Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I just want jellymons dim for pukumon and nothing else

Sparrow Hawk

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Aww so Gammamon is the only one that got multiple evo lines? So unfair...

I wanted to see more of new sea creatures like seriously damn.

Hmm all name origins pointing to the stars? Regulumon incoming? Hahaha nope. I mispelled his name...

SnowAgumonGemini

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I guess with these revealed, we now know that the wicked looking Digimon behind the protagonists in the Ghost Game poster is GrusGammamon.
That makes me wonder if part of the story will involve working alongside Gammamon’s dark side or if there might even be a second Gammamon antagonist. Oh, well, I guess we just have to wait and see 😊

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ah, guessing meaning from weird transliteration, the biggest joy in digimon and a ever present reminder of the limitations of human language.

When I first saw it my initial impression was (clearly because of language bias) that GrusGammamon's name might be derived from the german term "gruselig" for "scary" since he's clearly supposed to be the dark spooky one. But with the context of the other names the "Grus" constellation might be a better fit (or it could even be a double pun).
"Wezen" is just too much of a mightily specific star based name to not impact the interpretation of the others.

Bethel is a variation of Bethlehem, which could connect to the "Star of Bethlehem"
Even ignoring that Bethel is a separate town from Bethlehem taking a weird religious detour to tie back into astrology would be pretty strange
I tend to not put too much trust into the accuracy of transliterations, so my best guess would be that the "h" was a mistake and the intended name is "BetelGammamon" with "Betel" short for Betelgeuse.

"Kaws" indeed doesn't seem to be a word but the phonetically identical "Kaus" relates to a whole bunch of stars in Saggitarius.

Going back to Gammamon himself... people jumping on the idea of his name "definitely" being derived from gamma correction because his evolutions have different colors seems a bit silly. How likely did they think it was that all of his evolutions would have the same color?
I'm arguing in most cases when you have a Digimon with any sort of split evolution line the different forms tend to have different colors just for the sake of variation. It's not really a proof for any hypothesis if there was a good chance of it happening in any case.
Cosmic gamma rays still tie in with the astrology angle perfectly fine and cosmic signals are explicitly mentioned in his profile. Or again it could be both.

Chudix

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I have Final Fantasy vibes after seeing BethelGammamon and GrusGammamon, nice job! WezenGammamon is cute.

robiu013

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
WezenGammamon is the best in the batch. The rest of Gammamon's evolutions I'm personally not that much of a fan of.

SuperStarlite

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ah, guessing meaning from weird transliteration, the biggest joy in digimon and a ever present reminder of the limitations of human language.

When I first saw it my initial impression was (clearly because of language bias) that GrusGammamon's name might be derived from the german term "gruselig" for "scary" since he's clearly supposed to be the dark spooky one. But with the context of the other names the "Grus" constellation might be a better fit (or it could even be a double pun).
"Wezen" is just too much of a mightily specific star based name to not impact the interpretation of the others.

Bethel is a variation of Bethlehem, which could connect to the "Star of Bethlehem"
Even ignoring that Bethel is a separate town from Bethlehem taking a weird religious detour to tie back into astrology would be pretty strange
I tend to not put too much trust into the accuracy of transliterations, so my best guess would be that the "h" was a mistake and the intended name is "BetelGammamon" with "Betel" short for Betelgeuse.

"Kaws" indeed doesn't seem to be a word but the phonetically identical "Kaus" relates to a whole bunch of stars in Saggitarius.

Going back to Gammamon himself... people jumping on the idea of his name "definitely" being derived from gamma correction because his evolutions have different colors seems a bit silly. How likely did they think it was that all of his evolutions would have the same color?
I'm arguing in most cases when you have a Digimon with any sort of split evolution line the different forms tend to have different colors just for the sake of variation. It's not really a proof for any hypothesis if there was a good chance of it happening in any case.
Cosmic gamma rays still tie in with the astrology angle perfectly fine and cosmic signals are explicitly mentioned in his profile. Or again it could be both.
I don’t know how many hours of sleep I must’ve missed to forget that Bethel is it’s own thing, but anyway Betelgeuse makes way more sense, you’re probably right! And that Kaus sounds believable too. I guess the Perfect/Ultimate’s name is some star too.

Shiningmon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

I don’t know how many hours of sleep I must’ve missed to forget that Bethel is it’s own thing, but anyway Betelgeuse makes way more sense, you’re probably right! And that Kaus sounds believable too. I guess the Perfect/Ultimate’s name is some star too.
Greek (Ελληνικά) | Kanō
May come from Canopus, a star in constellation of Carina and the second brightest in night sky
English | Nova
German (Deutsch) | Vaisu
Could also from Weiss, meaning "white"
= Kanovaisumon

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm spelling the last one Canoweissmon unless the Reference Book spelling gives me some other idea. Canovaissmon would be a possibility, I guess.

YongYoKyo

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The Digivice-V- instruction manual has given the attributes for three of the Adults. The red one is Vaccine, the blue one is Data, and the black one is Virus.

Sparrow Hawk

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Weird Perfect form's name loses "Gammamon" but instead it's star? All I see a tricera dragon digimon. There is nothing about his appearance that is very star-like. Unless if he have a battle technique allows him to transform into star attack. I wonder what's up with all star things on Gammamon's evo line instead of going dino evo route. I guess the final form could be that heroic night star white knight with galaxy cape in Stellarknight of Yugioh style.

Gammamon's name origin has multiple meanings... Really mysterious.

Those are nice names for all Adult forms. Reminds me of weird names for Jazamon's evo line.

Shiningmon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Gammamon is a virus so logic line of evolution is Gammamon > Grus Gammamon > Kanovaisumon > ???

Ragnalord

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Weird Perfect form's name loses "Gammamon" but instead it's star? All I see a tricera dragon digimon. There is nothing about his appearance that is very star-like. Unless if he have a battle technique allows him to transform into star attack. I wonder what's up with all star things on Gammamon's evo line instead of going dino evo route. I guess the final form could be that heroic night star white knight with galaxy cape in Stellarknight of Yugioh style.

Those are nice names for all Adult forms. Reminds me of weird names for Jazamon's evo line.

Gracenovamon can be gammamon super ultimate ;)

I like they are finally making more space themed digimon

Santaskid

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You know i wondering one thing ever since we saw the previews of the Digivice V dims and noticed their line ups wer 4 4 3 instead of the older 4 6 4 . But i mean the first thing i noticed was the lack of anything that jumps out as the 'designated' mega. But then i started thinking mind you i don't havea a vital brace nor do I pretend to understand exactly how it works. BUt since there is connectivity with the app to back stuff up and such in theory ... could they not use the app to unlock some 'hidden' slots or sometihng ? I mean we know the DiMs can hold more than 4 perfects nad 3 megas since weve regularly gotten 6 and 4 so IF there was some way to patch the Dims post release via the app to add in a single mega slot then MAYBE?

Geode

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think they ran out of ideas since there’s already a lot of ocean Digimon and Beasts except the two mystery slots in each.

Sparrow Hawk

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
GraceNovamon? No. Maybe Big Bang related name...

Now I think about it... I'm quite concerned for Gammamon's multiple evo lines. Let's hope they didn't go stick with same route with Lighdramon who only appeared like five times or less while Fladramon was used mostly before XVmon. If Gammamon's Adult forms might require certain emotions or requirements to evolve. Or same route as Adventure 2020's BlitzGreymon and CresGarurumon who appeared... Once.

Tarama

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Aww so Gammamon is the only one that got multiple evo lines? So unfair...
Always been the case since Agumon, to be fair.

In my opinion, it's the crown. Their crowns resemble star shape. I really like the way he evolves. It's not generic like some of previous main dinogon mon. It's refreshing.

shynely

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Just wanna point out that the Japanese spelling on the red Adult form is closer to Betelgeuse (ベテルギウス) than Bethlehem (ベツレヘム).

Nightwing

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You know i wondering one thing ever since we saw the previews of the Digivice V dims and noticed their line ups wer 4 4 3 instead of the older 4 6 4 . But i mean the first thing i noticed was the lack of anything that jumps out as the 'designated' mega. But then i started thinking mind you i don't havea a vital brace nor do I pretend to understand exactly how it works. BUt since there is connectivity with the app to back stuff up and such in theory ... could they not use the app to unlock some 'hidden' slots or sometihng ? I mean we know the DiMs can hold more than 4 perfects nad 3 megas since weve regularly gotten 6 and 4 so IF there was some way to patch the Dims post release via the app to add in a single mega slot then MAYBE?
The app was datamined, it’s where and why we got the art before the DigiNavi stream. There’s nothing else.

Santaskid

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The app was datamined, it’s where and why we got the art before the DigiNavi stream. There’s nothing else.
I mean down the road, just a lil curious if such a thing would even be possible- whether its likely or not I'm curious COULD they potentially add to a Dim card after release. I mean the more i think about it the less of a good idea it sounds... cause you'd need to not just download the 'patch' so to speak but then transfer it to the DIM so you'd need proper dim in your VB and hope nothing happens to the link beween the VB and the App... so yeah Its probably not a practical idea at all since I feel thered be plenty of room to mess your dim card up... even if it were possible.