Ghost Game Guide Listings for Episodes 29 through 32- Hints, Plushies, & the Return

gsmumbo

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It never intended to be a very plot heavy show like other Digimon shows, so it should be judged for what it's aiming to be rather than for what we expected it to be
Strong disagree here. A show should be judged based on what it is. If the next series is intended to be a super low budget 10 episode cash grab, we wouldn't say "well they're doing a great job at phoning it in like they said they would!" We'd complain that they they set out to make a low effort series.

The same applies here. They set out to make an episodic series. That's great for them, but the lack of a plot is really hurting it. It doesn't matter if that's what they intended to make, it just means that even though it's executed well per their intentions, they got it wrong when they planned out the direction of the series. The fact that this topic comes up pretty much every week should tell you that their intentions missed their mark, regardless of if they're executing it exactly how they planned.

HeavyLeomon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, looks like a Lamortmon evolution episode to watch, and then skip the rest until something happens, wich at this rate could be like in 3 months.

TheImpster

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It never intended to be a very plot heavy show like other Digimon shows, so it should be judged for what it's aiming to be rather than for what we expected it to be
Strong disagree here. A show should be judged based on what it is. If the next series is intended to be a super low budget 10 episode cash grab, we wouldn't say "well they're doing a great job at phoning it in like they said they would!" We'd complain that they they set out to make a low effort series.

The same applies here. They set out to make an episodic series. That's great for them, but the lack of a plot is really hurting it. It doesn't matter if that's what they intended to make, it just means that even though it's executed well per their intentions, they got it wrong when they planned out the direction of the series. The fact that this topic comes up pretty much every week should tell you that their intentions missed their mark, regardless of if they're executing it exactly how they planned.
This is objectively wrong. By saying this you're implying that every TV series ever needs to have some sort of grand overarching plot, when I've already provided multiple examples of great shows that follow the same principles of ghost game in that they have continuity but no big overarching plot. The reason people expect a plot in this series is not necessarily because the series is bad, but because other Digimon series actually did have overarching plots.

Judging something for what you want them to be rather than what the shows are going for is just missing the mark. It's like complaining dragon quest doesn't have enough platforming. Or that Persona isn't an open world game.

Lord Bearmon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
All the other episodes have a Perfect-level so it only makes sense for episode 31 to also have a Perfect-level, but I can't think of a Digimon that fits the description. Maybe Duramon?
It's Oboromon huh?

Shiningmon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
All the other episodes have a Perfect-level so it only makes sense for episode 31 to also have a Perfect-level, but I can't think of a Digimon that fits the description. Maybe Duramon?
It's Oboromon huh?
I was also thinking about it, before it was announced, the only digimon family that fit the description was Zubamon and his evos, except they are Holy Swords not Cursed Swords.

Oboromon's appearance on the other hand really gives him the impression of a cursed warrior (plus he has a sword that seems surrounded by spirit on his 8-bit sprites)

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It sounded like Musyamon to me, but I guess it’ll be a new Musyamon evolution instead.

Tortoiseshel

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The fact that they didn't name the tsujigiri Digimon in the synopsis when they did name Ex-Tyrannomon, Betsumon, etc. implies to me that it could indeed be a new Digimon. Probably one from the new DiMs is my bet.

TheImpster

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It could be Hisaryumon. If the dim cards are trustworthy, then Ryudamon is gonna become a major character in the series, and while not a legend arms, his evolutions are weapon themed, with Hisaryumon being able to transform into a sword.

Shiningmon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It could be Hisaryumon. If the dim cards are trustworthy, then Ryudamon is gonna become a major character in the series, and while not a legend arms, his evolutions are weapon themed, with Hisaryumon being able to transform into a sword.
Still the same problem as with Zubamon and his evos, they are supposed to be sacred blades and the synopsis evokes a cursed blade (and at the moment, no digimons evoke a link with a cursed weapon...)

Sparrow Hawk

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hmm I'd like to see a new Legend-Arms digimon being a cursed weapon. Never thought of that before but it sounds totally awesome.

For me, I'm reminded of Anubis from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure but if it's some kind of new ability for certain digimon(s) to make somebody wanting to slice up like Morphomon given new ability to send signals mixed with rabid emotions, Digitamamon's unique eating made human souls vanish and the bodies turns into ashes, Asuramon's Face Swapping ability, etc but it's only new abilities in this Ghost Game designed for horror I guess?

TheImpster

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Still the same problem as with Zubamon and his evos, they are supposed to be sacred blades and the synopsis evokes a cursed blade (and at the moment, no digimons evoke a link with a cursed weapon...)
There's always the possibility that something or someone is causing the Digimon to go into a fit of rage. Kinda like Morphomon's scales were doing

Shiningmon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
(and at the moment, no digimons evoke a link with a cursed weapon...)
Armamon. That's literally Armamon, a weapon which is so powerful it's power is impossible to control.
From what I have on this digimon, it's a final boss of a game so implying that it's an Ultimate level, knowing that Angoramon still hasn't unlocked Lamortmon, you really think that going out as enemy an Ultimate is probable? Not for me, it will necessarily be a Perfect...

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Based on its elemental affinities in Super Xros Wars, Armamon is considered a Holy-type Digimon, despite being a villain. Like I said, Musyamon would have been a good guess, since its Shiratori-maru is a "demon sword," "engraved with a forbidden curse."

CloneWarrior

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Since this series used Sistermon Ciel as a super competitive kart racer willing to summon death to make her races more exciting, I feel like the sword Digimon could be literally anything. (Haven't watched the ep yet so if the preview already revealed who it is, ignore this. :p)

YongYoKyo

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Since this series used Sistermon Ciel as a super competitive kart racer willing to summon death to make her races more exciting, I feel like the sword Digimon could be literally anything. (Haven't watched the ep yet so if the preview already revealed who it is, ignore this. :p)
The preview does reveal it, albeit indirectly. The sword is identical to Musyamon's katana, from the pattern of the handle to the shape of the hand guard. The only difference is the lack of kanji on the blade, but Musyamon's other anime appearances exclude the kanji too.

TheImpster

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ok, just had a weird thought. What if GulusGammamon appears in the betsumon episode? I mean, just think about it. Gammamon is going to experience extreme negative emotions in that one. Those are the ones that trigger GulusGammamon's appearence, whether they come from Hiro or Gammamon himself. So in a fit of rage GulusGammamon could attack the betsumon and kill them in his sadistic ways. Maybe one of them even survives and evolves to Etemon in a future episode, since Etemon appears in the opening. It would be a cool way to flip a supposedly comedic episode into a scarier one.