Get Monzaemon (original v-pet)

DigiTifa

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hi everyone.
I am new to this forum, but I saw interesting topics being discussed and I decided to register.
I am from Spain and my English is not very good, but I will try to write as clearly as possible.

A few months ago I was given Digital Monster 20th Anniversary as a gift and decided to put batteries into my original 1997 Digital Monster from when I was a kid.

The fact is I decided that I was going to obtain the Digimon that I never got in the original v-pet (1997). When I was a child I did not know that you had to meet certain requirements to obtain them.
In this way, I obtained Seadramon, Airdramon, and Tyrannomon. So I only needed Monzaemon (the rest of Digimon I already got when I was a child).

The point is that I have tried to obtain Monzaemon 3 or 4 times and it is impossible.
I have read that Numemon only survives 48 hours.
I have tried fighting with Agumon/Betamon, I have tried to have a high win ratio, I have fought many times (an Agumon died after being injured like 20 times :( ). But there is no way.

I think the evolution is quite random, but I would like to know if there is some official information to see how to make it evolve.

I have read that it is necessary to do 15 fights in the child version and 15 in the adult version. I have read that they must be 20 and 20. I have read that they must have a win ratio of 80%.
I have read many things.

Somebody could help me?

Regards, and thank you very much!!!

Last edited:

BladeSabre

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah, it's quite random. I believe the 15 battles as Child + 15 battles as Adult was official information, but it doesn't seem to be true. It seems like the minimum requirement is 15 total between Child+Adult, with more being better to some extent, but you don't need a huge number. Numemon only has 10 energy and not much time, so 40 battles as Agumon might be a good idea. High win ratio probably helps.

DigiTifa

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah, it's quite random. I believe the 15 battles as Child + 15 battles as Adult was official information, but it doesn't seem to be true. It seems like the minimum requirement is 15 total between Child+Adult, with more being better to some extent, but you don't need a huge number. Numemon only has 10 energy and not much time, so 40 battles as Agumon might be a good idea. High win ratio probably helps.
Okay...
So, can I use vitamins to refill Numemon's power bar? Does using vitamins have any negative effects?

BladeSabre

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So, can I use vitamins to refill Numemon's power bar? Does using vitamins have any negative effects?
It increases the chance of injury after a battle, of which Numemon's is already quite high, and it'll die after 20 injuries at one stage. But if you do 20 battles as Agumon and 20 as Numemon it should be OK

Last edited:

DigiTifa

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I understand... thank you very much for answering ^^

So far, I just got Numemon today.
With Agumon (I had him 3 days) I emptied the power bar three times (more than 50 battles, of which he was wounded 19 times and with a victory percentage of 35% -40% more or less).
Today with Numemon I have emptied the power bar (10 battles, of which he has won 5 and has been wounded 3 times).

At the moment it has a total win rate of 36%.

We'll see if there's any luck...

Edit: Today was the second day with Numemon.
I've fought 10 other times, won 5 battles, and been wounded 2 times.

In total, Numemon has fought 20 battles (10 victories and has been wounded 5 times).
It has a 38% win ratio (although if we count only the last 15 battles, the win ratio would be greater than 40%).

Mañana, cuando me despierte, hay un Monzaemon en mi v-pet o tendré otro fallo de Numemon ... jajaja

Edit 2: One more day, one more Numemon.

Numemon has not evolved and is now 7 years old. So another failure ...

I did over 70 battles (over 50 with Agumon and 20 with Numemon).
In the next attempt I will try to improve the win rate.

Wish me luck (?)

Last edited:

BladeSabre

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't think doing more than 40 helps much, so better to focus on the win rate. But it's hard to get a good win rate with Agumon and Numemon.

DigiTifa

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I made one more try.

The first day with Agumon I did 14 battles, of which I won 4.

On the second day I did 14 more battles, of which I won 5.

With Numemon, the first day I did 10 battles, of which I won 7.

On the second day I did 10 more battles, of which I have won 9.

Of the last 15 battles with Numemon, I have won 12.

He did not evolve.
Just in case, I did 10 more battles on the third day (Numemon should have evolved into Monzaemon by now), but obviously there were no results.

Is it possible that Agumon's poor performance hampered Numemon's evolution even though he performed well?

I can only connect my Digital Monster ver. 1 with Digital Monster ver. 20th Anniversary.
I try to face Betamon with 0 Strength hearts (20th) vs Agumon with 4 Strength hearts (ver. 1) and still, Betamon almost always wins.
Are the digimon of ver. 20th more powerful than the digimon of ver. 1?

Next time I think I will only fight with Numemon, 20 battles and 80% victories or more.

Last edited:

BladeSabre

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sadly, we don't really know how Agumon's performance effects it.

I can only connect my Digital Monster ver. 1 with Digital Monster ver. 20th Anniversary.
I try to face Betamon with 0 Strength hearts (20th) vs Agumon with 4 Strength hearts (ver. 1) and still, Betamon almost always wins.
I think Betamon (20th) and Agumon (original) should be the same. You could try giving Agumon 16 protein/vitamins and always initiating by pressing the button on the original. It will increase injuries a bit, but should also increase wins. (If you press the button on the 20th, it will ignore the protein bonus. The 20th's strength hearts don't matter when battling an original.)

DigiTifa

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sadly, we don't really know how Agumon's performance effects it.

I think Betamon (20th) and Agumon (original) should be the same. You could try giving Agumon 16 protein/vitamins and always initiating by pressing the button on the original. It will increase injuries a bit, but should also increase wins. (If you press the button on the 20th, it will ignore the protein bonus. The 20th's strength hearts don't matter when battling an original.)
OMG! I was unaware of this information.
The "secrets" that these v-pet include is incredible.

So what effects do proteins actually produce?

In the 20th Anniversary version I know that the more Strength hearts, the more likely to win (although now you have told me that if you face Digital Monster ver. 1, it does not influence).

In Digital Monster ver. 1, how does it influence the Strenght hearts having full?

Why should I give Agumon 16 proteins (ver. 1) and not 15 or 17?

Edit: I did 6 battles yesterday.
Agumon (original) with 4 Strength hearts, fed with 16 proteins vs Elecmon (20th) with 1 Strength heart.
I made sure to press the button (A or B) on the original version.
Agumon won 1 battle and Elecmon won 5 battles.
That method doesn't seem to work ...: /

My Agumon is trash, hahaha

Maybe my v-pet is buged?

I'm going to try to fight just with Numemon (vs Elecmon, for example), which seems to improve the win rate.

Last edited:

BladeSabre

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The side who initiates the battle when you push the button decides who wins, so if the two devices are different and don't actually follow the same rules, there can be different results depending on which side initiates. This could also happen if the two devices were the same but had non-symmetrical rules.

I wrote an article with the details of the original here: https://dmcomm.github.io/vpet/
People who tested it said that a 20th doing an Other Battle always sets its own Enhancement to 0, and seems to ignore the other one's Enhancement when deciding who wins.

With two 20ths doing a 20th battle, your Digimon has a power number. Betamon's group has a minimum of 10, and Super Ultimates 238. The maximum is 16 more than the minimum. Each strength heart adds 4. A copy Digimon, or a Digimon weighing 99g, takes the minimum value. When the device is rolling for the winner of each round, it takes into account both sides' power and attribute. Power being "not the maximum value" also reduces damage by 1.

I don't know why your Agumons are losing so much...

Last edited:

DigiTifa

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The side who initiates the battle when you push the button decides who wins, so if the two devices are different and don't actually follow the same rules, there can be different results depending on which side initiates. This could also happen if the two devices were the same but had non-symmetrical rules.
Sorry, my English is very limited (I'm from Spain).
What you're telling me is "if the two devices are different (20th and original, for example) and don't actually follow the same rules, there can be different results depending on which side initiates."
Does that mean that in 20th vs. Original, whoever pushes the button first has a better chance of winning?

I have not understood this:
"This could also happen if the two devices were the same but had non-symmetrical rules."
Could you give me an example?
Thank you very much ^^

I wrote an article with the details of the original here: https://dmcomm.github.io/vpet/
People who tested it said that a 20th doing an Other Battle always sets its own Enhancement to 0, and seems to ignore the other one's Enhancement when deciding who wins.
Oh! An incredible topic!
If 20th always ignore the Strength, do I need to fill Numemon's Strength hearts?
Regarding the topic, I understand that to know how the use of vitamins will affect, I must first find out which version I have.
It should be the European / Spanish one, but I don't know which one is in your topic.

With two 20ths doing a 20th battle, your Digimon has a power number. Betamon's group has a minimum of 10, and Super Ultimates 238. The maximum is 16 more than the minimum. Each strength heart adds 4. A copy Digimon, or a Digimon weighing 99g, takes the minimum value. When the device is rolling for the winner of each round, it takes into account both sides' power and attribute. Power being "not the maximum value" also reduces damage by 1.
Sorry, I don't understand this: "Power being "not the maximum value" also reduces damage by 1." :/

I don't know why your Agumons are losing so much...
Neither do I.
But deep down I still love him (?)

When I was a child, I didn't get any Perfect for a long time, because I didn't even know they existed.
By chance, reading the instructions, I saw that they existed and I could understand that I had to fight battles (I did the battles against the D-Scan (Digivice from Frontier)).
I got Mamemon and MetalGreymon with no problems, on the first try.
I don't know what I'm doing wrong with Numemon (I no longer have the D-Scan.).

A question: At what age does Agumon evolve to Numemon exactly?
Is it when it goes from 5 years to 6 years? During the 6 years? Or when going from 6 years to 7 years?
On the last occasion, due to the time I hatched Botamon's egg, I was able to do 20 battles with Numemon before he was 6 years old (as a general rule, I do 10 battles when he is 5 year old, newly evolved, and another 10 battles at next day, when he is already 6 years old).

I can think of something else.
If the Numemon that I have now (I think it should have evolved this afternoon to Monzaemon and in Spain it is already nighttime: /) does not evolve, I can try to record with my mobile how I do battles with Agumon vs 20th, so you can see what I'm doing wrong.

Last edited:

BladeSabre

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
"Does that mean that in 20th vs. Original, whoever pushes the button first has a better chance of winning?" - not necessarily. With two Child Digimon, if you push the button on the 20th it should be 50-50. If you push the button on the original, it should vary with the original's Strength and protein.

If two devices were the same but had non-symmetrical rules - for example, if it applied a bonus which it didn't tell the other one about, then both sides might think they have a 60% chance of winning, and then whoever pushed the button would have an advantage. This doesn't apply to your situation, so don't worry about it.

"If 20th always ignore the Strength, do I need to fill Numemon's Strength hearts?" - 20th only ignores the Strength if you push the button on the 20th. Probably best to give the 16 protein and keep the Strength full and push the button on the original.

"I must first find out which version I have" - The European release included both English types. The easiest way to see is with the energy. When you give your Digimon 16 protein from full energy, see if the bottom-right bar appears, as in the picture.

Power being "not the maximum value" also reduces damage by 1 - for example, 20th Betamon's power goes from 10 to 26. If it has 26 power, each attack does one more point of damage in a 20th battle.

"At what age does Agumon evolve to Numemon exactly" - it's a bit random. More importantly, Numemon only has 40-48 hours to get its battles, and you don't know in advance, so need to say 40 hours.

"I can try to record with my mobile how I do battles with Agumon vs 20th, so you can see what I'm doing wrong." - Also, can you give the 16 protein, push the button on the original, do all 20 battles and check the result? 6 battles doesn't tell you much.

DigiTifa

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
"I must first find out which version I have" - The European release included both English types. The easiest way to see is with the energy. When you give your Digimon 16 protein from full energy, see if the bottom-right bar appears, as in the picture.
I have given 16 proteins to my Agumon and the image looks like this:
IMG-20211015-120810-2.jpg

What version do I have?

BladeSabre

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You don't have the energy meter drawing bug, so looks like Strong English version. To make sure, you could still try the "Wrapping" test I described in the article. (After doing that, your Digimon will get hurt after every battle, so maybe try with a Numemon that failed to evolve already.)

Before that, when you give it 16 protein from full and then battle for the evolution attempt, check how many battles it takes to lose a bar.

Last edited: