Ghost Game Director Kimitoshi Chioka Interview from V-Jump, plus Ghost Game News Index

Kitsune_NBG

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
There will be some Digimon who can never be scary no matter how much they try though lol
Im 100% sure that this is referring to the digimon behind the main characters in the poster.
We dont know yet if he is villainmon (who is going to have his own dim card), i think yes, but in any case, even if he isnt villainmon, it doesnt look like a full evolved mon, he just looks like an angry child lvl to me. So probably that guy is going to evolve together with the main characters and becoming stronger, due to its will to be a real menace.
So... Impmon
More tamers vibes

Tarama

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm sure the episodic thingy is for early story, when the characters need room to grow and they need to be introduced well to the audience.

GoldenEXP

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hope the "Depending on how to story changes, Gammamon could also evolve, or the level of the opponent Digimon could increase, upping the scary factor." line means Gammamon gets some pretty gnarly and spooky evolutions

Prodigious

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I’m worried

sounds like hunters…. I hated hunters

when will they realise that we want fleshed out villains. Not monsters of the week.
We want villains who are characters and drive the plot. With dialogue and personality.
I just hope they don’t mess with the evolution mechanics.

TheImpster

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I’m worried

sounds like hunters…. I hated hunters

when will they realise that we want fleshed out villains. Not monsters of the week.
We want villains who are characters and drive the plot. With dialogue and personality.
I just hope they don’t mess with the evolution mechanics.
Speak for yourself. Also the presence of one kind of villain isn't necessarily incompatible with the other.

Eitaroutarouman

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Every Digimon show starts as episodic with monster-of-the-week plots. It's far too early to judge the quality.

Quinnzel

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Every Digimon show starts as episodic with monster-of-the-week plots. It's far too early to judge the quality.
^ This. It's essentially required if you hope to attract any new viewers beyond the first episode. I'm not against cynicism, but maybe let's save it until after a few episodes have aired?