Hacker's Memory General Discussion

Bartz

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It seems like the same lack of attention to context to me. *shrug*
Not quite, one is a mistranslation of the script, the other is given by Bandai often separate of the translators' work. It's one of the reasons why we get names like LoadKnightmon and SlushAngemon, as well as inconsistent names like Lucemon Chaos Mode vs. Wild 1st Mode.

Last edited:

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The Huck names coming from higher ups would make sense because it just makes no sense they'd use Hackmon, then fuck up and put Huckmon for his two other forms (other than if they did a direct translation, then didn't bother to change the name but that surely can't be the case, since for example 'MudFrigimon' is used wen that has nothing to do with his Japanese name). I'll give them the benefit of the doubt but "Huck" still triggers me.

Sapphire Luna

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Newbie here. Does this game have a Japanese voice option?
And how much space does the Vita download version take?

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm pretty sure that, like the original Cyber Sleuth, there's only a Japanese voice option, but I haven't played it yet.

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
No dub, so it's Jpn voices only

According to TrueTrophies, HM is 4.4GB on Vita

Sapphire Luna

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Excellent. I don't know why they bother with dubs on other games in general.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, it's not like they left the game untranslated. A dub track would probably have had poorer quality anyway, if the anime's anything to go by. At least hearing the Japanese voices it's easier to notice the places where the translation was faulty.

PCN24454

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Dubs are good so that you don’t have keep reading text. Subtitles are meant to supplement voices, not take them over.

McGann

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't mind the games just being subtitled. Even if you have to read and don't understand Japanese, you still get the general emotion behind the performance. That said, I did appreciate the Next 0rder dub, with the exception of Rina's voice which was nth degree obnoxious. It was especially nice having some of the VOs from the show; hearing Mari Devon as Taomon again was cool. So I'd welcome a dub if they did one. There is significantly more dialogue in the Story games compared to World though, so I dunno if that would be a factor.

roarofmeow

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I appreciated the story compared to the first. My favorite digimon was in the game too... Although I accidentally played the whole game without using any accessories on my digimon.

RogueX4

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow that’s dope!
I can see Milleniumon showing up soo; hopefully along side a couple of X antibody Digimon like Sabertigermon since SBaluchimon is there!

Could Kumamon hint at Marsmon? I wonder...

Vaioumon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It'd be cool to see more digimon added, like how we got that final 7 in CS, though the post seems to suggest these were already there, rather than upcoming. Also, thanks for the head-up on the update, I'd been wondering what all exactly happened.

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
http://digidb.io/proof-shows-that-chimeramon-bearmon-and-skullbaluchimon-were-planned-for-hackers-memory/

People have hacked and found models for Bearmon, Kimeramon and SkullBaluchimon
There are no models for them, only textures.

It'd be cool to see more digimon added, like how we got that final 7 in CS, though the post seems to suggest these were already there, rather than upcoming
Yes, they are in the files of the base game. Normally I would be all for the cynical assumption that they were put there from the beginning so that they could later release them as DLC while claiming they were brand new as it often happens, however none of the other non-preorder DLC has followed this pattern, all files for the Ryudamon line and Apocalymon were only contained in the actual update, so it wouldn't really make sense for those other models to be handled differently... so there's probably a different reason.

Ryudamon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I can see the Death-Xmon line be easy models in the game. They already have 2 child Digimon in Dorumon and Ryudamon that can digivolve into Death-X Dorugamon and a strong boss in Death-Xmon, so that could be 4 Digimon there.

Sapphire Luna

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I started the game recently and I am 30 hours in, but only at chapter 6. Am I slow or is this game very long? How long is it exactly?

I love the story and characters, but I am put off by how pretty much all female characters wear extremely short skirts or very revealing clothing D:

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I started the game recently and I am 30 hours in, but only at chapter 6. Am I slow or is this game very long? How long is it exactly?

I love the story and characters, but I am put off by how pretty much all female characters wear extremely short skirts or very revealing clothing D:
Did you not play the first lol? they were all in there and the only new girl is Erika

hard mode would be around 100 hours, normal mode around 50

Sapphire Luna

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I ignored your advice and did not play the first one sorry D: I read the summary of the first game when I got too confused though. I guess the upside to the revealing clothing for girls is that we also got some hot boys. imo anyways lol

I accidentally read a big spoiler for something in the game and I was pretty upset.. I was just looking something up and one of those wikia websites for one of the characters I won't name popped up and the title of the link was literally "[character], also known as [secret identity] " :mad: I like surprises so I was pretty mad someone would name the page something obvious like that. I'm not looking anything up anymore until I finish the game