Gammamon Evolutions Profile Art from Vital Bracelet

AppliFang

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
lol I like the 3rd Champion>Followed by the 2nd one ...the others (prob its main evo?) seems a bit too much xD
Maybe one will be used for Atk/Def/Speed...and then corruption? hmmm

Rimokon

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The Green Gammamon adult could pass as a Triceramon and UltimateBrachimon evolution.

HeavyLeomon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I dislike how all the main Digimon (sans Frontier and Xros) always reuse the same template (more or less) for their evo lines. It's always small dino/dragon > dino/dragon but it's bigger > dino/dragon but it's a CYBORG > humanoid figure with dino/draconic elements. Gammamon is still a dino, but at least he's not a T-Rex. These look fairly distinct, so I hope they get used.

You forgot Appmon, Gatchmon line is a warrior for all form.
I said "Digimon" for a reason. Appmon has a slightly different design aesthetic, so I'm not counting it.
Many people still doesnt know or cant deal with appmon being different beings, not to mention the amount of people who doesnt even count the series as a main product.
I really cant with people who corrects with "you forget appmon" like yeah bro, i forgot yokai watch and pokemon too.

Mattman324

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I really cant with people who corrects with "you forget appmon" like yeah bro, i forgot yokai watch and pokemon too.
I mean, Yokai Watch and Pokemon aren't a part of the Digimon universe, unlike the show titled "Digimon Universe Applimon."

Shiningmon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wow, weird to see compound names for Adult levels, so for the Dark version you also have to expect something like "Yami Gammamon" ... And it will be the same for the Perfect level ?
Little by little, Gammamon reminds me of Huckmon (Hackmon) for its evolving line.

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They all look interesting but maybe a little bit too homogeneous.
I do like that besides their head they all have the overarching theme of having a few metal plates fastened to them.

The first form looks alright. we don't really have many mid-complexity almost completely organic humanoid dragon designs outside of Dinohumon so I don't think they are really repeating themselves (yet) with this approach. Just having fire fists is however not the most creative design choice, so I hope there'll be some other offensive abilities as well.

The second form in blue looks slightly more interesting, I am a fan of those kind of sleek cyborg design that kind of blend in with the organic parts which this one does really well and I do like seeing different thruster designs for flying. I have some gripes with it but they mostly come from a practicality standpoint. If those giant wing flaps are not retractable this looks like a design suited for flying... and not much else considering how much those would get in the way, especially in close quarters combat. It also looks like the thrusters would get in the way of leg movements on the ground... But maybe they could rotate or something to face forward instead of sideways?

The green one looks... fun.
Having the horns turn into cannons is neat and reminds me how Triceramon's tri-horn attack was portrayed as basically a projectile in V-Tamer. I especially like the design they chose for its feet, I don't think we've seen this sort of design in other cyborg Digimon before.
Quadrupeds are nice but like the clumsy aspects of the blue form they do suffer a little bit from the issue of versatility and practicality but in this case it really fits with it clearly being a ranged attacker sort of design.
If nothing else it's a great connection to UltimateBrachiomon but I would not expect each of his forms to go all the way up to ultimate.

The final one... Definitely the worst of the bunch. It's "dark" but in an awkward Shadow The Hedgehog kind of way, where there's nothing actually disturbing or bestial about it. That it's basically recoloring the first form makes it even worse and then golden unicorn also doesn't really fit with anything else.
I'm not sure if I agree with the assumption that some seem to have that the dark evolution will definitely be the one debuting in the first episode; It was his silhouette in the guidebook but I don't think that the evolution section specifically referred to only that episode.

The perfect form is okay looking but it does not excite me. There's nothing wrong with it in isolation but it is yet another semi humanoid armored dragon, and of those we really have enough.
If we assume that the first form is the "standard" adult, I also don't like the weird 360 that happens with the color palette. The adult form reverses it, and the perfect just reverses it back again.
Honestly I don't think the reversal in the adult form was even necessary. I usually don't like overly similar evolutions but just looking at how much the proportions change, it's already a far more substantial transformation than for example Huckmon to BaoHuckmon so it would at least be defensible even if the color scheme was the same. So I'd rather have the adult version retain the color scheme and then the Perfect level go crazy with it.

Sparrow Hawk

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I dislike how all the main Digimon (sans Frontier and Xros) always reuse the same template (more or less) for their evo lines. It's always small dino/dragon > dino/dragon but it's bigger > dino/dragon but it's a CYBORG > humanoid figure with dino/draconic elements. Gammamon is still a dino, but at least he's not a T-Rex. These look fairly distinct, so I hope they get used.

I always wanted a ferocious horned dinosaur Adult level digimon to match with Greymon/Tyranomon. After Gammamon's attribute revealed Virus attribute so Agumon finally have a rival dino. But sadly it turned out it's not. Jeez. I guess Greymon will never have a rival herbivore dino digimon ever... No. Not that Monochromon. It needs to have to be three horns.

Mon-Ohma

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, at least we got one quadrupedal evo for Gammamon…. :(

Ragnalord

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I mean, Yokai Watch and Pokemon aren't a part of the Digimon universe, unlike the show titled "Digimon Universe Applimon."

Does it really matter? We don't see them in any of the more recent digimon media or in any games, yeah they are similar to pokemon, yokai watch, monster hunter stories, Dragon quest monster, monster rancher, shin megami tensei, blah blah blah thus why I don't count them in digimon universe.

They are supposed to exist in network ocean which digimon adventure 2020 explored, they did not even exist there.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You know there were Digimon in the Appmon manga too, right? It’s like saying Megami Tensei and Persona have nothing to do with each other. Bandai and Toei consider Digimon and Appmon to be part of the same franchise. Why shouldn’t you?

Ragnalord

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Until I see appmon in actual digimon universe, yeah no!

The Chaos Entity

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Until I see appmon in actual digimon universe, yeah no!
So what are your thoughts on the fact that the official Digimon Twitter has Gatchmon and/or Haru feature in anniversary images for not just Appmon itself, but also for the Digimon franchise in general. Should we expect Ash and Pikachu featured in the next one, since ‘Appmon is as divorced from Digimon as Pokémon is’?

Tarama

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Appmon didn't appear in any "Digimon" media so far is because Appmon is the thing in 2045. Maybe we get to see them in future digimon media that set in year 2045+.
Ghost Game is in the future but I don't think it's already in 2045. Besides, Ghost Game itself might connect it in some way later on at some point because of the AR and Hologram stuff.

Back to the topic: where does Gammamon's blue scarf go in his Perfect form?

Guilmon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Let's see here.

The red one looks like a weird Sonic, especially after seeing his running animation in episode 2. Also, the muscular thighs are off-putting, moreso when paired with Gammamon's child-like face (which didn't change much after evolving).

The blue one is okay, but the crotch is a little distracting.

The green one is my favourite. I genuinely love how ridiculous it is. Plus he looks so happy lol

The dark one is just the red one with a cape. The colours are a mess and that unicorn horn looks dumb.

As for the perfect form, you could argue that we didn't need another dragon... and you'd be wrong! There's no such thing as too many dragons. This is one in particular may not be one of the most creative dragon designs out there, but the colours are striking and overall it looks cool. Looking forward to its anime debut.

Sparrow Hawk

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The red one looks like a weird Sonic, especially after seeing his running animation in episode 2. Also, the muscular thighs are off-putting, moreso when paired with Gammamon's child-like face (which didn't change much after evolving).

Oh no wonder I find BetelGammamon's design not appealing to me. Same vibes with Baalmon.

Well at least I found KrusGammamon and WezenGammamon's designs are somewhat good.

I just realized the Perfect level one is totally armorless Hackmon. Haha.

KenKurobasa

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I noticed, with the perfect evo that the tail and wings were a bit odd, if one looks, the tail is more like a pod that is jutting out from the body with the wings attached to this pod and the actual tail to that. Makes it seem a bit different from other dragon like digimon.

Sparrow Hawk

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So you noticed it. I found it really strange nobody is pointing it out for almost few days agos so I dared not to respond for that but you finally broke the silence lol... Yeah It instantly made me think this Canoweissmon may be another new type of Mechanorimon but it designed for escape pod.

Yeah if the first impression gave you what this look like it's just another dragon digimon but in bizarre autonomy body just like Wingdramon.

Oh boy, I sure love the most bizarre autonomy bodies in Digimion designs.

KenKurobasa

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I honestly debated about bringing it up like after the first few days it came up, but I didn't feel it was worth making an account just to point that out (plus I thought someone would of pointed it out by now.)

Sparrow Hawk

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I see, "Hey look at that weird tail is shaped like some kind of space airship" could get some people to post up.

Seeing all forms of Gammamon got me suspicious. Surely their skins reminded me of Ultraman and some kind of weird white "skeleton" pattern lines on their skins I mean. I think it could be some kind of "spacesuit" skin pattern or pilot suit. But still, I cannot figure out about... the metal plates. The ones on the shoulders, chests and crotch parts. Their profile didn't mention a single word on those...

Then white skeleton pattern lines could be extended and grew a new blue glowing line yet the blue scarf oddly vanished while evolving to Perfect level, Canoweissmon whose is confirmed as "Sky Dragon" instead of "Space Dragon" if this name points to the star... So confusing.