Ghost Game Music- OP is Faction by Wienners, ED is Pedal by Aiiro Apollo- Release Info & Band Comments

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
wienners_september30_2021.jpg
aiiroapollo_september30_2021.jpg

With just a few days to go we have details for the opening and closing themes for the show.

First up, the opening.

Wienners (top left) will be performing the opening song Faction.

Wienners profile details:
Galactic Punk Band
Members:
Tamaya 2060% (Vo/Gt)
Asami Sae (Vo/Key/Sampler)
∴560∵(Ba/Cho)
KOZO(Dr)

Formed in 2008 at Kichijoji Benten Street.

Unpredictable development, strange and catchy melodies, friendly male & female twin vocals, their unique music intertwines and electrifies joy, anger, sorrow, and pleasure for those who listen, from child to adult.

Comment from Tamaya 2060% (vocals and guitar):
It's not a fairy tale or dream story from a distant land, but about a number of wonders hidden in our daily lives.
While wandering around the world of Digimon Ghost Game, I made this song with the theme of Faction (Fact and Fiction), the space between reality and fantasy.
Fear and the unknown sometimes arouse curiosity, which can turn into excitement. I hope that such thrills and excitement are condensed into the song Faction.
When you and your friends discover the truth behind the fear and unknown that may be lurking in the world we live in, surely you will grow a little more than before.
Just as the four of us in Wienners have grown stronger by working together to make this Faction.
With this hope in mind, I hope this mysterious music will accompany you along with Digimon Ghost Game

A single for Faction will be released on October 20th.

Various members of Wienners also made comments on their personal Twitters: (Only posting ones here that are a bit more than the general messages you tend to see.)
_560: I'm going to cry. (2): I love anime, so I wanted Wienners to make music for it, and we talked about it and put our effort into it. The result is a cool song that I'm confident will be played by not only people who like Wienners, but people who like Digimon and anime.
_560 posted a number of other messages on their Twitter. They seem quite excited.

Update- It's been a few hours and _560 continues to tweet about Digimon. A recent one, which director Kakudou noticed reads: The scene where Butter-Fly comes on in the last episode of the first Digimon Adventure anime... it's seriously the best.

Then we have the ending.

Aiiro Apollo (top right) will be performing the ending song Pedal.

Airro Apollo profile details:
Formed in 2020, we are a 4 piece alternate rock band from Shimokitazawa.
Inheriting alternative rock of the 2000s, we play high-quality guitar rock with solid music, sung with both melancholy and passion, and live performances which send high levels of energy.

Comments from Nagai Ren (vocals and guitar):
I know a lot of things now that I didn't know when I was a kid. However, some things we don't need to know, and they can be obstacles in our way.
I wrote this song so that the children in this Digimon Ghost Game can find "what is really important".
In this world where anyone can stop at any moment, I hope that this song will affirm everyone to go forward at their own speed.

A digital single for Pedal will be released on November 3rd.

Various members of Aiiro Apollo also made comments on their personal Twitters: (Only posting ones here that are a bit more than the general messages you tend to see.)
nagai_aiiro: The character designer is Tenya Yabuno, who I knew from my youth, Inazuma Eleven! I'm gonna cry!
aiiroapollo_Dr: Finally we can say! Aiiro Apollo's first tie-in, and it's with Digimon!! I watched the anime when I was in kindergarten, and collected the figures. To be involved with an anime that I loved so much is something I'm excited about! I'm looking forward to the first broadcast and I can't wait!

New groups to Digimon, hopefully the songs continue the tradition of interesting (and good) music in Digimon.

Attachments

• articlemusic.jpg
    articlemusic.jpg
    234.9 KB · Views: 8,894
Last edited:

GoldenEXP

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Listening to some music by Wienners to get an idea of what we're getting, and woaaaah I love what Im hearing!!
Listened to "God Save the Music" and "Animals" and its awesome! If they bring this energy to the OP Ill be extremely happy~

Havocmon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I hope it sounds nice and they atleast update it unlike some others.

I hope we have some Evolution songs too.If Digimon Adventure 2020 did something right was having bangers.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Update- It's been a few hours and _560 continues to tweet about Digimon. A recent one, which director Kakudou noticed reads: The scene where Butter-Fly comes on in the last episode of the first Digimon Adventure anime... it's seriously the best.

Last edited:

TheImpster

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's good to know that one of the lead singers for Wienners enjoys Digimon so much. I also like that Toei got such a unique band, rather than just another pop singer and are giving them an opportunity to expand their audience, similar to what they did with Koji Wada and AiM

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The name is funny in English but let's see how it sounds. Could be good. I didn't mind the last ED and that was from a K-Music band right?

Last edited:

TheImpster

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The name is funny in English but let's see how it sounds. Could be good. I didn't mind the last OP and that was from a K-Music band right?
You mean the ending?

lucemonbr

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Is good new fresh artists. We all miss Koji wada and without him Digimon isn't same. But is nice to see other artists envolved with Digimon 😅

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
No word on who's doing the insert song. I'd wager that Takayoshi Tanimoto is coming back for another round if they haven't mentioned someone new.

Eitaroutarouman

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'd like someone new, please. Having one guy do all the inserts gets old after a while.

Mattman324

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Is good new fresh artists. We all miss Koji wada and without him Digimon isn't same. But is nice to see other artists envolved with Digimon 😅
Even when Wada was around it wasn't exactly uncommon to see a guest artist or two puttering around, see also Psychic Lover being brought in to do Tagiru Chikara.

lucemonbr

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Even when Wada was around it wasn't exactly uncommon to see a guest artist or two puttering around, see also Psychic Lover being brought in to do Tagiru Chikara.
Yes, but Psychic lover it was a wada indication. He invited them to sing that song because wada had had very sick.😢