MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
boosterex04guilmon_november23_2022.jpg
boosterex04blackgrowmon_november23_2022.jpg

The Digimon Card Game Twitter has updated with card previews from Booster Set EX-04 Alternative Being. This time it's Guilmon & BlackGrowmon.

Guilmon features some fun and nicely styled art of him lookign at his reflection. BlackGrowmon features art of him being very very angry at something we don't see, with a really good pose.

Previous previews for Booster Set EX-04 Alternative Being:
V-Jump Previews
Omegamon Alter-S
Chocomon & Lopmon
Turuiemon & Antylamon
Promo Poster- Fake Agumon Hakase and Yamato & Taichi

Booster Set EX-04 Alternative Being is out December 23rd, 2022.

We have early detailed for Booster Set RB-01 Rising Wind.

We have early details for Booster Set EX-04 Alternative Being.

We have early details for Booster Set 12 Across Time.

We have early details for Starter Deck 14 Advanced Deck Beelzebumon.

We have clean card images from Booster Set 12 Across Time, plus Survive Promo Pack & Madanhai Cards.

And images from previous Digimon Card Game releases:
Starter Decks 1, 2, and 3, and first 10 promo cards
Booster Set 1 New Evolution
Booster Set 2 Ultimate Power
V-Tamer Promo Cards
Purple/Black Promo Set
Tamer Battle Pack 1 and Tamer Battle Winner's Card
Booster Set 3 Union Impact
Starter Decks 4, 5, & 6, plus Tamer Battle Pack 2 & winner's Card 2, & 1st 2 scene vote cards
Booster Set 4 Great Legend, Tamer Battle Pack 3, 3rd Scene Vote, Dark Digimon Promo Pack, & Apparel Cards
Booster Set 5 Battle of Omega, plus Tamer Battle Pack 4, 4th Scene Vote, & Vital Bracelet Pack-In Cards
Starter Decks 7 & 8, plus Delay Promos, Tamers Battle Pack 5, 1st Anniversary Promos, & Pulsemon
Booster Set 6 Double Diamond Cards, the 1st Anniversary Adventure Pack, and more
Booster Set EX-01 Classic Collection, plus Tamer Battle Pack 6 & 7, Tyranomon & dual Zeromaru Promo Cards
Booster Set 7 Next Adventure, Campaign Cards, & Tamers 20th Promo Cards
Starter Decks 9 & 10, plus Tamers Battle Pack 8, Ghost Game Promos, Online Promos, Tamers Evolution Box 1, & Amazon Starter Promos
Booster Set 8 New Hero, Starter Deck 11, plus Tamer Battle Pack 9 & Event Cards
Booster Set 9 X Record, plus Battle Pack 10, Special Promo Pack 2022, Update Pack, & Evolution Box 2
Starter Decks 12 & 13, Luxury Finished Tamers, plus Battle Pack 11
Booster Set 10 Xros Encounter, plus Battle Pack 12, Special Promo Pack 2022 v2, & Evolution Cup Cards
Booster Set EX-03 Dragon's Roar and Survive, DC-1, Memorial, Battle Pack 13, Illustration, & Espimon Promo Cards
Booster Set 11 Dimensional Phase, Battle Pack 14, & Special Promotion Pack 2022 Version 3.0

Attachments

• article.jpg
    article.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 6,969

Muur

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Third recent set to have Guilmon, with EX2, BT12, and now this. Yawn

Why do they continue to pretend BlackGuilmon doesn't exist

Not using orange Growlmon makes me think MedivelGallantmon will miss out

Mattman324

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
From the smaller image, it kind of looked like Blackgrowmon had a blade on its nose.

Which, looking at the image as a whole, is just the space between its head and that building in the background, but still.
Because it basically doesn't, it only exists as a recolor in a fighting game.

Lord Bearmon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Because it basically doesn't, it only exists as a recolor in a fighting game.
He's not your standard fighting game recolor. He was a separate character with his own mini profile and unique attack techniques.
Despite all that, I'm glad they don't acknowledge his existence since Renamon and Terriermon don't have a black Child-level equivalent, just to make them uniform.

Sparrow Hawk

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Look like koki artist is like it's part of Digimon card 2020 staff for every booster series. Eh I better get used to it.

Mattman324

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Renamon and Terriermon don't have a black Child-level equivalent
Well, Lopmon, sort of, but it doesn't have a literal Black Terriermon yeah.

Neither do a lot of other Digimon with black recolors at higher levels - V-mon and Wormmon don't have one while XV-mon, V-dramon, Imperialdramon, and Stingmon do, Gaomon doesn't but Gaogamon and Machgaogamon do... hell, by standard definition Renamon's normal evolutions don't even really have a black recolor, as while Youkomon and Doumon are slightly darker than Kyubimon and Taomon, it's not to any significant degree, and Kuzuhamon's positioned as something entirely different.

Lord Bearmon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Neither do a lot of other Digimon with black recolors at higher levels - V-mon and Wormmon don't have one while XV-mon, V-dramon, Imperialdramon, and Stingmon do, Gaomon doesn't but Gaogamon and Machgaogamon do... hell, by standard definition Renamon's normal evolutions don't even really have a black recolor, as while Youkomon and Doumon are slightly darker than Kyubimon and Taomon, it's not to any significant degree, and Kuzuhamon's positioned as something entirely different.
That's exactly my point, no other Child level Digimon has a "Black" subspecies other than Agumon/Gabumon which is fair because they're the OG Digimon. But Guilmon isn't, so he shouldn't get one and it should stay that way.
Kuzuhamon line is not "slightly darker", they're literally purple, the same color as ChaosDukemon. You can see in ChaosDukemon's card where the trio is together, so they're basically in the same category.

Mattman324

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
no other Child level Digimon has a "Black" subspecies other than Agumon/Gabumon
Shoutmon, Pawnchessmon, and Toyagumon as well, though they all have their own reasons. Elecmon also has a purple version if you're counting purple as black although it's significantly more of an OG Digimon than Gabumon is.

(One could also technically argue 2006 Falcomon is a Black Recolor as well I suppose. Wikimon does have a redirect on Falcomon (Black) that leads to it, so there is that)

Muur

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

That's exactly my point, no other Child level Digimon has a "Black" subspecies other than Agumon/Gabumon which is fair because they're the OG Digimon. But Guilmon isn't, so he shouldn't get one and it should stay that way.
Kuzuhamon line is not "slightly darker", they're literally purple, the same color as ChaosDukemon. You can see in ChaosDukemon's card where the trio is together, so they're basically in the same category.

I mean it's a weird post when black Guilmon literally exists. Only thing I can think of is it's due to RA2 being made by a western studio and its they *cant* use it again

D O R U g o r a m o n

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If we do get a black guilmon card, I feel like it will still go the black agumon route and just be called guilmon.

Bancho

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I feel weird about Black Guilmon. I see the black Guilmon evolutions as his true evolutions if he didn't have a good tamer raising him to go against his fate as a god of destruction and the red evolutions showing that you're succeeding as a tamer. I mostly see it this way because Gallantmon's whole point is that it's rebelling against its nature to bring good into the world and could slip into a Megidramon/Chaos Gallantmon if not careful.
I guess Black Guilmon could exist as it succumbing to its destructive fate at the rookie level but it does make normal Guilmon seem trivial as a result if that makes any sense?

Guilmon
Rookie | Virus | Reptile
[Digivolve: 0:From [Gigimon]]
[When Played] If there is a combined total of 20 or more cards in both players' trash, this Digimon gains <Rush> for the turn.

BlackGrowlmon
Champion | Virus | Dark Dragon
[Digivolve: 2 from Lv. 3 with [Guilmon] in its name]
[When Digivolving] Trash 2 cards from the top of both players' decks. Then, you may return 1 [Guilmon] or 1 card with [Growlmon] or [Dukemon] in its name from your trash to your hand.
-
Inherited Effect: [When Deleted] You may return 1 [Guilmon] or 1 card with [Growlmon] or [Dukemon] in its name from your trash to your hand.

Last edited:

Tarama

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They could retcon Black Guilmon as Guilmon X Antibody back then. The viral nature of Guilmon dominates and he becomes "mini" Black Growmon.

BeelzebumonBlastMode

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Renamon and Terriermon don't have a black Child-level equivalent

To be fair the black variants of xv-mon, v-dramon and stingmon are probably even more "lost" than black guilmon.

Bancho

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
To be fair the black variants of xv-mon, v-dramon and stingmon are probably even more "lost" than black guilmon.
all three are from one-off cards just named "XV-Mon", "V-Dramon" and "Stingmon" with nothing stating they are different species, just different attributes. Technically this should be like that time Gabumon was vaccine on St-453

Mattman324

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Bancho

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
all three are from one-off cards just named "XV-Mon", "V-Dramon" and "Stingmon" with nothing stating they are different species, just different attributes.
A lot of the different color versions didn't get different names in the old card game, even ones in the DRB. This isn't that odd, though, as that's also the case with the current card game.
if they're in the DRB or used in more than one place then they're not more equal to me in comparison than vaccine Gabumon

Last edited:

CloneWarrior

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
if they're in the DRB or used in more than one place then they're not more equal to me in comparison than vaccine Gabumon

Imperialdramon: Fighter Mode (Black) wasn't used elsewhere until this card game either.