Hacker's Memory General Discussion

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth- Hacker's Memory is out

This is a general thread to post thoughts, questions, etc. that don't need their own thread and don't make sense for news threads.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

It's recommended to play the original Cyber Sleuth first, but it doesn't appear to be entirely necessary (although various elements may be less clear if you don't.)

The Japanese version on PS4 includes the original Cyber Sleuth, the international version will not.

If you want to get the game in the US:
A physical PS4 copy can be bought at Amazon (affiliate link.)
A digital PS4 copy can be bought from the Playstation Store.

If you want to import the Japanese release of Hacker's Memory it's out at this point (Affiliate Links) The Limited Editions are sold out, but we continue to list them in case additional stock shows up (cancelled orders, etc.)
PS4
PS4 Limited Edition
Vita
Vita Limited Edition

Updated- It's out in the US, so updated the post.

selimpride

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I liked how Hacker's Memory addressed the issue some fans had with Suedou's reboot, tragic while it was. It was a nice subversion that is typical of reset buttons in other medias where people get their happy endings, which happened in CS but of course not in HaMe. Totally caught me off guard.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
First of all: is this an spoiler-free topic? Or can I talk to my heart's content?
Spoiler tags can be used for anything real spoilery.

Exiled

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I liked how Hacker's Memory addressed the issue some fans had with Suedou's reboot, tragic while it was. It was a nice subversion that is typical of reset buttons in other medias where people get their happy endings, which happened in CS but of course not in HaMe. Totally caught me off guard.

This is what I liked the most of the game: while CySlu was an heroic, epic story, HaMe is a tragedy. The tale of the mortal beings caught in the middle of battle between heroes and gods...

selimpride

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

This is what I liked the most of the game: while CySlu was an heroic, epic story, HaMe is a tragedy. The tale of the mortal beings caught in the middle of battle between heroes and gods...
It was a Greek tragedy with characters trying to escape their fate. Supposedly the last boss song begins with Carmina Burana by Carl Off. A fitting song for what transpires throughout the whole course of the game and the ending.

Treble-Clef

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Looking forward to playing this next month, but quick question: can Hudiemon only evolve into what's on wikimon?

RuboZero

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The japanese PSVita version also includes the original Cyber Sleut.

Exiled

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Indeed. A version of CySlu that includes not only the new digimon in HaMe, but also revised stats and attack animations for all digimon. As well as the other goodies HaMe has to offer (as accessories for the main chara and the digimon). Pretty much, its basically a revised edition of CySlu. I hope they include those revisions for the localized game as well, as a patch update or something.

Shadow Shinji

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Can anyone translate this tweet of Habu Kazumasa? It seems to say interesting things about the plot of the game itself.
ハカメモのテーマの1つは、生命の定義、存在の定義です。記憶や感覚をデータ化でき、現実と電脳で日常を暮らす人々のにとってリアルとは何か?記憶がデータ化され人格がそこに紐付いた場合、そこに魂は存在するのか?自我の存在をデータ化出来た場合、肉体の死は死となりうるのか?です
By the way, one of the things that amaze me the most about Hacker's Memory is that the title doesn't even refer to the "protagonist".

Exiled

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
My japanese is pretty basic, but... it seems to wander if, in a society like that of Cyber Sleuth, where you can download your mental data into a virtual world, and interact with others in such an avatar, can you be sure of the existence of stuff like the soul or the ego. If you can convert the consciousness, memories and feelings of someone into data
(like Suedo did with Erika, for instance)
and that persons dies, can you consider that truly dead just because his/her physical body died?

Last edited:

Shadow Shinji

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Someone has already collected all the 700 DigiMedals:

Highlight: No control art for Hudiemon. This may indicate that it may be a last-time addition.

It doesn't feature really obscure Digimon at all, any representant of Xros Wars but for Mervamon, and no Appmon as expected. I couldn't help but notice that there's no medals for the Sistermon and their Awakened modes, Zubamon's line and any of the new Digimon from the Digital Monster Ver.20th. Also, no Super Ultimates from V-Tamer, not even Arkadimon SU. That's really weird.

Last edited:

Saiga

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I've been away from the fandom for a while, but since I'm looking at getting a PS4 this month I was wondering what the pre-order bonuses there are for this game? I'm not entirely sure if I'd get it before release so I wanted to know what I'd be missing out on.

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I've been away from the fandom for a while, but since I'm looking at getting a PS4 this month I was wondering what the pre-order bonuses there are for this game? I'm not entirely sure if I'd get it before release so I wanted to know what I'd be missing out on.
Some costumes, Sistermons (Rookie and Champion level) and Chibi versions of some of the Royal Knights

Saiga

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hmm... I might hold off, I wouldn't be too worried about missing that stuff. As long as it wasn't some of the regular Ultimates locked behind pre-order bonuses

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The game is out in the US!

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hey... it's going to be a while until I play this still, but if anyone wants to do me a favor, could you let me know what generic attacks Dagomon learns in the game? I'm sure there will be a full Digimon guide eventually, but I'm interested in what my favorite's attacks will be (hyped, I guess, sad as that is). I know its signature move is Forbidden Trident, and that its passive skill is Deep Sea Sleep (not very exciting, but I expected that). I just watched a video of the Dagomon boss battle, and was delighted to see that one of the attacks Dagomon used was Tekeli-li (an alien phrase of unknown significance in Lovecraft's "At the Mountains of Madness," originally used similarly in Poe's novel The Narrative of Arthur Gordon Pym). It seems to cause random status ailments like Panic and Sleep to the entire enemy party. Now I'm wondering what other Digimon have this Lovecraftian attack.

Ryudamon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Still waiting for the game to come out on PSN. My Vita is hungry and I want to feed it, but the game is not out as of Midnight, which is I thought the time of the release is.

Vaioumon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Curses, no Ouryumon yet. Oh well, I doubt I'll get through the game too fast to use it when it arrives.