General fan-made Digimon thread.

Fright Wolfmon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That looks amazing! Kobemon looks and works a million times better than Porcupamon (I never really Porcupamon at all).

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think that's pretty cool. It really does fit the character a bit more.

Mynor

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Bushfire - Unleashes a stream of deep red flames from his mouth (basically your typical fire breath attack)
when I first read the name Bushfire, I actually imagined its mane bursting into flames. I think it would look so cool if he had hellfire or fire made of darkness covering his body when in combat mode

McGann

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
@Mynor @Strontium @MasterOfTartarus
I haven't finished mine yet, but the design is set, so if you wanna send me the other forms, I'll post it as soon as I'm done.

McGann

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Finished Line!
Benjamon > Samsomon > Narasimon > Necreomon:

miJukqc.png

Image Thumbnail
Mortamon
Lvl1: Baby-1/Fresh
Type: Slime
Attribute: None
Field: Nightmare Soldiers
Min Weight: 5g

A Digimon baby that is shaped like a skull and crossbones. Mortamon is entirely blind, yet somehow it can sense the presence of any living being around it up to 25 yards away. As such, it runs away and hides from the first presence of others. Oddly, however, Mortamon has the opposite feelings towards others on the brink of death, appearing in their final moments and seeming to heavily empathize with them by reflecting their feelings in its own emotions as if it understands. Dying beings visited by Mortamon are said to have eased pain, as though they are beside a caring friend while they pass away.

Image Thumbnail
Frailmon
Lvl.2: Baby-2/In-Training
Type: Lesser
Attribute: None
Field: Nightmare Soldiers, Unknown, Virus Busters
Min Weight: 9g

A very special baby Digimon that needs constant medical attention and as such cannot survive without a caregiver. Frailmon has weak eyesight and hearing and is constantly tired due to its body expending its energy fighting off illnesses. Those who take care of Frailmon develop a deep affection for it because although its life is difficult, it has a mature personality that is never impolite and it consistently keeps a positive and compromising attitude. However, it is still a young child full of youthful curiousity and using the breaths between coughing fits it would love to share with others its daydreams of one day being a superhero who explores the Digital World's cosmos and experiences all the beauties the universe has to offer

Image Thumbnail
Benjamon: The Reverse Aging Digimon
Lvl.3: Child/Rookie
Type: Ancient
Attribute: Vaccine

Image Thumbnail
Samsomon
Lvl.4: Adult/Champion
Type: Warrior Digimon

Image Thumbnail
Narasimon: Derived from Narasimha; Avatar of Vishnu
Lvl.5: Perfect/Ultimate
Type: Beast Man Digimon

Image Thumbnail
Necreomon: Necromancer Leomon
Lvl.6: Ultimate/Mega
Type: Demon Lord
Attribute: Virus

This one went an interesting route šŸ˜‹
Lotta mon variety!

Last edited:

Muur

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
why do the first two have lore but not the rest?

MasterOfTartarus

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
interesting progression, Mortamon and Frailmon are very thematic, Samsomon is a really fun design, i really like that Digimon version of Narasimha and McGann really delivered with a design iĀ“d imagine seeing in an RPG as a final boss.
its also interesting how an old man became a lion slayer and then a lion himself, also i guess somehow an Avatar and a Necromancer in a weird way fit with the reverse aging kinda thing.

good job everyone

why do the first two have lore but not the rest?
cause Mynor went above and beyond when making them.

Mynor

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was just really happy and excited about the designs I drew. I also had much more simple Digimon stages to draw than anybody else so I had time to write out what I was going for.
You all wrote out the name origins though, whoops. Morta is one of the three weaver gods of the thread of life from Roman lore who direct the lives and deaths of both mortals and other gods. Morta is the one who cuts the string, sealing the fate of how beings die. Frailmon is simply the English word frail

Last edited:

Mynor

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I love Samsomon so much. I especially like the carryovers from Banjamon with the blue lips, Monzaemon charm, and real world human name

Notus

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I never imagined the original theme was reverse aging. When I gor Samsomon, I looked for mythological figures with similar themes and ended up choosing Narasimha as inspirantion to make a transition between human and something more. I thought about giving it the Avatar type, but that was only ever used by Ogudomon. Had I went with that, we'd have another reversion in a Demon Lord resulting from an Avatar.

McGann

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Is the idea with yours also that the Monzaemon grafts onto the back of Samsomon to become the second set of arms?

When making the Mega, I was trying to find another lion based deity for it to turn into, but I couldn't find one I liked. Instead I went with a 'what if Leomon conquered death?' concept, and made him semi-manticore-ish. I initially intended to give him a scar on his lower abdomen from where Beelzemon impaled him, but plum forgot about it along the way.

Notus

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Is the idea with yours also that the Monzaemon grafts onto the back of Samsomon to become the second set of arms?
Actually no. Narasimha is usually depicted with a lion head and human body, so I thought "What if he was more literally half-lion?" First idea was centaur-like, but Samsomon's furriness (and Herakles lion cloak) inspired me to do the human front, lion back design. It was also a good justification to do the multi-armed Hindu deity figure.

Monzaemon's plushie felt like a distinctive feature on Samsomon's design, but I wasn't sure on how to continue it at first. I eventually settled on the Mamemon belt as a Digimon themed accessory. Lore-wise, it works in increasing Samsomon's strength, like Thor's belt in norse mythology.

Last edited:

Fright Wolfmon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is a really cool evolution line, awesome job.

P.S. Not to be that person but, Notus you accidentally said Hindi instead of Hindu (again I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just trying to look out for you).

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well that's an interesting idea. Never would have guessed any of these. Good job everyone.

SuperStarlite

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So the new digimon anime features a partner digimon named Jellymon, which was also the name of one of my oldest fan digimon. I changed the name recently, ironically because I decided it just didn't sound like a name Bandai would actually use and thus looked weird next to other digimon : P
So before even more of my ideas get stolen(joking of course) I decided I should put down her full evolution line here, before we learn more about the real Jellymon.

image-2021-08-10-235536.png

Gelmon(former Jellymon)
Level: Child
Type: Polymorph
Appearance: Silhouette-wise I kid you not it's about the same as the official one. A small chibi kid shape with a jellyfish head. Major differences though, her "arms" are just two bigger tentacles trailing off from her head. I've edited a silhouette of Jellymon to give a rough idea.
Profile: Gelmon lives in dark moist areas like caves deep underground. It likes hiding away in crevices and surprising unexpecting travelers. It's often regarded as rather unintelligent due to it's lackadaisical mindset. It defends itself with minor toxins stored in it's tentacles.

image-2021-08-11-000437.png

Hydroamon
Level: Adult
Type: Elemental
Appearance: Large roughly humanoid shaped water elemental, I searched around for water elementals in fantasy fiction and games to find an example. This is the closest match to the design in my head.
Profile: This digimon is able to spread it's body throughout liquid and take control of bodies of water. One it's own it's considered weak but if it's taken over a lake it can be quite formidable.

Undinemon
Level: Perfect
Type: Aquatic Beast Man
Appearance: A fish like goblin child who lives in the giant urn she carries on her back. She wields a trident and shield, which and be used as a lid for when she sleeps in her urn. Her right "hand" is fused onto her trident.
Profile: A travelling troublemaker who is at home in the strong currents of the ocean. It is said that she ran away from a life of nobility to live as a pirate, though this pirate life seems to an exaggeration. She lives inside the urn she carries on her back, and also uses it for protection during battle. She can stretch her arms and use her trident Mami Wata to dig into distant targets and either follow after them or pull them towards her.

Pandoramon
Level: Ultimate
Type: Deepsea Lifeform
Attribute: Unknown
Appearance: A humanoid armored being covered in many eyes. She clutches a magical book close to her chest, and is surrounded by chains. Her armor is based on various aquatic life, most prominently a squid, but also oddly enough a horse.
Profile: The prophet of a forgotten deity from deep within the web. She carries with her the tome of forbidden knowledge known as Mariana. She fights using the Eyes of the Prophet, small idols that orbit around her and react accordingly to her will. When her chains are broken she can finally use the knowledge of Mariana for herself and assumes Abyssal Mode.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Interesting. I have that naming/theming problem a lot. It's a nice idea.