Future of Digimon Panel AX - Digimon Survive 2020

Vande

V-Tamer Vande
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Image Thumbnail (custom)

At the panel they confirmed Digimon Survive would be delayed from 2019 to 2020.

In addition they showed a relatively long animated intro for the game. It's fully animated and voiced, and was shown subtitled.

A few new characters were shown, including a brash appearing male student that some characters appeared bothered by, along with a young girl who went off wandering on her own.

During the Q&A Habu reconfirmed the game is 'not' in the digital world.

Various inspirations was taken from Digimon Adventure, but most so how the Digimon were affected by their partner's mental state. Your responses will change their evolution.

The second big inspiration came from Habu coming to Kakudou, and how the idea of them being spirits that predate the digital world was based on ideas of Adventure director Kakudou.

Update by Marc- Cleaned up and expanded above.

BlankShell

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think I might have a heart attack and die of not surprise!

Honestly, fine. I think it's going to be a really interesting game. Even if technologically it's weird to see it delayed (still no idea why they had to start over?) it'll be just fine.

Togetak

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Disappointing it's a longer wait but it's fine, they're taking the time they need for it. I'd be interested to know what was in the 5 minute video, i've heard it was a long introduction cinematic from the start of the game itself so I don't know if they'll upload it later.

Interesting that it's set in a completely separate world to the real and digital ones, I wonder if it's tying into the mythology stuff they've talked about, like the old post-apocalyptic world the digimon inhabited before becoming digital entities or something

Last edited:

flintlock

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm OK with the release date if it means the quality is better in the end. But it's going to be a long wait.

Last edited:

D O R U g o r a m o n

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Good, gives me more time to save up for it. All the better that theyre porting cyber sleuth to the switch.

Last edited:

Hanbei

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That's a shame, but also very predictable. I felt it was really unlikely that it'd come out this year still.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
2020? OK. Switch? OK now I'll pay attention. Could be a long wait but that happens a lot.

Kaid115

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I feel like it would be a neat turn of events that instead of the children going to the real world that many, many Digimon were somehow brought to the real world and caused an apocalypse, and the story is about these kids trying to survive in said apocalypse.

smilewolfy

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Interesting about the two new characters, so that makes seven human characters that we know of, just like adventure.

I wonder if we'll get an eighth character to join halfway through the story too.

Shadow Shinji

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't mind waiting if it's worth the while, and I know it will! Just let the rest of the world see that animated intro!! I really dig the idea of the Human emotions and mental status affecting the evolutionary routes of the Digimon....I wanted a game like this for years to be honest! This is gonna be huge :)