Status
Not open for further replies.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
ill say whatever the fuck i want you stupid bitch, you bitched about this place before it was up, and kept being a bitch about it after it was up. people seem to forget the only reason this specific version of wtw exists is cause greg was an asshole and told jita to get out. if people have a problem with it they go talk to him, took him less then a week to put up a new messageboard once people started saying they didnt like him.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
not bitter, upset, people couldnt wait a few weeks to see how it would be, they just started bitching about it

Vande

V-Tamer Vande
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Just fucking say it that you're blaming me for the whole thing

I'd don't appreciated being flamed and the hard work that i did put in to trying to save WtW even though i didn't like the new layout.

I've worked on WtW longer than you god. This will NOT turn into a witch hunt against me, against the ones that decided the wanted to leave.

Gemmaknight22

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
From jpwong's website to MZ's to fet's to wtw and onwards, I think that the best moments I had were right here at wtw. I've been here since it was born to now it's end. I don't usually post. I usually roam around. I'm on the #wtw channel more often. But wow, through wtw, I've met Mek, Splash, Tchao, Angel-kun and these other crazy people part of this digimon fandom. It's too bad once these boards are down, I won't see most of these people here around. Some are found are IRC, but majority of the fandom is on the board.

I'm sure wtw means a lot to Jita. He knows he can probably auction of the ownership of wtw to someone, maybe here, for quite a bit of money. I'm not entirely glad that wtw is shutting down, but from what I recall, wtw use to had really strict rules and strong discussions. No rpgs, verse threads, spamming.....etc...this board was like purposely for strong discussions. Well ok, not all of it. But if you look at wtw now, it seems that now, that seems to have diminished. For example, ever since that Serious Discussion > VS subforum opened, the discussion there started ok, but then afterwards, people forgot that it was a serious discussion. At least, that's how I feel. Maybe people that were here 4 years ago with me as well would agree? The integrity (i don't think it's the right word, but whatever) of wtw seems to have diminished.

I think the digimon fandom ended when frontier ended. Savers never really got me back into digimon. It's kinda missing the digimon cliche and kiddyness. But, all in all, I'm glad that Jita kept the forums up for this long. It was worth it.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
if i blamed you for the whole thing vande id say it, i dont and anyone whose talked to jita about it knows its not you at all, im just airring my personal greivance from the last 2 weeks

jpwong

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
And here I thought people didn't remember my web site (not like I've been maintainning it at all lately).

I think part of WTW's huge success stemmed from when Megchan's board closed down.  A lot of people didn't have a discussion board and ended up here. And really, it was still going strong until the hacker attack closed the forum down for a period of approximatly 2 months. With the lack of viable alternatives and the fact no new season had been airring, a lot of people dropped out I think. Even after it came up, I think a lot of people just didn't bother to return (I know I didn't start frequenting again until Savers rumours started to begin cropping up).

Vande

V-Tamer Vande
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Jita

WtW can still work as it was before everything happened so even if we don't have subs etc. It can still work as a message board. Think back to before subs + scans. People still had fun, they could chat about the show, how the dub sucked/ruled.

For me i joined the other forum so i could still be with friends, i think i can safely say that we had faith in both sides and wanted both to do well. Is that really so wrong?

My aim wasn't to annoy you GOC or to piss anyone else off so sorry if i did but i do fight about WtW rather passionatly

Spite

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Whether WTW stays or goes, I'm leaving. It's nothing to do with this internet drama, I couldn't give a toss. If Jita wants to close the forum, then it's his choice to, and people shouldn't get so bent out of shape. At least he gave us a notice ahead of time, so give him some credit for that. There's other Digimon forums out there, this is not going to kill any of you.

But as for me, I've grown sick of Digimon over the past two months, so I'm going to drop watching Savers. I don't even know why I rejoined WTW, all I did was post complete shit, so this comes as a good chance for me to move on from the digimon community. I didn't get much out of it, except for Anubi's fanfic contest which got my ass writing something for the first time in ages, and making a decent friend out of this forum.

Oh well, thanks for putting up with me. Seeya. :D

shikurunotame

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Good for you!

You have no idea how frustrated I get when people find themselves amongst a pool of drama, but rather than do something against it, they complain about said drama to the people who can only cause more drama.

It's quite sad, really.

Glad to see somebody knows when to say no. Enjoy life. ;)

ShiNocturne

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So..what is the decision as of now? Is it going to be confirmed that the site is going to shut down? I hope not, I really do..all I can do now is hope and pray that everything sticks together (almost impossible..but yeah, miracles do happen, I believe) Theres a lot of fond memories, and people I've become rather attached to here. (Not that I can't contact them on MSN) but its kinda like a home to me. I come home from school, turn my PC on, and first thing I check is WtW. =\

PDUTogepi

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hummmm, all I really have to say is that I personally come here for the up to date news (*This place is a really great place for keeping up with Savers stuff*) and to take part in discussions occasionally (*As I tend to be a lurker more than a poster at all boards, I take part in discussions I feel I can take part in or have an opinion on*). It would be a shame if this place shuts down, it's a nice place, it's why I've come back time after time, though I really debated whether to sign up here after the recent drama, but did so anyway, because again, I like this place.
I really don't know fully what's been going on so I really can't form a real opinion on it, but I feel Jita should do what he feels is right, there ARE other communities people can go to, it just would be a shame to lose this place.

Other than that I shall end this post with one word.

"Momentai~~"

*Goes back to lurking*

Slayer

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What!!? Its closeing! I just saw this. Why would you clost it! of course there are gonna be idiots complaining and all that, but cmon! This is the first place where I have found more digimon fans, I dont really know many other places, and this is the lace I spend the most time on.

Chaotic Fear

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
CF here. I've just been lurking around the forum since the new one was created. If you don't know who I am, I created a few skins on the old board like Chaos, and I am slowly working on a new Digital Empire which I took over way back when Kain left.

I don't believe this is your only option, Jita. That With the Will will crash and burn, I don't believe it. There is always another way... none of this has to happen. Maybe you're just running away; afraid of seeing what you think will happen, but it won't. I believe in With the Will's future.

When I came here over a year ago, I came because it looked like where a bunch of Digimon site webmasters hung out, and they were smart and cool. They're still here, I won't leave and actually wouldn't if they did. With the Will has a great legacy that I want to uphold.

I believe the site can be be great again. Heck, it's still great right now. Nothing is really wrong with it. I always hope for With the Will to continure being here, and I'll never leave. I believe that With the Will has a future.

SakuyamonX

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
pft, I'm not even going to bother with himitsu.  Every time I go there it's like only 1 topic's been updated.
Oh because of couse if it isn't WtW it sucks ::). At least we don't have to deal with drama like this... I guess that's the perk of less posts =)

Frankly, I find it ironic some people thought they were saving WtW, yet they ended really shutting down indirectly. I liked the site before all of this crap started.

I think people were very patient, I think they just hated how the site was handled. For one thing, I still don't get why someone who hates illegal media would host a site that was popular for it. Nothing bad would of happened if there would of been more time spent on finding the right host, instead of worrying about how fast WtW was going to be up.

Oh well it was good while it lasted~

trynksssj2

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
ok, but if the forums close then what will happen?

jpwong

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
SakuyamonX said:
Oh because of couse if it isn't WtW it sucks  ::). At least we don't have to deal with drama like this... I guess that's the perk of less posts =)
When I visit a message board, I kinda expect that they're at least sort of up to date on the topic at hand when the whole message board is devoted to one show. I've been by a few times when the first non-sticky topic in the digimon discussion forum hasn't seen a post in almost a week. That to me, indicates an low activity forum, or at least one with a low active user count :-\

If I had any inclination to really stay inside the fandom, I probably would go over to net ocean since they have a set up board that at least functions and has similar areas as here, but I don't really care about it anymore, so I have no intention of moving over there, though I do encourage other users who actually will continue on to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.