Ghost Game Guide Listings for Episodes 38 through 41- New Dim Digimon, Islands, & Spirals

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
digimon_ghost_main.jpg

New guide listings for Digimon Ghost Game!

These have episode titles and plot synopsis' for episodes 38 thru 41, with just the title for 41.

A few of the episodes have slightly different synopsis' from different guides. The alternates are in quote boxes right after the initial one for some separation.

Plot synopsis/descriptions by their nature will have minor spoilers, so consider this fair warning.

Episode 38- Onmyouji (August 14)
Hiro and Kotaro head to Youoh Academy Kamakura school to participate in their traditional "Wakagimi Dance." However, the girl playing the role of Wakagimi suddenly takes ill and Hiro takes her place. At the same time, Doumon, who can manipulate onmyo magic, plots to resurrect the spirit of the Hojo clan's young lord and revive the Japanese bakufu. Doumon kidnaps Hiro, who is dressed as the wakagimi, to use him as a vessel for the young lord's spirit!
After being told that "we're supposed to send a few of our students there every year," Hiro Amanokawa with Gammamon and their fellow classmate Kotaro Nomura go to Youoh Academy Kamakura school in Kamakura to participate in their traditional summer "Wakagimi Dance." However, the female student who is supposed to play the role of the wakagimi suddenly falls ill, and Hiro takes her place. Around this time, the Digimon Doumon, who can manipulate onmyo magic, plots to revive the spirit of the Hojo clan's young lord who had died on this land and resurrect the Japanese bakufu after 700 years. Doumon kidnaps Hiro, who is dressed as the wakagimi, and uses him as a vessel for the spirit of the young lord, while turning the townspeople into shikigami and controlling them. He then sets out to conquer and rule the rest of the land of Kamakura. Hiro's partner, Gammamon, is left at a loss all on his own when a mysterious Digimon Espimon suddenly apepars before him and helps him to rescue Hiro together.
[Wakagimi- a term used for a child of a high-ranking aristocratic family]

Episode 39- Infected Remote Island (August 21)
Hiro and Gammamon have a tiny visitor: A Digimon named Gyukimon, who has the upper body of an ox, the lower body of a spider, and is 3 centimeters long. Hiro invites Gyukimon into his room, but Angoramon's expression changes when he learns of it and yells for them to get away immediately. Gyukimon is actually an extremely violent Digimon and a hated figure in the Digital World. When Gyukimon challenges you to a fight and you lose, you also get changed into a Gyukimon. Ruli Tsukiyono and Kiyoshiro Higashimitarai are frightened and wary, but the little Gyukimon appeals to Hiro for help.

Episode 40- Spiral Coast (August 28)
Gammamon accidentally breaks Hiro's tablet, but is too angry to apologize. That's when Espimon appears with his arm twisted into a strange shape. He tells them that it happened as he was napping close to a beach. At Espimon's request, Hiro and his friends head to the beach to find out the cause. However, Gammamon is still sulking. Gammamon happens to meet a girl in elementary school who is looking for "strange twists" occurring all over town and hits it off with her immediately, looking for the cause of the spirals together, when...?

Episode 41- Clown(September 4)

The show continues on, and we get a number of appearances of Digimon from the new Dims like Espimon and Gyukimon.

Thanks to a friend of the site for the information and onkei for the translations.

Attachments

• article.jpg
    article.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 13,760

Sparrow Hawk

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
How... Interesting! Odd I felt Espimon is more of like a certain Jojo character who thinks himself as the alien. It could be just my imagination.

Oh? Clown? So I hope the next spoilers will reveal the trio's final forms or not. But again, it could be any digimon after Manticoremon...

I didn't expect Doumon to get more appearances rather than Taomon... But I wonder if Kazuhamon will appear in Ghost Game after Youkomon and Doumon?

I think I'm getting excited for Gyukimon's appearance. Imagine if Clockmon got scary design.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yay! New episodes. & Espimon! Nice to see him now. But the rest? ...Let's hope it's not so Ito. That guy is great at creeping me the blank out.

BlankShell

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The spiral from rearise?
howdareyoustandwherehestood.gif

But for real, that would be a hell of a surprise. Doesn't seem like it is though.

dlewis53

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Question: Was there a synopsis for Episode 41? Because it just shows the title there.

Kiiro

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Espimon's coming, finally! I wonder if it's going to have a partner or not.
Episode 41 simply being named Clown with no description is eerie, but I don't know if it's intentional or not. If the "Clown" in suggestion is Piemon then we're probably going to have a good time.

Mon-Ohma

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Jokermon is another possible candidate.

Amandil7

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I love Gyukimon's design so much. Looking forward to seeing his debut, ditto for Espimon.

Shiningmon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What amazes me is the size of Gyukimon, I was expecting something big like Dokugumon (since it's his logical evolution), I hope it's like Kodokugumon Child and he'll will grow because seriously there the 3 centimeters cools me a little...

The Clown episode, it will necessarily be Jokermon sorry to tell you but they can't release Piedmon, it's an Ultimate and as long as we don't have a tease of the Ultimates of the group, they will not make them face Ultimates they can't beat...

Tetsuya Suoh

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What amazes me is the size of Gyukimon, I was expecting something big like Dokugumon (since it's his logical evolution), I hope it's like Kodokugumon Child and he'll will grow because seriously there the 3 centimeters cools me a little...

The Clown episode, it will necessarily be Jokermon sorry to tell you but they can't release Piedmon, it's an Ultimate and as long as we don't have a tease of the Ultimates of the group, they will not make them face Ultimates they can't beat...
Not neccesarily, they've been facing Perfects since they started getting Adults, after all. They don't have to be able to defeat it, as the only time they kill Digimon is when said Digimon has been killing humans or other Digimon. Piemon could just be pulling his old keychain trick or something equally non-lethal.

Last edited:

robotoboy

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So weird to me that we still have zero answers for:

- Blacktailmon Uver
- Hiro's dad
- Kyoshirou's bandaged hand
- Gammamon's past
- The black Digimon seen overlooking GulusGammamon's outrages
- The Digital World, and why Digimon are in our world now

I'm hoping we start getting some answers soon, cause it's kind of ridiculous that we're on episode 41 with basically no answers lol.

I know people harp on others about wanting an overarching plot... but like... they've gone out of their way to set these up and we are still here with no answers to any of these questions. It's just weird.

Like it being episodic is fine, heck Lupin season 5 did this exact thing. However it would have a few episodes occasionally dedicated to fleshing out the overarching plot. (And yes I know Lupin is am adult anime)

It's just weird is all.

Leoil01

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

- Blacktailmon Uver
- Hiro's dad
- Gammamon's past

I'm hoping we start getting some answers soon, cause it's kind of ridiculous that we're on episode 41 with basically no answers lol.

I know people harp on others about wanting an overarching plot... but like... they've gone out of their way to set these up and we are still here with no answers to any of these questions. It's just weird.

Like it being episodic is fine, heck Lupin season 5 did this exact thing. However it would have a few episodes occasionally dedicated to fleshing out the overarching plot. (And yes I know Lupin is am adult anime)

It's just weird is all.
The hand is because he's a chunibyo other than than yeah no answers on the others it could be like young hunters and the plot be revealed at the end

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

- Blacktailmon Uver
- Hiro's dad
- Gammamon's past

It's just weird is all.
The hand is because he's a chunibyo other than than yeah no answers on the others it could be like young hunters and the plot be revealed at the end
Yep it’s going to be like a us cartoon show where the series “arc” is limited to the first three and last three episodes with everything else being irrelevant

AppliFang

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

- Blacktailmon Uver
- Hiro's dad
- Gammamon's past

It's just weird is all.
I assume it like Gegege no Kitaro...MANY episodic episodes...then maybe a few episodes (one after another) related to some enemy/story...then right back a lot of episodic episodes lol

I want the gang to go to the digital world
follow blk gatomon by jumping into one of the gates it opens (to send an enemy back like MetalPhantomon) or something?

Tetsuya Suoh

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

- Blacktailmon Uver
- Hiro's dad
- Gammamon's past

It's just weird is all.
The hand thing was answered in the pre-release character profiles. It's a bluff. Essentially, it's just there so he can claim to have "sealed his true power" when really he's just a coward.

Last edited:

Rohan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I assume it like Gegege no Kitaro...MANY episodic episodes...then maybe a few episodes (one after another) related to some enemy/story...then right back a lot of episodic episodes lol
Thing is though, with Kitarou you had Nanashi appearing in the first episode who then goes on to instigate the plots of every 5-8 episodes so that he can harvest the energy of the defeated Youkai so that when Kitarou finally faces him at the end of the first arc, it felt like there was a proper build up to a climax. Then rinse and repeat with the new villains of the following two arcs so that by not having just Nanashi be the villain of 90 something episodes it keeps it fresh.

Whereas with Ghost Game we've had little to no build up with any kind of overarching plot. We don't know who (if anyone) is the antagonist and the fact that it appears to be dragging out these questions of "what is Gulus", "what happened with Hiro's dad" and so on for seemingly the entirety of the show is frankly getting tiring. :(