I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Jellymon's bebe forms are cute

Mattman324

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
He took three very clean designs and added a bunch of unecessary shading and grime to them.
So, the same thing that'd happen if you compare the Toei artwork of Agumon to the DRB art of it.

GoggleBoy97

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I like all these forms a lot, expect for Angoramon and their previous forms. They are not just it for me yet. I hope it grows on me later on like eg. Ballistamon or most of the Appmon eventually did. It's really funny how Gammon's babies fit so well with vanilla Hackmon. Furthermore Jellymon was made up with Ranamon in mind and no one can convince me otherwise.

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
He took three very clean designs and added a bunch of unecessary shading and grime to them.
So, the same thing that'd happen if you compare the Toei artwork of Agumon to the DRB art of it.
Nah, Agumon lets you see muscles and skin texture which gives it real volume. These guys are just covered in cross hatches. The pupils on Gammamon’s eyes also seem to be disproportionately smaller compared to the Toei artwork.

AquaKai

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
so those guys end up not having a "designed for" first baby stage which hurts them a bit.
Only if you think with a "single evo line" mentality. One of the most powerful and distinguishing point of Digimon is the multiplicity of possible evolutions, the absence of pre-determined paths. Alas, in time both fans and creators preferred the pleasure of estethical coherence over creative potential.

except maybe a mutant/filth baby or fairies.
Zurumon (for filth) and Pafumon or even Pupumon or Puttimon (for fairies) could all fit the bill, depending of which Baby II you use.
I wish they’d let other Baby 1s appear from time to time.
I agree, but probably they themselves fear they wouldn't work because of that specificity.

Tetsuya Suoh

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
so those guys end up not having a "designed for" first baby stage which hurts them a bit.
Only if you think with a "single evo line" mentality. One of the most powerful and distinguishing point of Digimon is the multiplicity of possible evolutions, the absence of pre-determined paths. Alas, in time both fans and creators preferred the pleasure of estethical coherence over creative potential.

except maybe a mutant/filth baby or fairies.
Zurumon (for filth) and Pafumon or even Pupumon or Puttimon (for fairies) could all fit the bill, depending of which Baby II you use.
I wish they’d let other Baby 1s appear from time to time.
I agree, but probably they themselves fear they wouldn't work because of that specificity.
I think the DiM cards did it right, the new babies can work for several Digimon. They actually look like they could evolve into one of several forms. Even the babies for Pulsemon look like they'd work for Herrismon.

Edit: Oops, quoted the wrong person at first.

Last edited:

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Nah, Agumon lets you see muscles and skin texture which gives it real volume. These guys are just covered in cross hatches. The pupils on Gammamon’s eyes also seem to be disproportionately smaller compared to the Toei artwork.
I think the DiM cards did it right, all the new babies can work for several Digimon. They actually look like they could evolve into one of several forms.
Yeah, Hiyarimon, Sunamon, and Goromon are big exceptions.