Game Updates- Cyber Sleuth Complete Battle Trailer & Volcano Ota in Survive

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
A few game updates!

We're just under a month until the release of Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth- Complete Edition and Bandai-Namco has put up another trailer!

This time we get a narrated trailer that introduces various aspects of the battle system.

Previous trailers that introduced other aspects of the game can be found here and here.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth- Complete Edition for Switch is currently available to pre-order for $50 on Amazon: (Affiliate link)
Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth- Complete Edition (Nintendo Switch)

The game is out on October 18th. Steam pre-orders aren't currently open, but hopefully will be soon.

On top of that, we get a small Survive update revealing a new cast member...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Volcano Ota!

Ota revealed he would be in the game via a tweet.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Since I got the OK from Producer Habu, I'll tweet this... The other day, I/we recorded the voice audio for Digimon & Human character in the upcoming PS4/Nintendo switch game "Digimon Survive" scheduled for release in 2020! I wasn't expecting to be the voice for this Digimon... (^_^;)
It was such a surprise that I couldn't help but doodle on the script (lol)
So based on his comments and photo it appears Ota is Xuanwumon in Digimon Survive.

The photo of the script itself gives us a bit of further information of where we're likely to find Ota in the game: "Digimon Survive, Event screenplay, Chapter 10, T Route (Xuanwumon)"

Digimon Survive can currently be pre-ordered at Amazon.com: (affiliate links)
Digimon Survive for PS4
Digimon Survive for Switch
Digimon Survive for Xbox One

Survive is currently scheduled for 2020.

Thanks to Muur for the heads up about the Survive info and thanks to onkei for translated details.

YongYoKyo

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That reminds me, I have never actually seen a picture of Ota without his armor and sunglasses until now.

Well, this basically tells us that Xuanwumon is in the game as a voice-acted character, that there are at least 10+ chapters, and there is more than one route (the T doesn't necessarily mean it is "numbered" alphabetically).

Last edited:

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Holy Beasts in Survive?! Such blessing

Deep Saver

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The 4 Holy Beasts seems like a perfect pick for Survive's setting. I'm excited to see them!

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well they said there would be multiple endings. Maybe there's four, with one for each Sovereign. Also he's the first person to be announced for the game, I wonder when we'll learn any others.

Grovyle48

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Xuanwumon's a character in the game? And Volcano Ota's voicing him? Awesome. I wonder if the rest of the Four Holy Beasts will be present too.

Ryudamon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I can see only Xuanwumon in Survive. I can see Zhuqiaomon in Rearise, Qinglongmon a special gift in the complete version of Cyber Sleuth and Baihumon in in X3. They will try to have a mass marketing.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I can see only Xuanwumon in Survive. I can see Zhuqiaomon in Rearise, Qinglongmon a special gift in the complete version of Cyber Sleuth and Baihumon in in X3. They will try to have a mass marketing.
Xuanwumon is already an NPC in ReArise, as is Zhuqiaomon. So they already have 3D models (though they wouldn't be used for Survive, anyway)

the other two will prob show up at some point in RA

BlankShell

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ooh, four holy beasts, excellent choice, should fit the setting. This means Devas too, probably?

I wonder if Survive will get a surprise English dub like Next Order did. Not that I inherently mind, just something that crossed my mind after seeing a VA announcement.

SparkGold

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
that's how he "doodle"s? This man is super talented even outside his voice.
I'm very excited to see his performance in Survive and I'm very excited for Survive as well, it's been my most anticipated video game for over a year

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh wait, he's that! Volcano Ota. heh heh That's pretty cool to see. Fun guy.

Velocifaptor

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That's pretty dope, but Ota doesn't mention the Steam version of Survive? Is this an error, or will we not be getting Survive on Steam?

Theigno

Supper Mοderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That's pretty dope, but Ota doesn't mention the Steam version of Survive? Is this an error, or will we not be getting Survive on Steam?
There is no indication of him being involved in the game outside of voice acting so there's also really no point in expecting him to know everything about the game's release platforms.
I also recall the game only being announced for Steam outside japan (note that the official website does not mention a PC release anywhere), in other words Ota mentioning a PC release in a Japanese tweet would basically be confusing/false advertisement for the majority of his target audience.

jaws_is_ra

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I not been able to keep up to date lately with all the new Information on CSHM CC Have they annonced if the orignal Pre-order DLC will be included also or just the paid DLC from the past. I missed out on getting blackwargreymon and the others the first time around Because I waited so late to get my PS4 and both Digimon Cyber Sluth Games. I hoping this time to have everything I missed.

e105zeta

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I not been able to keep up to date lately with all the new Information on CSHM CC Have they annonced if the orignal Pre-order DLC will be included also or just the paid DLC from the past. I missed out on getting blackwargreymon and the others the first time around Because I waited so late to get my PS4 and both Digimon Cyber Sluth Games. I hoping this time to have everything I missed.
I'm pretty sure it's all of the content.