Halloween Social Art, & OmegaShoutmon X Profile & Large Art Updates for More Digimon

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Halloween Social Art, & OmegaShoutmon X Profile & Large Art Updates for More Digimon

A few things..

Image Thumbnail (custom)

We have a few different updates from the Digimon Twitter account the last few days...

First up is the pre-Halloween art up above, which was posted with the following text:
Tomorrow is Halloween!
Digimon also have fun wearing costumes! But Terriermon and Gotsumon are indecisive on what kind of costume they want to wear. "I like this outfit also. Oh, but that's nice too. Hmm, what should I choose?"
I'm looking forward to what kind of costume you dress up in.

Then they also posted another for Halloween...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

There was much indecision yesterday over what costume to pick, but Terriermon and Gotsumon are enjoying Halloween too! Looks nice on them doesn't it? Let's head on over to EDEN Cyberspace!

Then we also get more profiles and art!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

With the Digimon X3 up to pre-order, we're getting better resolution artwork for various Digimon, plus short profiles for new ones! Today we get a short profile for a Digimon we haven't seen yet!

We start with OmegaShoutmon X, who we get large art and a short profile for as our first look at him!

The red lines of his body appear when his fiercely bubbling enthusiasm syncs when his X-antibody. That enthusiasm takes the shape of crystal claws, his "Flare Rock Damashii" increasing in force.!

We also get higher resolution art for a few more Digimon... (A few of these were posted along with the reference book update a few days ago, since it was timely to do so.)

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

Cyberdramon X, Alphamon, Dinotigermon, Goddramon X, Hououmon X, Ouryumon, Plesiomon X, and TigerVespamon! Their introductions on Twitter are shortened versions of their standard profiles.

More to come!

Thanks to onkei and shin for translations.

YongYoKyo

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
OmegaShoutmon X actually feels more like a classic Digimon with the belts and the thin Omegamon-style waist and arms. The Dorumon-style interfaces all over its body are interesting too.

Deep Saver

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I really like how some of OmegaShoutmon X's design elements invoke Omegamon, like the skinny parts covered in black fabric and the shields on the shoulders. Very neat!

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Cyberdramon X's wings got honeycomb designs and arm blades got... Marble prints?

Insect-like, slime Terminator, and shiny steel. I wish it'd reveal whose artist drew him.

Why Ouryumon's image in red?

BlankShell

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I like that they didn't go too overboard with the design. Sometimes a subtle redesign makes the comparisons more fun.

And Terriermon/Gotsumon as their Cyber Sleuth tamers is the god damn best thing I've ever seen.

The Golux

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Cyberdramon X's wings got honeycomb designs and arm blades got... Marble prints?

Insect-like, slime Terminator, and shiny steel. I wish it'd reveal whose artist drew him.

probably because of the white clouds and black wings.

Ragnalord

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ew! Talk about dull and ugly all at the same time, no where near as good as other perfect level x antibodies.

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The Cyber Sleuth/Hackers Memory arts made me super happy tbh.

OmniShoutmon X... isn't for me. I think most of the new ones are decent enough, but for me this one is back to "meh" like most of the older X forms.

Also, that Ouryumon art having a red background is super weird.

probably because of the white clouds and black wings.
They don't seem to mind from thier DRB art

Last edited:

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm saddened Ouryumon's image isn't enough to get bigger and clean.

Chimera-gui

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Okay the higher res art seems to confirm that Cyberdramon X is a mix of both the original and Fusion Cyberdramon, looking very alien like Fusion Cyberdramon albeit in a 'futuristic robotic alien" way instead of Giger-esque.

OmegaShoutmon X actually feels more like a classic Digimon with the belts and the thin Omegamon-style waist and arms. The Dorumon-style interfaces all over its body are interesting too.
I think you might be right, I like him for it and it does make sense as Fusion and App Monsters was when we started to see Digimon returning to a mix of classic and modern Digimon aesthetic/design philosophy.

AquaVersus

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow, it’s very cool to see official art of traditional Digimon interacting with an Appmon!

flintlock

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
OmegaShoutmon looks like it would be a perfect evolution for TigerVespamon even though we have CannonBeemon. Also I'm glad they out him at perfect level because imagine Omekamon evolving into him. He's in gold or blue right?

Yeah I thought the same too, it has to be a Kenji Watanabe design.

Wow, it’s very cool to see official art of traditional Digimon interacting with an Appmon!
I think its AncientWisemon. Its probably just a mirror in the shape of him as a cute easteregg.

Last edited:

Amandil7

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Omegashoutmon-X looks like a standard X design, not too overdone. So now we just have Meramon and Pegasusmon's X forms left aside from the unrevealed ones.

Notus

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
OmegaShoutmon X blade-arms makes me think of the Duramon line. I find thee red "neckwarmer" part of the head a bit weird, otherwise a pretty cool design.

Chimera-gui

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah but the one in the art has the little round things at the bottom that AicentWisemon has, that Mirrormon doesn't. Plus the one in the art has the chain. It has more AWmon stuff than Mirrormon stuff.

DigiKing Tamer

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah but the one in the art has the little round things at the bottom that AicentWisemon has, that Mirrormon doesn't. Plus the one in the art has the chain. It has more AWmon stuff than Mirrormon stuff.
inb4 Xros Up AncientWisemon. But in all seriousness, I'm all for more Frontier-era (is that the right term? :confused:) Digimon acknowledgement, especially the more obscure ones! Well, obscure compared to Susanoomon and the Agunimon and Lobomon lines bar BurningGreymon and KendoGarurumon.

Nightwing

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm getting a heavy Alphamon-vibe from OmegaShoutmon X and I know others have seen it on Twitter, I wonder how intentional that is.

RogueX4

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Whoa! I absolutely love Omega Shoutmon X! I feel as if this should of always been his original design. I’ve never been a fan of his standard look. Too toy like. So far I’ve adored all the X Digimon except Cyberdramon X. What the heck were they thinking?

Still I can’t wait to receive my X2 and it to be next year for the X3’s to finally arrive. I hope the next product is the Digivice 01...

Last edited: