Hacker's Memory Coming to Nintendo Switch?

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A bit of a surprise...

Spanish retailers Fnac and Game.es both had listings for Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth- Hacker’s Memory posted earlier.

At this point they've taken the listings down, although Game.es still has the stand-in coverart on their server.

Both also listed the date it was coming out as October 30th (almost certainly a stand-in also.)

No further details of the potential release (Is it just for the Switch, or other platforms also? Would this be akin to the Japanese version of Hacker's Memory that included the original Cyber Sleuth?, etc.) is available at the moment.

For the moment Bandai-Namco hasn't announced a Switch release of Hacker's Memory, but hopefully good news will be coming soon!

Thanks to a few different people for sending this in, Gematsu for some details, and Elotrolado for the news.

KiriGuy

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Don’t wanna get my hopes up too much but I’d love it if this also lead into a PC release, I assume if its real then it’d be for fans on Switch (and possibly PC/Xbox in the west) without PS4s to refamiliarise themselves with the Digimon games before Survive is released.

Nagatem

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I hope it’s the japanese version, that would be worth buying again for the new digimon to be used and transferred to the original

Jordan171998

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
My only concern would be if they release it near Pokemon Sword and Shield's release date.

IndustrialPanic

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah that would really be a kick in the gut if they did that. Hopefully(if this is true) they release HaMe at least like 1 moth before or after pokemon.

Ryudamon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Maybe they will add more Digimon into the game. I been hoping they add the last of the Dorumon lines to the game for the past year or so.

Deep Saver

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hmm, I’m hoping it contains the first CS with the HM Digimon added to it like Japan got. Of course this is all contingent on the port being legit!

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Just remember Best Buy "leaked" Persona 5 for Switch two months ago, and it turned out to be wrong.

and they better patch the PS4 version if they do add new mons.

flintlock

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Maybe they got confused with Survive?

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Maybe they got confused with Survive?
It's possible. I looked onto those websites, and they do indeed do not have Survive listed, whilst Amazon recently put up Survive for Switch. its possible they were supposed to be survive too, but since survive isnt on there right now, you'd think they'd take down HM and replace with switch instantly

Shadow Shinji

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
GAME España has confirmed that this rumour is true via Twitter. They say they have removed it temporarily because they are arranging some stuff at the moment, but it will pop up soon and both games will be launched on October, 30th indeed.

Source: https://mobile.twitter.com/VideojuegosGAME/status/1125413689962708992

Please Bandai give us more playable characters this time-- yes Apollomon I'm looking at you!~

Muur

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
GAME España has confirmed that this rumour is true via Twitter. They say they have removed it temporarily because they are arranging some stuff at the moment, but it will pop up soon and both games will be launched on October, 30th indeed.

Source: https://mobile.twitter.com/VideojuegosGAME/status/1125413689962708992

Please Bandai give us more playable characters this time-- yes Apollomon I'm looking at you!~
I mean, it might not still be the case because even if it is, they shouldn't be announcing stuff before Bandai

also when did the original DSCS become part of this

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
also when did the original DSCS become part of this
A screencap of one of the sites listed it as 'Cyber Sleuth + Hacker's Memory', but the screencap was also using what appeared to be a heavily customized browser font, so symbols could have been changed or rendering wrong. The same listing also didn't call it 'Digimon Story' and used the stylized one word 'Cybersleuth', which Bandai generally hasn't used. Even ignoring possible rendering errors, it gives the appearance that the store wrote the listing name rather than using something from Bandai.

The screencap of the other site that someone did before it was pulled with a standard font didn't show any such symbol or oddities in the name.

Personally, I think if you're gonna port it to other systems, and if the prices are accurate... yeah, it needs to be a 'complete' Cyber Sleuth package. But while the listings themselves are solid enough to suggest something is probably going on with Hacker's Memory, original Cyber Sleuth, while likely, is a bit more of a guess at this point.

BlankShell

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Huh, interesting if true! I'm not entirely sure I'd feel the need to triple-dip, but I'd certainly recommend the game to anybody that hasn't played it, or that only went through it once.

Maybe if it came with the OG Cyber Sleuth...

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
...I'll buy it then. It's on something I own so I would have reason to get it.

DragonicEmperor

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh man. Glad I held off on buying the PS4 version now.

Hopefully it won't be a long wait.

G-SANtos

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If this is accurate, could this be this month's big announcement?

Shadow Shinji

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I hope not. I mean don't get me wrong, I'm super excited with this more than likely CS + HaMe bundle in the Switch and I'm sure it will mean a lot for the recognition of Digimon in the future, but by big announcement I expect something like a new anime series, more news on Survive or an official announcement from the Story title in progress, unless this new release brings some extras to the table.

Last edited:

e105zeta

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I hope not. I mean don't get me wrong, I'm super excited with this more than likely CS + HaMe bundle in the Switch and I'm sure it will mean a lot for the recognition of Digimon in the future, but by big announcement I expect something like a new anime series, more news on Survive of an official announcement from the Story title in progress, unless this new release brings some extras to the table.
If it features some brand new Digimon created for the Switch ports I could see it being the big announcement.