Future Chip sets?

spiralofvertigo

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I recently got into collecting the Appmon chips and I am pretty addicted. I can't find any information about Appmon merchandise releases; is 6.0 the last set for now or are we going to be getting more?

Also is there a place where I can get a hold of sets 2.0 and 3.0? I can't find them anywhere for less than like $70 a box.

Thanks!

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
6.0 was released faster than the normal schedule for Appmon chips (released, calendar-wise, a month after 5.0) and there hasn't been an announcement of a 7.0 yet.

Due to no announcement of a season 2 for Appmon, any future sets will likely be more akin to special sets rather than full waves, if sales of Appmon Chips are good enough for that to make sense for Bandai.

The same is still done for Gokaiger's Ranger Keys for example, even though it's been over 5 years since the show ended.

Basically the same way that we still get the occasional Hyper Colosseum card set.

Chimera-gui

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The Appmon that are currently without Chips: Dopemon, Gugumon, JumpPlusmon, Santamon, Speciamon, Supermon, and V-Jumpmon.

Dantemon, Flickmon, Tapmon, Swipemon are also missing and I suspect they won't get Chips at all do to the former not the same way as most Appmon and the latter three likely not working the same way either.

spiralofvertigo

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
@MarcFBR That makes sense. I do hope we get another season of Appmon but only time will tell I suppose. Is there a place where I can look up the special promo chips/chips not released in numbered sets?

@Chimera-gui Aaah yea I wonder if they'll do a small release of those. Thanks for the info!

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I would check Wikimon, they have a good list of them.

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So we have all the important Apps except Dantemon? The rest are the special ones we found hacking the Digivice right? Like how people do this to toku toys every year.

G-SANtos

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wouldn't call it hacking, or data mining, as all Ainz did was put a coin in the Appli Drive to make it appliarise random Appmon.

But yes, that's it. Dantemon is the only major Appmon without a Chip, and I believe it's because of how abnormal he is. He doesn't come from a Chip, and appears to have no grade or type. Heck, the DVD-BOX 2 booklet doesn't even give him an icon. So, I'm pretty sure he doesn't have a Chip because he's not meant to have a Chip, and that's why he has no Reference Book profile, a weird decision in my opinion since it could potentially fate him to be perpetually attack-less or make his official profile fall into obscurity.

Flickmon, Tapmon, and Swipemon I believe might get Chips at some point if there's a season 2, or maybe even without it. Them having known power levels means they are programmed in the Appli Drive, and since they would need 21 Chips in total, approximately the number of Chips all sets have, they can all be released in the same set, maybe even with Dopemon for completion's sake.

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, it's worth mentioning that all of the 7-Code Appmon versions of those Chips have Dantemon's image on them instead of e.g. Roleplaymon, it's a picture of Dantemon's arm. So Dantemon KIND OF has Appmon Chips.

Also, the Flickmon, Swipemon, and Tapmon guys are visually portrayed in the manga in the same style and role as most of the Baby I/II(Fresh/In-Training) level Digimon were in their respective anime/manga. They populate small villages, look cute, can't attack, and need saving.

It's interesting that there's a version of each of them for each of the various "Types" of Appmon. I have a hypothesis that they are essentially the precursors of all Appmon of their various Types. Using AppFusion, for example, perhaps a Social-type Flickmon and a Social-type Tapmon combine to form a Gatchmon? Perhaps different combinations is how ALL of the various Standard-grade Appmon are formed?

If something like this is the case, then I suspect we wouldn't see Appmon Chips of them in the same way that we usually don't see Koromon or Botamon in the cards/collectible games.

Dopemon is still a mystery.

Chimera-gui

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Having power levels doesn't mean the trio were programmed in the Appli Drive since those power levels came from the 3DS game and the technique that revealed Dantemon, the unreleased Appmon I mentioned previously, and the God Grades didn't bring up any of the trio to my knowledge.

clanc

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Let's use the power of math!:
  • There are 3 Appmons
  • There are 7 variants
  • 7 Combination for every different Appmon
7*3=21*7=147 different standard Appmon
Idk if this is correct, but if it is then makes sense. In the anime there are more than 470 Appmon (Because Appliyama 470 is named after the amount of smartphone apps at the time).
With this number, we have:
  • 73.5 Super Appmon (Idk how would this apply, maybe there's one that can't AppFuse?)
  • 36.75 Ultimate Appmon (wat)
  • 18.375 God Appmon (OK, I think I made a mistake somewhere)
Then with those 21 Appmon we have:
  • 21 Tap/Flick/Swipe + 147 Standards + 73.5 Supers + 36.75 Ultimates + 18.375 Gods = 296.625 Total Appmon
There are theorically 296 Appmon in the 3DS Game (and probably counting those like Dantemon and Speciamon). Which means that if my calculations are somehow correct, there are aprox. 173 Appmon undiscovered...

In Ep30 Perorimon says that there are different types of Perorimon.
That means that these other 173 may be variations of some Appmon.
Or idk, this is probably incorrect.

Chimera-gui

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's not, for starters the episode you're referring to treated the different Perorimon as members of single species, not multiple species as we've seen with Digimon variants/subspecies like Agumon Classic and Agumon (Belt).

This same rule would be applied to Tapmon, Flickmon, and Swipemon as well meaning that there'd only be three species regardless of Type hence why the Types are listed on the same three pages.

In fact, this is why Gugumon is significant as it's the only known repeat of a Application/Ability in Appli Monsters.

Last edited:

CoDL

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Math?? Ok I'll comment. So this kind of situation to me seems like it would work well with combinations and permutations. There are the 3 Appmon and each of them has 7 variations. This gives a total of 21 different mons. Going off the hypothesis that 2 of them would fuse to create a Standard grade Appmon, we can use the formula 21 choose 2 to see how many different pairings are possible. That gives a total of 210 pairings meaning 210 Standard Appmon. Now that number includes stuff like 2 Tapmon combining or 2 Flickmon or 2 Swipemon. So we can instead look at it like this: we have 7 of Appmon #1 (whichever one we decide that is) and we have the choice of either combining with Appmon #2 or Appmon #3 so there's 2 possible choices there. Each of those 2 also has the 7 variations.

So 7x2x7=98 which is a lot closer to the 80 that are listed on Wikimon's Standard grade category. Maybe you're on to something here. It is a little strange that these Appmon along with the others mentioned don't have chips, but these three and Dantemon kind of make some sense

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Thanks for running the math, CoDL. That was exactly along the lines of how I was thinking the Tap/Swipe/Flickmons would work!

I guess the other 18 permutations could result in the 'variants' like Mari-Perorimon? (Or possibly some kind of Standard-Grade version of Sukashimon/Damedamon?)

Chimera-gui

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Except you're still assuming that MariPero is her own species which is not only not what's been said in series but in fact it is stated that she's just a Perorimon named Marilyn.

Think less BlackAgumon and more Bugs Bunny. You need to get out of this mindset that all variants are their own species when talking about Appmon.

CoDL

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Math is just what I do :) not to get super off the topic of the thread but I may make a spreadsheet just for funsies trying to list the combos and come up with suggestions for what Standard grade they'd make. I'll make a new thread when I actually get around to doing that.

I do agree that the different Perorimon should be considered the same species, but Tapmon, Flickmon, and Swipemon seem to be special. I'll admit I don't know that much about all the Appmon yet but the fact these 3 can come in all 7 types and don't AppLink definitely makes them stand out.

Trying to connect this little theory to the main topic of this thread, maybe the extra 18 hypothetical Standard grades could be variations of existing Appmon, but not in the same way as say Perorimon or Roleplaymon. Well Roleplaymon might not be the best choice because he has a 7 Code version as well. But the variations seen in the anime are still just the regular Roleplaymon. If there are actually chips for different variations of Appmon, could that maybe be where the extra 18 fit in?

clanc

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Sorry for sinking this theory, but I just remembered that Tapmon, Flickmon and Swipemon can't AppFuse because they don't have cables.

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
*shrugs* It's a theory for Appmon that have only made appearances briefly in the manga. Who's to say that Appmon of that level AppFuse by using cables?

Re: MariPero
I'm not assuming she's a unique species, but I was thinking more along the lines of "there's multiple permutations that result in the same species, but some permutations might lead to slight variants of the species, such as MariPero."

Chimera-gui

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
That would be known as a subspecies which is what Agumon, Falcomon, Crowmon, and Kudamon in Data Squad are. The Profiles for the two that were added to the DRB explicitly refer to them as such.

The variation for Perorimon and Ropuremon is more the differentiation of App brands.

Last edited:

Shangyou

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If they release future chip sets I sure hope they have a storage solution for all the chips. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe they only released a binder for Ver 1.0 like a year ago. I got that binder and already filled it up way back when the Ver 2.0 booster was released. The dozens of new chips I've obtained since then have simply been sitting in boxes and I've been waiting for them to release new binders but it doesn't seem like it's going to happen.

Does anybody have a good suggestion on how to store the chips for display? (Apart from buying multiple 1.0 binders.)

G-SANtos

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You could buy a coin case.

Having power levels doesn't mean the trio were programmed in the Appli Drive since those power levels came from the 3DS game
The power levels DON'T come from the 3DS game because the 3DS game doesn't use power levels. At all.
The Appli Drive is literally the only place were the trio's power levels could have come from, and are the source Wikimon cites for its power level. And we know they are in the Appli Drive because Ainz repeatedly used the coin trick for God knows how long to get all Appmon's power levels, and eventually stumbled on the unrealesed Appmon, which is how they even exist.

So yes, we KNOW Tapmon, Flickmon, and Swipemon are programmed in the Appli Drive, and if you don't believe you just have to ask Ainz.

[A]nd the God Grades didn't bring up any of the trio to my knowledge.
What do you mean by this?

7*3=21*7=147 different standard Appmon
Idk if this is correct, but if it is then makes sense. In the anime there are more than 470 Appmon (Because Appliyama 470 is named after the amount of smartphone apps at the time).
With this number, we have:
  • 73.5 Super Appmon (Idk how would this apply, maybe there's one that can't AppFuse?)
  • 36.75 Ultimate Appmon (wat)
  • 18.375 God Appmon (OK, I think I made a mistake somewhere)
I think you're failing to take into account Appmon with special line like Onmon and Offmon, who were likely desinged with traditional Evolution in mind. There are probably more Appmon like them, although there's still no official explanation for how they work, and the games even have to use repeated Appmon as their fusion partners..

Then with those 21 Appmon we have:
  • 21 Tap/Flick/Swipe + 147 Standards + 73.5 Supers + 36.75 Ultimates + 18.375 Gods = 296.625 Total Appmon
There are theorically 296 Appmon in the 3DS Game (and probably counting those like Dantemon and Speciamon). Which means that if my calculations are somehow correct, there are aprox. 173 Appmon undiscovered...
Do you mean programmed in the game, or existing in the game continuity?