Ghost Game Key Art, Text Teaser, Show Designs, Cast, Character Info, plus Trailer Later This Week

RyummaSama

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Love this info! The characters are a lot more expressive and animated than the original poster had shown. Although, the art style seemed to shift a bit, they humans seem "Squisher" than before.

Also big fan of the voice cast! All of those are some of my favorite VAs~

Taichi-Mon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
teenage mc and without goggles, just like masaru
damn, ruri's cute and kiyoshiro is just yamato with silver hair lol

future huh..... i wonder how old taichi in ghost game lol(i'll laugh if he appear)

GoldenEXP

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Kiyoshiro sounds like he WANTS to be a Yamato (Or a Touma I guess? The "overseas genious" thing fits him better) to hide from the fact that hes a Jou :p

Chudix

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
WOW! Just WOW! I'm very impressed with new poster. It's a lot better that previous one, and art is very cool.

shynely

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Even if they chose classic Digimon, the fact that 70%~80% of them are based on classic monsters (demons, Frankenstein's monster, mummies, onis, golems) or cryptids (yeti, alien, kraken) is a big coincidence.

Kraken is a mythical monster from medieval legend and/or the real life giant squid. It's not a cryptid.

Also, aliens? This cryptid theory looks pretty bunk when the people pushing it have to redefine the term to be really vague.

Last edited:

Bartz

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The poster is eye catching, loving the aesthetic they're going for as the ghost theme comes alive in it, and the characters look better with the new artwork.

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Even if they chose classic Digimon, the fact that 70%~80% of them are based on classic monsters (demons, Frankenstein's monster, mummies, onis, golems) or cryptids (yeti, alien, kraken) is a big coincidence.

Kraken is a mythical monster and/or the real life giant squid. It's not a cryptid.
Yes, a mythical monster that some cryptozoologists, even today (or at least, up until relatively recent), believe to exist based on alleged sightings. It is for this reason that I consider it a cryptid, even if its origin is in mythology. It would also still fall under the former option of monsters that I listed, so it's covered either way.

Edit: To be exact, the giant squid itself can be considered an ex-cryptid. It used to be a cryptid, before its existence was firmly established in the 21st century (which is what I meant by until relatively recent). Its history as a cryptid is iconic, even though it's been proven as a real creature.

Last edited:

shynely

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There's solid enough division between cryptids and creatures of pre-modern legends in pop culture media, though. A movie or video game set in medieval fantasyland with griffins and dragons and the like wouldn't bill itself as "featuring cryptids".

Broduliscool

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The outfits look diffrent than the old poster

Muur

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They all looking a lot more anime style than in the original post we got, guess the previous one was more "manga" style and this one is more "anime" style.

Ruri is cute, but also the "anime" style one gives off a much more ditsy air vs the more kuudere of the "manga" style. Like complete opposites those are

Glad to see we'll be getting many many older/classic Digimon again hopefully some more niche ones show up and get revived like in the 2020 reboot

The outfits look diffrent than the old poster

They appear to be school uniforms in the new poster, vs regular clothes in the old one. they'll prob switch between them depending on episode setting

YongYoKyo

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There's solid enough division between cryptids and creatures of pre-modern legends in pop culture media, though. A movie or video game set in medieval fantasyland with griffins and dragons and the like wouldn't bill itself as "featuring cryptids".
I address this more in an edit on my last post, but my point was that the belief in krakens (giant squids) continued long past ancient Icelandic myths and continued all the way to the 19th century and only recently had a live sighting in the 21st century.
Compared to the creatures firmly recognized as "fantasy" since early on, the kraken has been one of the most iconic (ex-)cryptids throughout history (evidently due to humanity's relative ignorance of the deep-sea).

Ragnalord

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Loving the theme of this, reminds me of tamers a bit or atleast part of it

shynely

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The giant squid might not have actually been responsible for the kraken legend, considering that the older descriptions don't actually say that it's particularly squid-like.

While a lot of websites claim the giant squid "used to be a cryptid", I'm not sure if the kraken descriptions actually went into that until shortly before they were accepted as real animals in the 1800s. I suspect the "scientists used to think it wasn't real" angle is at least a bit overemphasized. The real animal's connection to the legend certainly is.

In any case I'm hesitant to put pre-modern legendary creatures with cryptids together, since medieval bestiaries and other such early accounts would include blatantly supernatural things, while cryptozoology at least attempts a veneer at realism. (Granted, that probably varies)

Last edited:

Mon-Ohma

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hiro/Kiyoshiro: ARRGH!! : O

Ruri: YAY! : D

The Synopsis does seem to fall in line with my initial predictions. Digimon getting mistaken for supernatural entities. I hope they find some way to include Picodevimon in this.

AngelOmega

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Mixed feelings about this... At first glace I am disappointed by the poster but looking more to it, I think I find the supposed Digimon Villain to be the most bad thing on it. Its design is so cartoony and it doesn't look like a digimon. Liked the hands though. The characters look more anime like in the poster. As for the plot it doesn't have something interesting thus far... (for me at least)

But like I said I will give this a chance...

TheImpster

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This honestly has me hyped. Not a fan of Hiro being a Taiki type of character, but as long as he's not 🤢2020 Taichi🤮 it should be fine. Love the horror theme!

Taichi-Mon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This honestly has me hyped. Not a fan of Hiro being a Taiki type of character, but as long as he's not 🤢2020 Taichi🤮 it should be fine. Love the horror theme!
lol, the fact that he never turn down any request make him similar to 2020 taichi😛