ep7preview01_november20_2021.jpg
ep7preview02_november20_2021.jpg
ep7preview03_november20_2021.jpg
ep7preview04_november20_2021.jpg
ep7preview05_november20_2021.jpg
ep7preview06_november20_2021.jpg
ep7preview07_november20_2021.jpg
ep7preview08_november20_2021.jpg

Digimon Ghost Game episode 7, Birds, is a bit over half a day from starting in Japan, and elsewhere a few hours after that, so we get a nice stack of preview screenshots from the Digimon_TV Twitter and Mantan Web.

Our discussion thread for episode 7 can be found here.

This episode is notable in that it's the first episode of Digimon that Director Kakudou has directed in quite awhile. Looking through credit lists, the last time he directed an episode of Digimon appears to have been over 10 years ago, with episode 53 of Xros Wars (the 2nd to last episode before it ended and became Hunters) airing in September 2011.

Plus we also have a promotional screenshot render from Fuji TV for the episode.

ep7preview_fuji_november20_2021.jpg

Attachments

• ep7preview04_november20_2021.jpg
    ep7preview04_november20_2021.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 8,610

TheImpster

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So that guy really WAS Daigo. Hope he becomes a recurring villain

Brodul

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wait that sus looking guy is Daigo and these kids need to have a secret base like Appmon because this series is ghost hunting and I hope KausGammamon appear cuz' you know birds and flying

So that guy really WAS Daigo. Hope he becomes a recurring villain
I also have noticed that Gammamon's blue scarf is replaced with the winter one I really wanted to see the Betel mode to see if his scarf changed or it's just the same

Shiningmon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
What's nice but also frustrating with the episode preview images for Ghost Game is that if you have a new evolution, you never know until the episode is broadcast ....

I would like us to have Kaus but the presence of a Gammamon on Angoramon makes me think that they will redo the same tactics as against Sirenmon (in other words Betel carried by Angoramon).

I still believe that Mika and Aoi will be part of the group at some point.

Regarding the scarf, Gammamon and its evolutions have the same so if it is yellow here, its evolutions will also have it in yellow normally

Mon-Ohma

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Time to place your bets on whether or not this is Kaus/Wezen’s debut.

Shiningmon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The image with Gammamon and Angoramon does not help, because there, we have the impression that we will still have Betel carried by Angoramon ...

And normally since he's an aerial enemy, we should (if we KO Angoramon) have Kaus.

Thatguy3331

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'll take the risk of eating my own words and will bet on Kaus showing up, cuz like, again, why wouldn't he? I'm also hoping he does if only because last week was so whatever I'm hoping this week isn't the same in that regard (even though the lack of of a new evo wasn't really my main issue)

Maybe it's just my own biases but I'm not 100% I buy this Diago guy being a long term antagonist for the group. On the one hand there's nothing special about his design that screams "I'm going to matter long term!" and it would be kind of odd to have our antagonist be some homeless looking old guy. On the other hand, it would be odd that our antagonist is a homeless looking old guy and the fact that we even learned his name in the episode preview is somewhat noteworthy in an of itself. Besides he does look like the kind of person that would be kooky enough to rely on something he may barely be able to see/understand like a hologram ghost... iunno we'll see.

Eitaroutarouman

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The image with Gammamon and Angoramon does not help, because there, we have the impression that we will still have Betel carried by Angoramon ...

And normally since he's an aerial enemy, we should (if we KO Angoramon) have Kaus.
You keep suggesting Kaus because the opponent flies. But Wezen has anti-air weapons, so it's just as fitting.

Shiningmon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

You keep suggesting Kaus because the opponent flies. But Wezen has anti-air weapons, so it's just as fitting.
If Wezen has Electric attacks then the match will be ridiculous as Yatagaramon uses Electric attacks so it might cancel out.

e105zeta

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hopefully not red guy again.
I mean, Birdramon debuted against Meramon.
as a kid I really expected that to be a metapod vs metapod situation

Dathanatus

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
"My champion! My champion!" Why is that baby so damn cute?! That little scarf looks really good on him. So we got two evolution for Gammamon and still no evolution for the other two. Come on I want to see SymbareAngoramon! Kinda dumb of Hiro to not evolve Gammamon from the get go. I get that they needed an excuse to introduce KausGammamon but a five minutes fight of three Rookies vs an Ultimate is pretty dang stupid.