Ghost Game Vital Bracelet Digivice V & New Dim Cards, Ad and Images

Santaskid

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm digging this. i'm not a huge fan of gammamon's toei art... the static pose and such gave me a vmon vibe in the head shape mostly. i mean i guess there only so many head shapes and such. But I do like the fact that its a triceratops.

I'm enjoying the other 2 digimon as well. At first glance my thought about Angoramon was they gave the girl the tank- awesome. But lookingat him more while he could still be tanky i'm getting brawler vibes from hsi dim card package art. So girl gets Big Bralwer bunny is great. cant wait to see what Jellymon eventually becomes.

HeavyLeomon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm digging this. i'm not a huge fan of gammamon's toei art... the static pose and such gave me a vmon vibe in the head shape mostly. i mean i guess there only so many head shapes and such. But I do like the fact that its a triceratops.

I'm enjoying the other 2 digimon as well. At first glance my thought about Angoramon was they gave the girl the tank- awesome. But lookingat him more while he could still be tanky i'm getting brawler vibes from hsi dim card package art. So girl gets Big Bralwer bunny is great. cant wait to see what Jellymon eventually becomes.
Loli with more tentacles sure.. im not sure if she was made with THAT in mind 🤔

Quinnzel

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I am entirely too jazzed about all these Dim card announcements lately. Really been enjoying my VB experience particularly since the app dropped in the west.

If it is indeed the digivice they use in Ghost Games (none of them are wearing it in the teaser art), then I'm especially excited about the potential concept of having multiple branching evolutions in the actual show. You could do all sorts of nifty character arc stuff with that idea. Gah. Can't help my brain being in full speculation mode now.

robiu013

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't think people talk enough about how we have Digimon for the first four letters of the Greek alphabet now:

Alphamon
Betamon
Gammamon
Deltamon

Your move Epsilonmon.

Shiningmon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't think people talk enough about how we have Digimon for the first four letters of the Greek alphabet now:

Alphamon
Betamon
Gammamon
Deltamon

Your move Epsilonmon.
You forgive Omegamon (Omnimon)

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It is thematically unfortunate that Alphamon and Betamon have literally nothing at all to do with each other.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, it's what might be expected, given that Betamon's name is derived from Japanese.

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, it's what might be expected, given that Betamon's name is derived from Japanese.
Yes, I know. I also wouldn’t be surprised to learn that it was intended as a pun in both senses though, given that it’s the consolation prize given to people who can’t raise a Koromom correctly, though.

Bartz

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I like Gammamon cause i'm fan of dinosaurs, tbh I love both Pulsemon and Gammamon equally now.
I agree with you though that it is kind of lame that there are “waves” of Digimon that seem designed to be narrative protagonist partners but then miss heir chance because the timing is slightly off. Not just Pulsemon, but the Bearmon/Koemon/Kotemon trio and the Leollmon/Commandramon/Falcomon/Kudamon quartet from the Accel as well. Of which only a few bits made it into Savers.
Nice to see someone feels the same-way too, my top faves are Pulsemon, Dracomon, Dorumon, and Zubamon for there awsome designs and Gammamon still growing on me.
Pulsemon and Dorumon at least are getting good billing in other places, but yeah, Dracomon and Zubamon got the short end of the stick relative to others. It's even funnier considering like Hackmon they're both anniversary Digimon, but neither have nearly as much appearances.

GoggleBoy97

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I assume this is the mild confirmation we needed to guess how evolution will work in this new installment. Also I am glad Ghost Game will follow the most traditional Digimon pattern instead of being its own spin-off a la Appmon because:
1. Appmon are essentially forgotten for the main canon of Digimon at this point, which is shameful. Hopefully this will change in the future.
2. The currrent TCG of Digimon will potentially keep going, in my opinion, one of the best products that has come out from Digimon lately.

humon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wikimon only says it "might" be derived from "betabeta", meaning "sticky", which I always thought was a fairly flimsy explanation. What about Betamon is sticky?
Given he has a big fin, I always pronounced it "betta-mon", like the fish.
Siamese fighting fish (aka bettas) seem like a good fit for a combat-focused franchise like Digimon, too.

e5238689885ae7dce792dfef12f86dc2.jpg

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
He’s not a fish, he’s an amphibian. They have a reputation for being sticky.

humon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hey Humon, why did you stop posting here? Oh that's right, I remember now

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wikimon only says it "might" be derived from "betabeta", meaning "sticky", which I always thought was a fairly flimsy explanation. What about Betamon is sticky?
His entire body, apparently:

Recall that Betamon’s profile was one of the first written and unlike Agumon there’s been no reason to update it in two decades. It basically just only describes his attacks. We know more about Betamon from Betamon X’s profile (it’s gentle and has almost no Wild population because Tamers love to raise them) than the original’s.

Notus

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I guess now that we have a new bracelet color we have a slot for a new kid in the live-action shorts.

On the series evolution methods discussion, I was thinking that jogress might be a factor, as it's one of the functions of the vital Bracelet. The kids may get a second partner down the line or they can get multiple Digmon (through dim cards?) and use them as jogress partners. It would also be a neat way to do branching evolution paths while keeping a marketable main line.

Tarama

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It is thematically unfortunate that Alphamon and Betamon have literally nothing at all to do with each other.
Except, they are dragon digimon or dragon digimon's evolution.

Wait...

I see the pattern.

Alphamon, born from dragon.
Betamon, dragon Child.
Deltamon, a dragon (dragon and dino in Digimon is in one family, right)
Gammamon, another dino (that I believe will have dragon form in its Ultimate)
Omegamon, half dragon.

It's all about dragon, guys. Haha

Notus

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Shhhhhh @Tarama , you'll start the Royal Knights rage all over again. 😛

Tarama

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Shhhhhh @Tarama , you'll start the Royal Knights rage all over again. 😛
I-I mean...

If Jesmon would be the new RK leader, Gammamon's Ultimate could be one of the new gang haha

Can't wait for Sigmamon

Rohan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I will be very curious to what's the ratio of new to old Digimon on this series of DiM cards. :unsure: