MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A couple bits of game news...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Famitsu will hold a Hacker's Memory livestream on nico on November 24th at 9:30pm (Japan time) that they've scheduled to last an hour and a half.

Hopefully we get confirmation of some more game details, with perhaps a few more Digimon announced...

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

A number of guests will be at the livestream including... Kaori Ishihara (Wormmon in Hacker's Memory), Kouji Watanabe (in charge of Cyber Sleuth subquest stories), Volcano Ota (directed the team that created Digimon and has been involved with the brand since it's creation, even after leaving Bandai), and Habu Kazumasa (producer of the Cyber Sleuth series.)

Hacker's Memory is scheduled for release on December 14th. The normal version will be 6,800 yen on PS4 while the Vita version will cost 5,700. The 20th Anniversary Editions will cost 10,300 yen for the Playstation 4 and 9,200 yen for the Vita.

If you want to import the Japanese release of Hacker's Memory... (Affiliate Links)
PS4
PS4 Limited Edition
Vita
Vita Limited Edition

The game is currently scheduled for release on January 19th, 2018 in the US and the rest of the world.

It's currently up for pre-order at Amazon (affiliate link.)

Update- Bandai Namco Europe has announced a fan Q&A, separate from the Japanese livestream above.

Questions are submitted via Twitter and will be asked to an unnamed Hacker's Memory producer (likely Habu) in a Q&A interview video shortly.

In addition, we have a bit of Appmon news...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The Appmon 3DS game, along with the expanded Cybera Arena demo, will no longer be able to purchase or download after November 30th on the Nintendo eShop.

Not unexpected, but still sad.

Those who purchased the full game will still be able to redownload it after the removal date if it's not on their system.

saifors

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wait why is Appmon being removed from the eShop? The only other game I remember being removed was... meme run, for copyright infringement.
Why is Appmon being removed? Was it just not very successful? Even then it doesn't make sense for them to stop selling it digitally as a result.

Rosa

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
CS Hacker's Memory news always get me hype for more content and ofcourse more digimon and about appmon, i dont know what failed, the whole game, the appmon idea or the plataform what was released on... since DW Redigitize decode being only in japan even on the "best selling system" i guess the best idea was release appmon game as a paid app for android (maybe IOS), if square did why not bandai? not every app must be free with premium content.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wait why is Appmon being removed from the eShop? The only other game I remember being removed was... meme run, for copyright infringement.
Why is Appmon being removed? Was it just not very successful? Even then it doesn't make sense for them to stop selling it digitally as a result.

Other games have been removed, it's just not often advertised.

Show is over. It's likely no longer worth Bandai's effort to keep dealing with potential customer service, etc.

The game wasn't a good seller due to when it was released and the price (it's picked up since then, but it'd be hard to claim it was a successful game.)

Removing it before the New Year may also give them the ability to write off part of it for tax purposes based on certain things.

Muur

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'll be sure to check in for some of that stream footage.

Sucks that Appmon did so bad for them. Their own fault though.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well that's sad. ...I wonder if we'd ever get that game over here. But oh well. ...I do remember that we never heard about games being taken off the eShop.

Muur

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well that's sad. ...I wonder if we'd ever get that game over here. But oh well. ...I do remember that we never heard about games being taken off the eShop.

Appmon hasn't aired in the west, realising a game for it here doesn't make sense

DATS24

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
aww yiss more God Habumon livestream is always good. About Appmo removal from eshop, it's usual for them, mostly to prevent taxes. This happens when the first Project X Zone was also removed. Probably bcos of the licensing or something else.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Added details of a Bandai Namco Europe fan Q&A.

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The live stream is over. While there wasn't any kind of special announcement or any other big news, we got some nice chunks of gameplay and a better look at some things that we already knew would be in the game.

The first highlight was them showing off a little quest featuring the Sistermon duo. Some nice footage showing their attacks and most importantly their transformation to their awakened forms. Interestingly they use a single combined clip for the transformation... so I wonder if both have to be on the battlefield in order to awaken...

Volcano Ota joined the stream about 20 minutes in. He will be voicing both Volcamon and PileVolcamon and they showed some footage of their special attacks using his voice clips.

They also had a segment on Arkadimon, discussing his Manga origins and showcasing some attacks from the Baby all the way to the Ultimate form.

Around the last third of the stream another special guest appeared who has been part of many streams and events in the past: Agumon!

They finished off with some rather long gameplay segments showing various types of quests and battles. There was a new police themed dungeon where they used various Digimon to break down a security door, a bunch of more domination battle gameplay and also a sub-quest where you fight other hackers to take over their territory (or something along those lines.)
And finally they showcased some network battles! They spent a lot of time in various Digimon Lab menus and had all of their Digimon wear different funny hats before facing off in a rather one sided battle against a Royal Knights themed enemy team (that included the new Alphamon Ouryuken with extended wings).

Overall if you just want to see more gameplay this stream is probably worth a look if it pops up somewhere in better quality...

DATS24

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
some interesting info from the live streams:
1. AeroV-dramon Dragon Impulse animation got refined. It looked better and more precise to the manga.
2. MetalGarurumon's Garuru Tomahawk has been replaced by Cocytus Breath, this probably means Wargeymon's Brave Tornado might be changed into Dramon Killer, and possibly the standard Alphamon's "Ouryuuken" attack is going to be Seiken Gradalpha (as how the NXEdge version teased).
3. Interestingly the NXEdge Omegamon has its Garuru Cannon shooting blue energy 3 times, the pattern reminds of the Diablomon Gyakushuu movie.
4. Valdur Arm is confirmed, and it has Aurora Blaster while keeping its "Haou Ryoudan Ken" attack.
5. It has somewhat Galge-like features, the most hilarious one is when they're doing it with Beelzebumon.
6. Noir has Erika's voice actor, while Blanc has Wormmon's voice actor.

with sistermon being included in story, I'm afraid that in US Noir is really replaced by Ciel so that I doubt for the separated treatment like Habumon said before. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Muur

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ooh I like that the Sistermons have some sort of DLC quest. They didn't have that for the DLC dudes in the first game, other than Dianamon being in the Mater Cup and some random bad guy having BlackWarGreymon and BlackMetalGarurumon in a fight which is a bit rude since they have you fighting dudes you can't use, so unless this is base game and is like "lol no Sisters for you unless you pre ordered" it's good stuff.

They're also cute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SNY27-fv3o

Here's a video

Last edited:

Deep Saver

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's cool that the game has a bunch of tiny little details added. I'm pretty impressed they redid the animation for Dragon Impulse so it would be more in line with V-Tamer and the inclusion of Chaosmon: Valdur Arm is a nice surprise. I've been giving the original CS a replay in anticipation!

Yamato-san

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Should I download the Appmon demo while I still can? I might just pick up the physical game later on, but I'll get the demo if it adds anything special to the main game.

2. MetalGarurumon's Garuru Tomahawk has been replaced by Cocytus Breath, this probably means Wargeymon's Brave Tornado might be changed into Dramon Killer, and possibly the standard Alphamon's "Ouryuuken" attack is going to be Seiken Gradalpha (as how the NXEdge version teased).

I was wondering about the possibility of letting us equip signature attacks. They could allow a lot of Digimon to have 2-3 of them without the major inconvenience of taking up attack slots in battle. Speaking of new attacks, I noticed that Botamon had its attack changed to 酸の泡 (San no Awa/Acid Bubbles) as opposed to just アワ (Awa/Bubbles). It got an actual animation to go with the attack, too. I'm guessing the other Baby forms got the same treatment, which could hopefully mean that some of them get their more unique attacks (like Nyaromon's Fox Tail or Kuramon's Glare Eye).