General fan-made Digimon thread.

Wingworth

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
fe90209ecc848b79a5b0db04291a3ad7813241b9.png

Hi :) Made this evolution for Elecmon a few weeks ago. It's based on an Echidna (Tachyglossus aculeatus) , because they are one of the very few mammals using electricity (electroreceptors to detect prey). The long reptilian tail is a reference to the mythological creature also called 'Echidna', lol. It's a mammal digimon tho.
I'm not great at coming up with lore or anything, so yeah 🥲 What do you guys think?

SuperStarlite

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I love that design! You hit the perfect balance between resembling it's pre-evolution and still being distinct on it's own. There are a lot of evolutions out there that just look a bit too much like their previous stage.
And in general you seem to understand digimon design philosophy really well, they look like a real digimon.
I could make up lore for them if you wanted.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That is really cool. Really. I could see it working. Since we don't need it to evo to a Leomon anymore. ...At least it makes more sense for it to not.

Bancho

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I love Echidnamon so much. The fact that it looks like a reptile Digimon but is actually a mammal is so cool

Wingworth

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I love that design! You hit the perfect balance between resembling it's pre-evolution and still being distinct on it's own. There are a lot of evolutions out there that just look a bit too much like their previous stage.
And in general you seem to understand digimon design philosophy really well, they look like a real digimon.
Aaaw, thank you! Well, I don't know if I understand every about it - some digifake turn out better than others, haha - but I'm trying.
And it would be so cool to read what kind of lore you would come up with! * __*

@Mynor @Unknown Neo
Thank you so much! :3 very encouraging to hear such nice things

SuperStarlite

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Aaaw, thank you! Well, I don't know if I understand every about it - some digifake turn out better than others, haha - but I'm trying.
And it would be so cool to read what kind of lore you would come up with! * __*
Well, here's my crack at it then! Tried to keep it interesting, but simple since it's still Champion/Adult.
Equidnamon
Level: Champion/Adult
Type: Odd Beast
Attribute: Data
Field: Nature Spirits, Deep Savers, Dragon's Roar
Profile: It uses its bioelectricity to locate dangerous foes and seeks them out to prove its power. The natural curiosity it once had has evolved into a keen sense of awareness for all its surroundings, making it a very perceptive foe. Its body is adapted to hunt its enemies in most environments stealthily, when it finds its foe unaware it can take them down with Thunderstrike, a three way stab from its electrified claws and tail.

Wingworth

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sooo cool!!! Thank you 😍

e81a6eb5de2267e560140c84fec2c004f5c47e04.png

Some more Digifakes, because... Cyber Bunnies.

In-Training: Clutchmon
Rookie: Dwabitmon
Champion: Robbitmon
Not sure if Data or Vaccine, maybe Free/Variable?

Would love to hear some feedback - I'm planning on making the Ultimate an even more cyborgish taller bunny and the Mega would be a... death star with bunny attributes (weird to explain, haha xD)
Does that sound too linear? Should I try something more unexpected to shake up the formula? Or is there something specific y'all would like to see in such an evolution line?

Last edited by a moderator:

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That makes as much sense as some Digimon. So it works. Good job.

Fright Wolfmon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They seem better suited to be Data. Also I'm very in seeing this death star bunny.

SuperStarlite

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It does sound linear, but you shouldnt worry about that. Agumon’s line is rather linear, and they’re iconic. The important thing is to keep each level distinct, I think. Give the ultimate certain traits that evolve off of the champion, but aren’t really carried into the mega. Like MetalGreymon’s wings. Maybe the ultimate could have horns, like a jackalope?

Wingworth

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It does sound linear, but you shouldnt worry about that. Agumon’s line is rather linear, and they’re iconic. The important thing is to keep each level distinct, I think. Give the ultimate certain traits that evolve off of the champion, but aren’t really carried into the mega. Like MetalGreymon’s wings. Maybe the ultimate could have horns, like a jackalope?
That's a neat idea, thanks!

Bancho

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The important thing is to keep each level distinct, I think. Give the ultimate certain traits that evolve off of the champion, but aren’t really carried into the mega. Like MetalGreymon’s wings. Maybe the ultimate could have horns, like a jackalope?
yes, very much this. For example, I imagine my partner Digimon to be Coronamon but it's hard for me to care about Flaremon because it lacks any individuality in that form when compared Apollomon who just does all the same aspects as Flaremon only more powerful.
However, one example of a Perfect I love is MachGaogamon who debuted only a year before Flaremon so it's from the same era of Digimon designs but it has an awesome jetpack, mechanical knuckles, and a lot of aesthetic choices that express a cocky demeanor and these all really work well to set it apart as its own different thing from Gaogamon and MirageGaogamon

Wingworth

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The important thing is to keep each level distinct, I think. Give the ultimate certain traits that evolve off of the champion, but aren’t really carried into the mega. Like MetalGreymon’s wings. Maybe the ultimate could have horns, like a jackalope?
yes, very much this. For example, I imagine my partner Digimon to be Coronamon but it's hard for me to care about Flaremon because it lacks any individuality in that form when compared Apollomon who just does all the same aspects as Flaremon only more powerful.
However, one example of a Perfect I love is MachGaogamon who debuted only a year before Flaremon so it's from the same era of Digimon designs but it has an awesome jetpack, mechanical knuckles, and a lot of aesthetic choices that express a cocky demeanor and these all really work well to set it apart as its own different thing from Gaogamon and MirageGaogamon
Hmm, I see, I see. Valid point.
I mean, tastes differ - I for example don't like digi designs that are "too busy", with a lot of "unnecessary" details and armor, but it's a thin line between too much and too little to be intriguing 😅 but the overall "attitude" of the mon should be discernable, that's right.
I'll definitely keep your comparison between MachGaogamon and Flaremon in mind while finishing the Ultimate, hoping that my Mega will be unique enough.

Xadhoom

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ideas for the "Neo Ennead"

AmunRamon - Mega, God Beast, Vaccine - A Digimon with the form of a golden dragon, its form is derived from popular culture data stored on the network. This species seems to have been first generated in the year 2004 of another world, as the Mega form of the Tortamon partnered with Louis Williams, at a fierce battle's end. The ENIAC presumably sent its transcript to other Digital Worlds like ours. Detailed personality records are hard to obtain on this one. However, this AmunRamon seems proud of its status as that world's only Egyptian god Digimon. The species also has several Mode Changes this subject has not unlocked. Our world has another, the founder of the Neo Ennead group. That AmunRamon is a greedy yet generous ruler, known to be on bad terms with Apollomon. AmunRamon's Special Moves are "Sun Punishment", where it spews flames as hot as the sun, and "Celestial Aura", which temporarily covers it in a light field that nullifies the Special Moves of all Digimon, including its own.

Gebmon - Mega, God Beast, Vaccine - Having the form of a brown serpent, Gebmon reigns as the Neo Ennead's "earth god". Like the others, it seeks to build a new Digital World order with them in charge. It has a calm and quiet temperament, and isn't all that great of a fighter for a Mega-level Digimon. Even highly-trained Ultimates like Bastemon have been observed to overwhelm it. Gebmon's Special Move is "World Shaker" which instantly causes an earthquake to happen around it. This technique has reshaped the landmap of the Neo Ennead's realm.

Nuthmon - Mega, God Beast, Vaccine - Having the form of a gigantic cow, Nuthmon reigns as the Neo Ennead's "sky goddess" and holds the title "Cow of Heaven". Like its companions, Nuthmon seeks to build a new world order. It loathes fellow sky god Digimon like Jupitermon with a burning rage. It has vast physical strength even for its size and is known to have trampled villages. Unusually among Digimon, Nuthmon very rarely uses its Special Moves, which has made them unknown. They are speculated to be wind-related, however.

AmunRamon King Mode - Mega, God Man, Vaccine - In this form, it has the shape of a falcon-headed human man. This form is speculated by Osirismon to represent its right to rule the Human World. AmunRamon of the Neo Ennead rarely takes this form, as it considers mid-combat transformations wasted energy. Its Special Moves are unknown.

AmunRamon Ram Mode - Mega, God Beast, Vaccine - In this form, it has the shape of a golden ram. This form is speculated by Osirismon to represent its right to rule the beasts of the Digital World. AmunRamon rarely takes this form, which made it hard for Professor Agumon to document anything about it. Its Special Moves are unknown.

Wingworth

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
5051e7282ea96fa22154c9ae21d0b47c2b13e1fa.png
cdd2fe949ba468f9aed6f72c690ed880e6e9423c.png

Made some "dark" variants of Digimon that I like :3
What are some variants you personally would like to see?
(Gaomon Alt is based on Street fighting, Gomamon is inspired by the Mariana Trench)

Ragnalord

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Since we have many variants of gundam digimon now, dragon knights, white knight, dark knight, plant/ice/lightning/galactic knights and some others.

Now I only need to see a phoenix knight (fusion of phoenixmon and ulforceveedramon, would not mind a fusion of Maildramon and knightmon).

I would have preferred odinmon instead of archillesmon (a lightning spear man sounds alot more better than a dull normal average spear man).

Last edited:

SuperStarlite

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
5051e7282ea96fa22154c9ae21d0b47c2b13e1fa.png
cdd2fe949ba468f9aed6f72c690ed880e6e9423c.png

Made some "dark" variants of Digimon that I like :3
What are some variants you personally would like to see?
(Gaomon Alt is based on Street fighting, Gomamon is inspired by the Mariana Trench)
Wow! They're both cool and cute! I had the same concept for a dark Gaomon in the past, but I guess it's the most logical route for him.
AbyssGomamon is particularly cool, I really like the colorscheme.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I also like the alt versions. They do make an interesting counterpoint. ...Have any other ideas? heh

Wingworth

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ooh, a Phoenix Knight sounds cool! I have a WIP of a WarBirdramon somewhere that goes slightly into that direction :3

Thank you!
Yeah, the Gaomon one is really not a surprising concept, but I would love to see your version nonetheless!

I actually do have ideas for 'evil' versions of all eight OG digipartners, some more ridiculous than others (RiotPatamon for example is kinda hilarious in my eyes, will include it's pic below even if its not really good, was just a hastily colored sketch) - but others should turn out kinda cool if I ever try to really draw them (FamilarGatomon or NeoGatomon would be based on the black cats associated with witches and would look way more menacing than BlackGatomon)

1dqpz4f93mf51.jpg