Ghost Game Characters- Hiro, Ruri, and Seishirou

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
ghostgameposter_august1_2021.jpg

The product page for the Angoramon and Jellymon Dim Cards gives us a couple of details for their partners and a page on Amazon has added the main character.

Gammamon is partnered with Hiro (center.)
Angoramon is partnered with Ruri (on the left).
Jellymon is partnered with Seishirou (on the right).

Update- We have the main character name from a page on Amazon, a bit from above has been changed, with the original moved below.

The Gammamon page just refers to his partner as 'the main character' for the moment.

Attachments

• article.jpg
    article.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 19,393
Last edited:

Muur

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The only other character I could find that uses those Japanese letters was this guy

so I think the name is probably "Seijirou" based on that, as thats how this character is romanized.

anyway, this confirms him with Jellymon, so about time a main male character had a female coded Digimon. Nice confirmation.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The first result for searching for the Japanese text is actors and other people named Seishirou (or other romanized forms of that name.)

If it ends up being translated differently, or a decent translator says different, that is what we will use. For now we are using Seishirou, which is what our search ended up with.

Last edited:

Golden_Fate

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wait. What. The idea that he'd be paired with a feminine Digimon didn't even cross my mind.
Intrigue.

Kon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
anyway, this confirms him with Jellymon, so about time a main male character had a female coded Digimon. Nice confirmation.

Well, Jellymon could still be a "male Digimon" even with "female traits" in its appearance. The voice could change everything.

In itself, I've many doubt Toei will have a male human with a "female Digimon" partner. Bandai and Toei works a lot with the "toys for boys" and "toys for girls"

Tarama

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's okay, main character. It's okay. If you don't have google and your full name won't have "Ta" hiragana, it's okay. You will be the Mameo of the anime.

I really can't wait.
I keep telling myself not to expect too much but seems I can't.

Sparrow Hawk

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I could get used to V-Tamer artist's work on this anime season... It would be very interesting if they didn't stick with anime version but to animate with V-Tamer artstyle, it will bring great refreshing experience to watch.

MFbM

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
"The main character"? Makes us think that this is, in fact, a real GAME instead of anime, because the main protagonist is "unnamed". 😅

Ragnalord

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Well, Jellymon could still be a "male Digimon" even with "female traits" in its appearance. The voice could change everything.

In itself, I've many doubt Toei will have a male human with a "female Digimon" partner. Bandai and Toei works a lot with the "toys for boys" and "toys for girls"

Digimon don't have gender

Kyaromonfan96

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Jellymon is a female, I bet that'll work.

Amandil7

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's refreshing that the female tamer isn't paired with the (seemingly) female Digimon. Bring it on!

Kon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

That's a debate. However, there are Digimon clearly associated with a gender.

If I'm not mistaken, Tamers was the only anime that "confirmed" Digimon don't have gender (and even there Ruki's mom doesn't agree that Renamon doesn't have gender).

Last edited:

Bancho

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I know a lot of male Digimon fans who like female coded partners so the Jellymon pairing is very nice to see

As for Digimon having gender, I do believe they can see masculinity, femininity, and androgyny as a part of their identity so some of them identify with a gender accordingly (such as Cutemon repeating a few times he's a boy in Xros Wars) but most of them probably don't care about the concept beyond that whereas humans put a lot more importance on it

Last edited:

Ragnalord

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

That's a debate. However, there are Digimon clearly associated with a gender.

If I'm not mistaken, Tamers was the only anime that "confirmed" Digimon don't have gender (and even there Ruki's mom doesn't agree that Renamon doesn't have gender).

It's out right confirmed in official site

Bancho

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I didn't realize the main character boy has a scar on his ear. You guys probably pointed it out in other threads but I haven't read other Ghost Game threads yet. I bet he got it from an animal like how C'mon Digimon's Kamon Kentarou wears a sleeve on his arm to hide bite scars from his former dog
It's out right confirmed in official site
with "no reproductive activity due to lack of gender" that my machine translation gives me, I can't help but feel the instances of "gender" written here were supposed to be interpreted as "biological sex" as in they don't have anything down there except wherever their poop comes from

Chudix

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The only other character I could find that uses those Japanese letters was this guy

so I think the name is probably "Seijirou" based on that, as thats how this character is romanized.

I have checked jisho.org dictionary, and correct romanization for those kanijs is "Seishirou". We have also Sakurazuka Seishirou in "Tokyo Babyon" by CLAMP, but his name is written with different kanjis.

Jisho.jpg