far, but I'd rather play Halo 3. :-\