Hacker's Memory General Discussion

rsccooperinc

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hey guys! I'm gonna be getting a copy of Hacker's Memory this weekend. Are there any non-spoilery tips you can give a new player to help me get started when I get my hands on a copy?

Also, if I remember right, I can't 100% the Original Cyber Sleuth since I can't get the pre-order DLC digimon (which were black agumon and gabumon if I remember right..) is there another round of that BS in Hacker's Memory? :\ Early Purchase only DLC is the worst for people like me... It's not gonna keep me from getting the game, but I'd like to know early if I shouldn't worry about thinking about getting all the achievements and stuff.
My best advice is to get your Digimon up to Megas that you don't exactly want first so that you can get some good attacks and AP. I went into the game trying to get Mastemon ASAP but I decided to go for Dianamon and Kuzuhamon first and that really helped once I actually got Mastemon. My starter digivolved into a bunch of different Digimon and now has attacks from most of the elements as well as some good stat moves. I was also more satisfied with having my desired Megas later in the game because if I had them earlier, I would have got bored with them.

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Going into filler options is good advice. Such as going into Tyrannomon before Greymon, or Cherubimon before Dianamon.

As for that memory thing I was on about, the guide I was using was wrong - the bosses drop all the memories, there's no random one

PinkIceFox

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I always just let whatever evolution my digimon can reach first happen. I rarely pick an evolution I must have right from the start anyways!

Acselerator

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So I've just finished my play through, wasn't going for 100% completeness or anything but spent maybe 40 hours on it total. And after 40 hours I can say only one thing:

Damn that ending. I want Erika back. I don't really remember much of the Cyber Sleuth ending but I know it didn't hit this hard. It's rare enough to get a Digimon game, I'd have really preferred a happy ending for this rather than the super sad ending we got. Not to mention all the little dialogue options we got for Keisuke x Erika makes it hurt even more. Give it a day and I'll forget all about this. But damn, this one hurts.

Jmac28211

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Just a little PSA on Tactician USBs: I have managed to get at least two of them each time I’ve gone through the Abyss Server. Idk if it’s my luck or if you’re guaranteed one, but they seem plentiful.

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think Abyss Server drops give you more is way better than waiting for 1000 yen on islands. It have best drops. Stat foods and other types of USBs.

flintlock

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So I've just finished my play through, wasn't going for 100% completeness or anything but spent maybe 40 hours on it total. And after 40 hours I can say only one thing:

Damn that ending. I want Erika back. I don't really remember much of the Cyber Sleuth ending but I know it didn't hit this hard. It's rare enough to get a Digimon game, I'd have really preferred a happy ending for this rather than the super sad ending we got. Not to mention all the little dialogue options we got for Keisuke x Erika makes it hurt even more. Give it a day and I'll forget all about this. But damn, this one hurts.
I loved it so much. It hits even harder when you realize the whole thing was an homage and send off to Koji Wada. You know, because Butterflies and Erika's battle with a terminal illness. In Hudiemon's profile she's known for her signing too. They both live on in the Digital World too. :) I wish we got the Koji Wada songs in our game here.

PinkIceFox

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So uh... any tips on beating Venom Myotismon at the start of the Abyss Server? he just wiped my end game team and I couldn't do any real damage to him. :|

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So uh... any tips on beating Venom Myotismon at the start of the Abyss Server? he just wiped my end game team and I couldn't do any real damage to him. :|
I power levelled to 99 and then spammed piercing+blanc's protection move

I used Virus pierces (was too lazy to get new dudes) but if you want to win quicker, use Alphamon Ouryken, Slayerdramon and or WarGreymon for a quick beat down with triple piercing at level 99

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Aero-Vdramon's attack animation is now completely different but it's cooler attack!

PinkIceFox

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Thanks! I've been grinding for the past few hours now.. hopefully my new team will do better one I'm done!

Acselerator

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I loved it so much. It hits even harder when you realize the whole thing was an homage and send off to Koji Wada. You know, because Butterflies and Erika's battle with a terminal illness. In Hudiemon's profile she's known for her signing too. They both live on in the Digital World too. :) I wish we got the Koji Wada songs in our game here.
It took me a few days to realise the link between Koji and the ending to Hackers Memory. I can absolutely appreciate what and why they did it and I'd absolutely take this over something random. But it still hurts. Although I think part of that is how much i enjoyed Cyber Sleuth and Hackers Memory as games. I enjoyed Next Order but I just found the Cyber Sleuth games to more entertaining. I was sad at the ending of Cyber Sleuth because I had so much fun with the game, more fun than I've had in a while. So I was overjoyed to hear about Hackers Memory. I knew I'd be sad at the end of HM too since it seemed unlikely that we'd get a third game in the series that ties in but coupling that with the ending was just too much.

I wouldn't change it, the game was great as it is. But it hit hard in so many ways. There's so many sad endings in Digimon so I guess I just want some nice closure for a change

BlankShell

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Finished Hacker's Memory, absolutely great. Tried diving into the postgame stuff but got my ass handed to me by the first boss, so I'll give that a miss for now. I think it's time I moved on to something different anyway.

Question for New Game+... do you get the opportunity to import stuff from original Cyber Sleuth in NG+, or is that only for starting a fresh file? I have half a mind to go back and finish off my medal collection in CS, and I would like that to carry over, but if I ever do another HM playthrough it would be NG+.

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Finished Hacker's Memory, absolutely great. Tried diving into the postgame stuff but got my ass handed to me by the first boss, so I'll give that a miss for now. I think it's time I moved on to something different anyway.

Question for New Game+... do you get the opportunity to import stuff from original Cyber Sleuth in NG+, or is that only for starting a fresh file? I have half a mind to go back and finish off my medal collection in CS, and I would like that to carry over, but if I ever do another HM playthrough it would be NG+.
The only thing that gets transfered over are the medals and field guide and it can only be done when starting HM for the first time (well, a new save)

As for the VenomMyositsmon, just power level to 99 and kil him

rsccooperinc

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I remember in the original CS being confused by the fact that "Bakemon" was thrown in to random conversations, just to find out later that it was a mistranslation of monster. I'm currently in the Nakano Underground and one of the guards says something like "I hope a Bakemon doesn't show up" then turns around a screams "Ah! A monster!" Does anyone think this was on purpose? I think it's a funny way of the translators' poking fun at themselves if it is. Even if it is just a mistranslation I still laughed.

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I remember in the original CS being confused by the fact that "Bakemon" was thrown in to random conversations, just to find out later that it was a mistranslation of monster. I'm currently in the Nakano Underground and one of the guards says something like "I hope a Bakemon doesn't show up" then turns around a screams "Ah! A monster!" Does anyone think this was on purpose? I think it's a funny way of the translators' poking fun at themselves if it is. Even if it is just a mistranslation I still laughed.
It shows up once in HM as well, said by Arata.

It probably was a fuck up in the first game but I'd assume the return of it in HM was a meme/joke cuz there's no way they weren't made aware of their fuck up over the two years, lol.

Vaioumon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It shows up once in HM as well, said by Arata.

It probably was a fuck up in the first game but I'd assume the return of it in HM was a meme/joke cuz there's no way they weren't made aware of their fuck up over the two years, lol.
I mean...

Hackmon → BaoHuckmon → SaviorHuckmon

Pretty sure they didn't really care much more this time around either, lol.

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I mean...

Hackmon → BaoHuckmon → SaviorHuckmon

Pretty sure they didn't really care much more this time around either, lol.
Is that even comparable though? If those are the names that they get handed down by bandai it's pretty much out of the hands of individual translators.

Vaioumon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It seems like the same lack of attention to context to me. *shrug*