Haim Saban Recieves Hollywood Walk of Fame Star in 2017

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Haim Saban, best known to us as the founder of Saban Entertainment and Saban Brands will soon be receiving his star in Hollywood.

Image Thumbnail

Yesterday the Walk of Fame Selection Committee of the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce announced their list of who would be receiving stars in 2017 in various entertainment categories.

Haim Saban is most well known for his vast entertainment empire that began with his career as a musician in the 1960s. That later moved into producing and managing, and composing music for television with his business partner Shuki Levy. That eventually moved into his deals with Fox Kids which moved to Power Rangers, Digimon, and many other shows and continues with various franchises to this day (not to mention owning more things than I could list easily.)

His specific star is for what he did in the television industry.

Here is the full list for 2017.
In the category of MOTION PICTURES:
Amy Adams, Jason Bateman, Goldie Hawn, Dwayne Johnson, Chris Pratt, Brett Ratner, Ryan Reynolds, George A. Romero, Mark Ruffalo and Rita Wilson

In the category of TELEVISION:
Tyra Banks, Andre Braugher, Ken Corday, Lee Daniels, Hugh Laurie, Eva Longoria, Wolfgang Puck, Keri Russell, Haim Saban, George Segal, Sarah Silverman and Jeffrey Tambor

In the category of RECORDING:
Clarence Avant, Jerry Goldsmith (posthumous), Hall & Oates, Ice Cube, John Legend, *NSYNC, New Edition and Selena Quintanilla (posthumous)

In the category of RADIO:
Elvis Duran

In the category of LIVE THEATRE/LIVE PERFORMANCE:
Criss Angel, Jeff Dunham and Gustavo Dudamel

Recipients have two years to schedule their ceremonies.

I know many people see him as a controversial figure for many reasons, please try and keep comments civil.

Thanks to our good friends at The Digimon Rewatch for this info and for AVClub and the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce for more detailed information.

Victor

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Some people forget how much he has done for Saturday morning entertainment. Some people also overstate how much he has done for Saturday morning entertainment. Is this star deserved? Sure there are more people who deserve one and there are those who deserve it less. But in the end he is just another guy who changed the world a little bit in more ways than any of us can ever imagine.

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is very cool. He helped create and contributed to one of the greatest Saturday morning cartoon blocks ever, only ever rivaled by the likes of Kids WB and Toonami.

AguChamp

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm glad for the guy. He may have his flaws, but to say he hasn't done good for the world of Saturday Morning Cartoons is a lie, keeping alive even despite their slow decay.

When I first saw the thread, I thought he actually died. That would've made 2016 an even worse year.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I could make jokes about him or about who else is getting a star compared to who already has one but... Let's just be glad he's getting one. He has done a lot more good then he has else.