MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
shodo_us1_september3_2021.jpg
shodo_us2_september3_2021.jpg

Shodo figures have been relatively easy to import, with the figures even not being that hard to find outside of Japan via affiliates of Bandai in various countries.

The first wave of Shodos will get quite a bit easier to find soon though. Bandai America will be selling them in new English packaging (we only have images of WarGreymon at the moment.)

The initial release will be wave 1 with WarGreymon, MetalGarurumon, and Garudamon.

The new packaging features the US logo and window-boxing for the figure. Theback features the figure, the associated crest, along with a short description in English and Spanish, along with showing off the full wave.

They figures themselves appear to be the same as the Japanese release, with one specific difference... These are being sold already in one piece. The Japanese release came in pieces so the packaging could be smaller. They weren't model kits, and people sometimes had issues snapping the joints in, so getting the figures already complete might be of interest to more than a few people.

They ship next month and pre-orders are available at Amazon for $15 each: (affiliate links)
WarGreymon
MetalGarurumon
Garudamon

WarGreymon is available to pre-order from Australia at EBGames for $40, being released in March(also the image source for the new packaging.)

Thanks to extra_ramen for the heads up and lostintranslationmon for making sure we had seen it.

Attachments

• article.jpg
    article.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 13,776

Mynor

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm wondering if I might be able to find these in retail stores later?

BlankShell

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Thought something was up when that BBTS listing appeared a month or two ago. Glad it's easier for people, and it does tug at the heartstrings to see some simple English packaging, no lie. Already got them all (and that price, oof), but I'd get them this way otherwise because the assembly was kind of a pain lol.

Santaskid

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
i'm going to assume they are going to at least TRY o get iti nto retail stores. For 1 reason the packaging.

Why? simple why would you make a whole new packaging for na existing product that your just going to sell exclusively online. Now it might not hit store shelves in the states it could wind up being online only here and in stores in the EU or somewhere else. But why make packaing with a hanger hole if your not going to be hanging thme on shelves?