Hacker's Memory Reviewed in Famitsu

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Just a bit over a week left for those in Japan!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The next issue of Famitsu in Japan has their review scores for Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth- Hacker's Memory and they are VERY good.

The magazine gave both the PS4 and Vita versions of Hacker's Memory 9/9/9/8 (35/40.)

This is a slight improvement on the score that the original Cyber Sleuth received which was 8/9/9/8 (34/40) and should hopefully put any last minute fears to rest that the game doesn't live up to it's predecessor.

If you want to import the Japanese release of Hacker's Memory... (Affiliate Links)
PS4
PS4 Limited Edition
Vita
Vita Limited Edition

The game is currently scheduled for release in the US and the rest of the world in January.

It's currently up for pre-order at Amazon (affiliate link.)

Thanks to Gematsu and Ryokutya2089 for the scores and Shadow Shinji for the heads up.

Tavo-Lobo

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What a pity that the information was just a score instead of a text review...

But it still seems like the game will not be a copy and paste of the old game: More digimons, change of clothes, new plot, more interesting characters....
All this new stuff probably kept the score on top

Shadow Shinji

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Only 9 days left!! I cannot wait ​(^o^) By the way, I positively think Hacker's Memory is the Digimon game with the highest score in Famitsu so far!! As far as I recall:
*Digimon Story got 8/7/8/7 [30/40].
*Digimon Story: Sunburst & Moonlight got 7/7/7/7 [28/40].
*Digimon Story: Lost Evolution got 8/8/7/7 [30/40].
*Digimon Story: Super Xros Wars Blue & Red got 8/8/8/8 [32/40].
*Digimon World Re:Digitize got 8/8/7/8 [31/40].
*Digimon Adventure (PSP) got 8/7/7/7[29/40].
*Digimon World Re:Digitize Decode got 8/8/8/8 [32/40].
*Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth got 8/9/9/8 [34/40].
*Digimon World: Next Order got 8/8/9/8 [33/40].
*Digimon Universe: Appli Monsters (3DS) got 8/8/8/7 [31/40].
and now...
*Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth Hacker's Memory got 9/9/9/8 [35/40].

Am I missing anyone?

Deep Saver

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow, better than the original huh? That seems rather uncommon with direct sequels like this. I can't wait for it in English!

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Good stuff. Better than the first? I guess we'll see.

Vaioumon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Shouldn't be too hard to accomplish, imo. Cyber Sleuth was great, don't get me wrong, but the story was more driven by the characters than the plot. So improving on either of those points (on top of the gameplay and digimon roster additions) makes for a better game. Good to hear that that seems to be the case.

Yamato-san

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The fact that Japan's getting a two-in-one package that includes an upgraded version of the original Cyber Sleuth might be worth mentioning. Though hopefully, a lot of this review was based around the core Hacker's Memory game on its own merits.

Tavo-Lobo

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The fact that Japan's getting a two-in-one package that includes an upgraded version of the original Cyber Sleuth might be worth mentioning....
Are they also going to give an update on Sleuth in the American version as well when they launch in the West (that stuff you can change clothes)? Or will it'll be exclusive to Japan?

Shadow Shinji

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well let's keep in mind that Hacker's Memory is the first Digimon game that has been classified as a "CERO: C" in Japan, that is, it's only recommned for people above 15 years old, so we can expect a very mature and maybe obscure at some points plot line.

In another vein, such an important (and unexpected) news. I've just noticed that the Limited Edition for both PS4 and PS Vita has been sold out in most of the available websites so far, that is, CDJapan, AmiAmi and even PlayAsia. I think it's only still up in Solaris Japan at a higher price.

King in Pink

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well let's keep in mind that Hacker's Memory is the first Digimon game that has been classified as a "CERO: C" in Japan, that is, it's only recommned for people above 15 years old, so we can expect a very mature and maybe obscure at some points plot line.
I doubt it will have that. If the last game was anything to go by "aimed at adults" translated to "using kanji that younger audiences wouldn't be able to read and having more cleavage on the female characters".

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I doubt it will have that. If the last game was anything to go by "aimed at adults" translated to "using kanji that younger audiences wouldn't be able to read and having more cleavage on the female characters".
Also all the attempted murders, sex dolls and organ harvesting.