Ghost Game Key Art, Text Teaser, Show Designs, Cast, Character Info, plus Trailer Later This Week

HeavyLeomon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Its literally gakkou no kaidan but with digimons. I Hope its half of the good gakkou no kaidan is.

Dont like how the girl looks in the new image, so childish.
I hope this series introduce a good number of new digimon included full evo lines for the main group.

lucemonbr

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
About all Digimon here..

IMG-20210910-WA0014.jpg

Boltmon
Gesomon
Pumpmon
Golemon
Ebidramon
Vademon
Metaltyrannomon
Red veggiemon

Diablomon
Datamon
Veggiemon
Orgemon
Hanumon

Clockmon
Dark tyrannomon
Mummymon
Kokuwamon
Parrotmon
Devimon
Evilmon
Mojyamon

Algomon adult
Okuwamon
Zudomon
Sukamon
Mechanorimon
Guardromon
Devidramon
Keramon
Marindevimon

MagicBox

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Didn't Akira Ishida reprise his Wizarmon role in X-Evolution?
Yes, though I count X-Evolution more as a movie than part of the actual anime (considering it's like 80 minutes and is a standalone thing in the franchise.)
Akira Ishida also reprised his role as Wizarmon for the Digimon Adventure PSP game and the 2015 CD Drama that came with the Japanese blu-ray box of the show, so he's still popped up here and there even if it hasn't been in animated form.

Ghost Game is looking great. Such a perfect spooky series to debut in October. And hey, Gammamon is voiced by Kitaro! If you need characters designed for your new Digi-show and Nakatsuru and Watanabe aren't available, Tenya Yabuno is absolutely the one to get. Very excited!

IndustrialPanic

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Dont like how the girl looks in the new image, so childish.
Well, she is 13 and this is an anime targeted at children (like all the other seasons), so not much you can do about that.

Then again, Masaru is apparently only 14 years old despite looking 20 so go figure

Momentai

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I have conflicting feelings about this.
On one hand I'm full of curiosity about this new ghost theme and the poster is nice. I like that part of the story will take place in the real world, kinda like it happened in Digimon Tamers and Savers.

On the other hand, I don't like the design of the villain in the background, as far as I can see.
And my fears about the personalities of the characters have apparently become true.
_As someone has already pointed out, Hiro's description really reminds me of Taiki, which I don't like at all (I think he is the flattest character of all the Digimon series... or at least before the new Adventure: reboot). But the expressions they chose to show, tell me another story, and this is are somehow reassuring.
_Kiyoshiro is exactly how I thought he would be, judging from my first impression of the old poster. And... I don't know, he could be quite a predictable one (if not annoying).
_Ruri is the real surprise. I thought she was more of a shy, introvert girl, and I liked that prospective. But nope. However, I don't immediately dislike her true profile.

So, there's a lot of hype, but also a lot of "I hope it's not like that", but it is still early to judge. Let's wait and see

Last edited:

GoldenEXP

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
"Mouth Stitched man who steals time" is definetly Clockmon

Grimmon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Is the bad guy in the poster a lopmon evolution?
I'd be thrilled if Wendigomon got a line apart from the Cherubimon line.

Geode

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Gammamon likes chocolate that’s new and wasn’t Veemon also mischievous, still excited for this. And Hiro still gives me a Sei vibes.
If I recall correctly, V-mon was rather mild in its mischief. Considering Gammamon's a Virus, I wonder if "mischievious" means he could be a full-blown prankster akin to Impmon or Dracmon.
I just remembered Gumdramon has a very mischievous personality too and a show off, so I think gammamon will be a bit of both Gummdramon and Impmon or Dracmon.

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Supposedly it’s a new Child stage called Villainmon that’s getting his own dim.

Grimmon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ah, I was seeing the name popping up but no idea we had actual info on its stage. Thank you! I like its look!

GoldenEXP

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Background baddie (Villainmon?) looks like an Impmon-esque enemy to me

Geode

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
About all Digimon here..

IMG-20210910-WA0014.jpg

Boltmon
Gesomon
Pumpmon
Golemon
Ebidramon
Vademon
Metaltyrannomon
Red veggiemon

Diablomon
Datamon
Veggiemon
Orgemon
Hanumon

Clockmon
Dark tyrannomon
Mummymon
Kokuwamon
Parrotmon
Devimon
Evilmon
Mojyamon

Algomon adult
Okuwamon
Zudomon
Sukamon
Mechanorimon
Guardromon
Devidramon
Keramon
Marindevimon
I saw behind Ebidramon's claw looks like Tropiamon's hand.

I hope we see more Digimon from the Pendulum Z appear in Ghost Game like Ghostmon, MarineChaimeramon, & Manticoremon.

DPTronazel

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
About all Digimon here..

IMG-20210910-WA0014.jpg

Boltmon
Gesomon
Pumpmon
Golemon
Ebidramon
Vademon
Metaltyrannomon
Red veggiemon

Diablomon
Datamon
Veggiemon
Orgemon
Hanumon

Clockmon
Dark tyrannomon
Mummymon
Kokuwamon
Parrotmon
Devimon
Evilmon
Mojyamon

Algomon adult
Okuwamon
Zudomon
Sukamon
Mechanorimon
Guardromon
Devidramon
Keramon
Marindevimon
The circular bolts on the back of the hand besides Argomon Champion is Andromon's right hand.
Also, I found it interesting how Parrotmon's Holy Rings are depicted silver in the anime when it's actually golden.

HeavyLeomon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ah, I was seeing the name popping up but no idea we had actual info on its stage. Thank you! I like its look!
Actually we dont know its stage or if its the guy from the poster.
Villainmon was leaked months ago together with gammamon, angoramon and jellymon dim cards for the upcomming digivice V. So he is technically part of the ghost game main characters. Seeing how the other three were child lvl he is probably child too.
As many said he is probably the impmon of this season, i would like to add that before impmon was demidevimon in adventure, people tends to forget our first child lvl recurrent villain.

JungleTrooper

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
About all Digimon here..

IMG-20210910-WA0014.jpg

Boltmon
Gesomon
Pumpmon
Golemon
Ebidramon
Vademon
Metaltyrannomon
Red veggiemon

Diablomon
Datamon
Veggiemon
Orgemon
Hanumon

Clockmon
Dark tyrannomon
Mummymon
Kokuwamon
Parrotmon
Devimon
Evilmon
Mojyamon

Algomon adult
Okuwamon
Zudomon
Sukamon
Mechanorimon
Guardromon
Devidramon
Keramon
Marindevimon
You're the real MVP here! Thanks, looks awesome!

Geode

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The Gammamon likes to bite everything reminds me of Chomp from Dinosaur king, and if Villainmon is a child i imagine him digivolve to Negamon.

Rohan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow, I'm late to the party on this one. XD

Not much to say that hasn't already. I like the look of things a lot better, the cast look more expressive and the Digimon Partners look good in non-static poses. The plot sounds distinct from yet another Isekai in the vein of Adventure: so that sounds fun.

Definitely more excited than I was previously. Hopefully CR can get streaming rights for this show like they did for Adventure:

Bogleech

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Even if they chose classic Digimon, the fact that 70%~80% of them are based on classic monsters (demons, Frankenstein's monster, mummies, onis, golems) or cryptids (yeti, alien, kraken) is a big coincidence.

Kraken is a mythical monster from medieval legend and/or the real life giant squid. It's not a cryptid.

Also, aliens? This cryptid theory looks pretty bunk when the people pushing it have to redefine the term to be really vague.
krakens and aliens are both considered part of cryptid culture and are heavily marketed as such in Japan especially. They have their own term encompassing all "rumored" living entities, "UMA." This however also crosses over with urban legends, ghosts, and creepypasta. Basically the theme here is digimon as "paranormal" forces.

Last edited:

Chimera-gui

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
krakens and aliens are both considered part of cryptid culture and are heavily marketed as such in Japan especially. They have their own term encompassing all "rumored" living entities, "UMA." This however also crosses over with urban legends, ghosts, and creepypasta. Basically the theme here is digimon as "paranormal" forces.
I had suspected that Ghost Game was themed around Digimon as Unidentified Mysterious Animals, urban legends and other paranormal phenomena for some time due to its main trio each having a cryptid that it can reasonably be linked with:
  • Gammamon - Ngamba-namae
  • Angoramon - Various giant ape cryptids though I specifically saw it as reminiscent of the Were-Rabbit from the Wallace & Gromit movie
  • Jellymon - Atmospheric Jellyfish

Last edited:

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Added translations of the cast comments