Ghost Game Updates- Espimon Arrives Next Week Played by Yumiko Kobayashi, Art Preview, & First Riders Perfect Evolution Trailer

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
espimon1_august6_2022.jpg
espimon2_august6_2022.jpg

After first being teased a few months ago, with appearances in Digimon Dreamers and the card game, fans have been waiting for Espimon to make his appearance in Digimon Ghost Game.

He finally arrives next week, and we have some details... (2)

Espimon will be played by Yumiko Kobayashi, who fans would know as Koushiro in Digimon Adventure:. This makes her the second Koushiro actor in the Ghost Game cast (Mutsumi Tamura, Koushiro in tri., is Hiro.)

Kobayashi commented that when asked to play the role of Espimon, it was described to her as "He looks cute on the outside, but he's a lovable uncle on the inside. She considered herself captivated by Espimon just based on that description. She thinks Espimon has a great range of emotions and fun facial expressions. She looks forward to seeing how he interacts with Hiro and Gammamon.

A bit more on Espimon, starting with some art...

espimon3_august6_2022.jpg
espimon4_august6_2022.jpg

He's described as... A cyborg-type Digimon who calls himself the 'Wandering Digimon'. While he's good at gathering information and going from place to place, he often gets involved in unfortunate incidents.

On top of that...

Mutsumi Tamura does an introduction for a new PV/trailer.

This trailer was shown early to those at DigiFes.

It features First Riders, the insert song from Ghost Game, and footage of the Perfect evolved forms of the main Digimon characters, who have all arrived. It also teases them all fighting side by side.

Nice to get a bit of news before what is hopefully a good episode next week.

Attachments

• espimon3_august6_2022.jpg
    espimon3_august6_2022.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 19,639

Eitaroutarouman

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This basically confirms Espimon is a solo 'mon. For now, at least. Do wonder how HoverEspimon will fit into all this.

Muur

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The Toei art makes him a lot cuter than the Bandai art. What's a little weird is how different the ears look

Geode

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Awesome Espimon art, but what about Ryudamon?

Tarama

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This basically confirms Espimon is a solo 'mon. For now, at least. Do wonder how HoverEspimon will fit into all this.
Well, a solo digimon can sometimes evolve by their own, so HoverEspimon might be his only evolution form in Ghost Game (no Perfect and Ultimate) if that's the case.

TheImpster

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wouldn't say it confirms... Anything, really. It may start off as a solo mon but seeing how hard he's being pushed, he's most likely gonna have a partner at some point.

Kiiro

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder if TeslaJellymon partnering with Ruli was foreshadowing for Espimon being compatible with one or more of the main trio or something. I doubt it, but it would be nice. I really feel curious as to what exactly will Espimon bring to the table!

Amandil7

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Espimon's expressions are adorable and hilarious. I'm sure he'll bring a new comedic energy to the show.

Tarama

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Espimon has already brought a comedic energy to Digimon Dreamers. I'm sure he will bring that energy too to Digimon Ghost Game.

Noni

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I find it's design cute. I'm hoping they will be the amusing kind of comic relief, instead of the more grating one that a lot of latecomer characters happen to end up in stuff.

Bancho

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Espimon's charm translates soooo much better in the anime art style

Well, a solo digimon can sometimes evolve by their own, so HoverEspimon might be his only evolution form in Ghost Game (no Perfect and Ultimate) if that's the case.
I'm not sure, it's implied that the Ghost Game main characters can only de-evolve due to their evolutions coming from the Digivice Vs (when Gammamon first became Betel, I think it was Angoramon who was saying how it was odd that Gammamon went back to being a rookie), so if Espimon evolved to Hover naturally, he may not be able to de-evolve into its more expressive and comedic form.
Or the writers can just say screw it lol

Noni

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They could end up saving HoverEspimon to the very end of the series or to at least the end of Espimon's appearances. But the fact it debuted in the Digivice V makes me feel both it and Ryudamon will be partner digimon.

robiu013

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Look at the little dexlansoprazole pill there coming to help Gammamon and the others with heartburn and esophagitis.

Sparrow Hawk

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
How interesting. I'm shocked to see how Espimon slowly getting appreciated here. Heh such mysterious charms of Digimon logic.