Habu Teases New Digimon Game

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Another staff member commenting on stuff!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Digimon game producer Habu has made a few interesting tweets teasing a new game.

Based on his comments it isn't a Story game though, which begs the question... was the prior Story game he talking about cancelled, did it morph into this 'new' game, or is this a separate project entirely.

His comments...

In titles that I am involved with,
The sales ratio between overseas and domestic is roughly overseas 3: domestic 1.

Good non-Japanese sales for games he's involved with in general.

I may be able to announce a new development in the summer. My next work is not a series, I'll be challenging a slightly different concept.

It won't be a Story series or a World series. I consider it a new attempt at the subject.

It'll be interesting to see what this 'slightly different concept' and 'new attempt' is.

And of course, since many people enjoy the Digimon Story games, it'll be interesting to see what's going on with what was announced before (especially since Habu alluded to the Story game having been in the midst of development for quite awhile.)

Thanks to onkei for the translations.

Muur

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Another filler game before the big sexy Story PS4 game.

Or at least I hope so, your comments have me worried they've cancelled that one

It could be another "Adventure PSP" situation. Or like, Rumble Arena 4 (though his company work more on turn based RPGs than fighting games)

Deep Saver

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If this is a new game and not the PS4 one discussed before, it might actually be available on a console I own! *crosses fingers*

Muur

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If this is a new game and not the PS4 one discussed before, it might actually be available on a console I own! *crosses fingers*

The PS4 title was said to be a Story game and whilst this filler game will probably be on Vita (or not, since Vita games are being moved to digital only), I can see it also being a mainly PS4 aimed title

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It could be what Habu dreams of.

A cheaply made Digimon dating sim.

Vaioumon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'd throw my betting money under this still being the same game, but dropping the Story label because he doesn't think it fits. As long as it's a PS4-designed game, instead of another handheld, I'll be happy. And I'll probably still be happy anyways, since it'd get ported anyways, lol.

Muur

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't think a dating game would be localised tbh

Shadow Shinji

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh my god this man is my hero!! I've been wanting for something new to the most classical Story & World concepts, and here we go! Maybe something that mixes up both? Wonder if the Olympos XII will be involved somehow as it was teased before ^_^ I'm looking forward to know more about it!

Rohan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hmm...as long as it's a good game then I wouldn't care even if it is "filler" while we wait for the next Story game (which hopefully is still coming out).

kintang

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I just hope it's not a mobile/smartphone game.

DATS24

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
First, there's no way it's gonna be a mobile/smartphone game. We have ReArise for this year already, and still TBA.

Second, with said "slightly different concept" might tease that it's going to be an RPG. So I think the digimon dating sim one won't happen, except if it's one of included feature in next game. At least Habumon is a trustworthy person, and this won't be the case of Next 0rder that did sudden change for the producer into gundam-guy. Though I wonder who's gonna work on this one, I mean the developer. I bet that Media.Vision won't be in this one, but I really hope they also do outsource from other trustworthy developer, like... platinumgames (just a dream, but a man can dream).

Third, as long as it's Habumon, I'll cross my finger.
DeU-zzrVwAA_9bg.jpg:large

shaikgb

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
so we might get a new digimon reveal in the next few months yay
i wonder if we will see hudiemon in it?

Muur

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Habu did Championship? cuz that game is the worst of all time

and I would hope Hudiemon returns as I don't want anything removed other than the NX forms

AliceKaninchenbau

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Please for the love of god let it be a Partner Digimon Simulator

Just smash a v-pet/AI, Pokémon-Amie and an in-depth personality test together. I just want my very own partner Digimon Bandai, that's all I want

The Chaos Entity

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
First, there's no way it's gonna be a mobile/smartphone game. We have ReArise for this year already, and still TBA.

Second, with said "slightly different concept" might tease that it's going to be an RPG. So I think the digimon dating sim one won't happen, except if it's one of included feature in next game. At least Habumon is a trustworthy person, and this won't be the case of Next 0rder that did sudden change for the producer into gundam-guy. Though I wonder who's gonna work on this one, I mean the developer. I bet that Media.Vision won't be in this one, but I really hope they also do outsource from other trustworthy developer, like... platinumgames (just a dream, but a man can dream).

Third, as long as it's Habumon, I'll cross my finger.
DeU-zzrVwAA_9bg.jpg:large

Cyber Sleuth and Hacker's Memory are already RPGs...so that wouldn't be something new.
Maybe a Fighting Game? Last Japanese one was Championship...but then, if he's developing this with the west in mind, we had All-Star Rumble not too long ago...

Maybe it'll still be an RPG, but cap you at one partner and give you a party of other DigiDestined with their own partners, instead?

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Looks like a lot of actually new stuff is going on in the franchise, that makes me happy. I hope the situation is that of the game having potentially "morphed" as Marc put it in the OP. Might have started out as a big story game but as development went ton they could have come up with lots of new concepts and mechanics that would separate it too much from the rest until they just dropped the "Story" part. That would have been neat, and if it was the case maybe we'll get a confirmation in some interview at some point (I'll need to visit that Digimon game portal more in the future...)
Or the story title could still be in development at the same time I guess. I'd rather have future Story games be the filler games between bigger titles. It's the new "challenging" concepts that need more effort and ideally also more of a budget. Iterating the same "Story" gameplay potentially still on the same engine is the kind of stuff they can do in between.

I like that Habu image in one of the earlier post just because of how much they needed to stretch stuff in terms of relevancy lol.

AppliFang

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Im hoping a Digimon warriors game ^O^ lol

A different Rumble Arena would be nice...not like all stars xD