Going to shut down the site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devkyu

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I never came to WtW for the subs (or even the scans... first time I noticed they even EXISTED was when the job for Editors opened up ^_^;;).

Really, this is one of my favorite stops on the internet and I enjoy hanging around here. PLEASE DON'T LET IT DIE! ;__;.

Leon Kennedy

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I came to this site for the same reason as most everyone else: to get Savers Subs.

Overtime, since I was so active, I made a bunch of friends which became the new reason I come here. As long as I had my friends here to talk with, I could care less about releases, which I did.

And when you look at it, the only people that whine about the time it takes to release are the "members" who joined just so they could post their two sense about "what's taking so long?"

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
i was alot more leniant regarding files then i wanted to be to try and keep some normalcy, if wtw were to be stay open it would be purely as a discussion and community group (it was one of the things discussed doing before it was just decided to just close it), and im not saying that will happen, the servers mine, but the url and the space on the server are for jita to use, i wouldnt keep the place open without jita cause i have no interest in running a place, if you guys HONESTLY want a wtw thats just about the discussions and community, hes the one you need to convince, and i dont think its why most people come to wtw anymore, i think they come to the files, and if it does stay as a discussion board, there wouldnt be linking to lists of megaupload files, or to torrents, linking to the dats forums would be fine, but not directly to their stuff, and id be going full on crazy deleting and possibly even banning people for trying to get around the rules. once again, not saying its gonna happen, and its not my job to convince jita, frankly i dont think theres enough people who want a discussion board anymore for it to warrant it, but if you guys are convinced their needs to be a wtw then fine, i leave it to you to convince jita before the place closes down, i used to come to wtw for the discussions and i largely left cause of the filesharing and the bullshit, id stay for the discussion still

Kruegera

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, as much as I am gonna hate WTW's death, and as little time as I have spent here... I guess life moves on. I can make new friends, join a new forum, and eventually I'll get over it. But I'll probably never find another good digimon forums out there as fun as WTW...

Thank you Jita, the forums were fun and I met plenty of new people. Looks like DATS is going to be seeing an increase in membership soon... Again, thank you Jita for creating WTW. I'd also like to thank everyone else for making it fun. :'(

Terriermon Fan

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

I-I-I don't know what to say. I would like to ask you not close this site down, but your minds set. I would like to save WtW, but you want it shut down.

Then theres no other thing to say except, thank you Jita. While I wasn't in WtW for as long as period some of you, I would like to say thanks for keeping this site alive for my the time I was here.

Thanks Jita, so long WtW, after all those struggles, you lived and fought back as much as you coul untill you can't fight things anymore. :'(

Rika24

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
i'll admit i came here for the savers subs. but i love all the talks we have here because people actually go in depth w/ their ideas, which is what kept me coming. i really wish wtw would stay open but if u decide to close, i'm sure we'll all find each other at another forum & keep up the interesting talks. thanks jita for keeping it up as long as u did. so long With the Will :'( hope to see u guys somewhere else. (hope i don't sound like a traitor but i just joined DATS.us, but i will remain inactive there until wtw's fate is set in stone)

D

dorumon_fanatic

I am saddened by your decision to shut down the forums. I came here on the day that digimon savers aired in Japan although I did not come here for the subs, I came here to satisfy my digimon needs. I never really got to share my ideas or thoughts about digimon with anyone until I found RyuX and WtW, it was like finding gold in my backyard. I actually don't need to watch the subs of Savers, I'll wait until it airs in America and I'll be happy when I watch it. I've never intentionally said anything against WtW and if I did it wasn't meant to be on purpose. Sure I may have asked when a sub was going to be done once or twice but that was not meant to hurry you up but rather to see when I could watch it, if it meant waiting another week then I'd wait another week. I don't need to watch savers although I want to, I'd survive without it, although I want WtW to survive so I can talk about digimon, which was what I originally came here to do. If you feel you must shut down the forums and that's the right thing to do, then do it, people will always be unhappy with decisions, you can never satisfy everyone although a decision should satisfy as many people as possible as long as it doesn't go against your ethics etc. I will survive if WtW is shut down because there are other digimon forums that I frequent but WtW was the only one that had active people on all the time. If WtW is shut down I will miss it although I will move on. Do what you feel is right, Jita.

Magna

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
*sigh*
I was busy for a couple of days and this drama starts!?
You, many of you, I like as a whole, as a community. If not for WtW, I would've never been so experienced with Photoshop. If not for WtW, I wouldn't be the person I am now. I would've been trying to self teach myself Japanese right now. You guys changed my life, forever.
All I have to say; Jita, yes this is your decision. Thank you for starting the idea of WtW, and feel free to end it.
I admit, I found out about you from Savers subs, but then I thought, why not to get to know this community. I'll never regret it. Good times never last. Life is random. You made some good points. Life is life people. I wouldn't have thought of anyone here complaining. Like I said life is life, deal with it.

Kruegera

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You know, every time I look at this, I can't help but remember a scene from Titinic. People screaming. A band playings it's last notes. The ship is slowly sinking...

Everything has all led up to this, the end... But will the ending be happy? Can we all live happily-ever-after when With the Will sinks to the bottomless black abyss of the internet? Many will get over it and find a new forum. Many will feel sad. Many will never be heard from again, as we all climb into the lifeboats, never knowing where the ocean's currents will take us. But as the day breaks anew, and the sun rises, we will find something new to treasure. Forever will the things we have done, and the people we have met, be locked in our hearts. A memory. Memories...

Never forget your cherished memories; it's all you have that can remain yours forever.

*NightFire*

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I didn't come here for subs. I came to With the Will to rekindle my interest in Digimon. And it's blazing hot.

I could care less about subs as long as I had a great time here. And I did, by meeting lots of interesting people and chatting like there was no tomorrow.

Jita, I'm kinda disappointed with your show of emotion. You know that there are people who actually enjoy coming here. You just have to have a positive outlook on life, y'know? Be happy every now and then.

But, if you must shut down With the Will, then do what you think is best. It was good while it lasted. ;)

Aether Wing

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
All I really have to say is that I'm sad to see that WtW is ending, but things happen and life goes on.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't really know what the problem is but I've liked the site since a couple of message boards ago.
This site has always had info about a show I like and stuff like the subs were just extra. And very nice but it's ok if the site needs to be shut down. It's a great site though.

Digitalgirl

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It saddens me that you're shutting down the site. :'(

I started coming here for the fansubs, started reading Next, but the reason I loved this site so much was the episode discussions. I was happy reading all the opinions and interests other people found in the Savers episodes, even though I've hardly posted, and haven't been registered for a long time. But this is your decision, and we probably can't influence you that much, so good luck with your life.

[Hope I don't sound rude, never did like typing much -_-]

trisc

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Jita: I do agree with those that would not like to see the forum ended, but like you said in the last forum before you shut it down and just now in this message: It is your site, your work and you should run it as you see fit.

But I agree with those that don't want it shut down, this is a nice site and some of the fan discussion really entertaining, eventhough I do hardly post.
In essence wtw is your baby and your decision man I hope you make the one that best suites your need, and thanks for giving the forum another chance.

ToiletGecko

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think we've all arrived at a very special place. Spiritually, ecumenically, grammatically. I want you to know that I was rooting for you. Know that.

Vande...it would never have worked between us darling. I'm sorry.

Wolf E. Urameshi

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
...Hmph. I knew it was too good to be true.

At first I used to come to WtW for the subs. But now this. Again. AGAIN! AAAAAGGGAAAAIINNN!!!

This is pathetic. Yes, it's your site, Jita. But why shut it down? Makes no sense at all.

This forum sucks. Forgive me, I knew some good people, like Vande and Leon Kennedy, to mention 2. But...

It just sucks. **** this I'm off to Himitsu. It was good while it lasted. I'M OUTTA HERE. Thanks for ruining it, Jita.

Wolf E. Urameshi

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Correction to my previous thread.

I used to come here at first for the subs. But then I liked the site. I liked the people. But along came A GECKO... and ruined it. That is all. Now I am REALLY outta here.

jpwong

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
pft, I'm not even going to bother with himitsu. Every time I go there it's like only 1 topic's been updated. I will no longer be doing any major posting on any digimon board. Once we're done closing up, if anyone needs me, I'll be on irc.

Digimon no longer holds a major interest value for me, and I don't need to rely on specific web sites to get my episodes anymore. I have no vested interest in continuing to move with the fandom at all.

Vande

V-Tamer Vande
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
godofchaos said:
dats had most of the mods and subbing and scanning peopel there before this happened, no reason for jita to keep having hte place when he doesnt wanna do it and they obviously dont care, its easy for them to say they do when theyve already left because they are to fucking impatient to wait a couple weeks, most of them were already there before the new wtw was up a week, jita and the tech guy were still learning the software. if people are gonna be impatient pricks why should jita and gears spend their rare free time to spend improving the site when the STAFF has already freaked out in the course of a week and decided 'well, who knows if itll ever happen, we better cover our bases and be part of both sites', so jita decided to just jettison the bullshit.
Excuse you when you talk about the scanning team like that, the Digimon stuff we were doing for WtW was staying at WtW so don't judge the scanning team so damn quick as you didn't know the facts. The scanlation team went to DATS as they wanted a few other projects besides V-Tamer + Next. Greg happens to be a good friend of mine that is why i joined DATS not because of the waiting shit.

I'm starting to get really hacked off as this is turning into a witch hunt to those who decided they wanted to do both sides. We all have a right to view places we want to. I could've left WtW as i've said before without the scans but didn't.

I've nothing left to say on this now without going super flame.

Jita, i'll be here until this place closes, thanks for WtW it's been a great time i've had fun, i was turned from a dubbie to (bless those people who saved me).

*wonder if we can get 1 last release fest in before we close*

Status
Not open for further replies.