Fusion Discussion, and UPDATE on the Director.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Based on a post to Ben Diskin's official Facebook fanpage, it appears Mary Elizabeth McGlynn will be the ADR director for Digimon Fusion.

This isn't quite confirmed yet, because McGlynn has often worked on early episodes of a show to help get it started, then moved on to something else.

It's DOUBLY not confirmed because I've talked to multiple cast members, who say it ISN'T McGlynn (it's possible Diskin isn't the only person who can post on his fanpage with the fanpage name, and the person posting just assumed.)

Thanks to WtW member ChaosS for passing along the info from the fanpage, although we aren't sure quite yet if it's correct or not...

Also, this thread will be used for discussion of the dub/English release.

Update- Some new info later in the thread at this post.

nintenfan

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
wasn't she the director for Tamers and Frontier?

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yes she was
I forgot to mention it when I closed the other thread, but good job looking around. Always nice to know others are looking around for information.

Looking at his Facebook fanpage more, I'm inclined to say someone else can admin that page and wrote it. His posts tend to be well written and that post wasn't.

Also, I've checked in with multiple people I know. They all still say the same name I had been given before for the director, and it isn't McGlynn.

At this point I'm inclined to say if McGlynn is doing directing for the show, she's either sharing duties with 'someone else', or something else I can't explain. Cause multiple main cast members say they haven't worked with her for the show at all.

nintenfan

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Do We Have a supposed start date in 2013?

Is this where we're discussing the eps? Not in the Fusion Forum itself?

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Do We Have a supposed start date in 2013?

Is this where we're discussing the eps? Not in the Fusion Forum itself?
If we had a start date, chances are there would be discussion on it.

And the news threads have always been used for generic discussion based on the news.

Py687

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The "Fusion" logo is hideous.

I haven't kept up with Xros Wars dub news lately (if there have been any), so do we know if they'll still be "xrossing" Digimon, or if they'll choose another term?

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The "Fusion" logo is hideous.

I haven't kept up with Xros Wars dub news lately (if there have been any), so do we know if they'll still be "xrossing" Digimon, or if they'll choose another term?
"DigiXros" was kept in the marketing trailer.

ChaosS

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yes she was
I forgot to mention it when I closed the other thread, but good job looking around. Always nice to know others are looking around for information.

Looking at his Facebook fanpage more, I'm inclined to say someone else can admin that page and wrote it. His posts tend to be well written and that post wasn't.

Also, I've checked in with multiple people I know. They all still say the same name I had been given before for the director, and it isn't McGlynn.

At this point I'm inclined to say if McGlynn is doing directing for the show, she's either sharing duties with 'someone else', or something else I can't explain. Cause multiple main cast members say they haven't worked with her for the show at all.
No problem, dude.

If that's the case,then I guess the possibility of Fusion being directed by two people would not seem too far off. I honestly don't think Ben would have another person also running his fanpage but I could be wrong. But if someone other than Ben runs his fanpage and is spouting false info,then I would feel stupid about believing this recent conversion regarding Rowdy Rocker being changed in the dub. http://www.facebook.com/BenDiskinOfficial/posts/504248266265221

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If that's the case,then I guess the possibility of Fusion being directed by two people would not seem too far off. I honestly don't think Ben would have another person also running his fanpage but I could be wrong. But if someone other than Ben runs his fanpage and is spouting false info,then I would feel stupid about believing this recent conversion regarding Rowdy Rocker being changed in the dub. http://www.facebook.com/BenDiskinOfficial/posts/504248266265221
Heh, even Ben Diskin (or whoever's running his fan page) finds several of these dub changes unnecessary. :p

nintenfan

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The Convo was just deleted. Looks like they're not supposed to talk about it right now.

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
For those who missed it, most of the convo was Ben Diskin (or whoever runs his fan page) speculating about what Shoutmon's attack names could be changed to in the dub (particularly Rock Damashii, noting how, if this were Disney, they'd never allow them to use "Soul" for "Damashii"), thinking of how they could slip in a "Mikey likes it!" reference (maybe when eating DigiNoir), and remarking how some of the name changes like "Taiki/Mikey" and "Rowdy Rocker/Rockin' Roller" (or is it "Rock-and-Roller" or "Rock'n'Roller"?) seem kinda pointless and unnecessary.

nintenfan

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Brian Beacock isn't going to be in the Hunters crossover according to AnimeSecrets.com (Posted by A member of AODigimon's Facebook Page) http://animesecrets.org/brian-beacock-interview-111112/
Now as you might have heard, the Digimon franchise in Japan has recently concluded a new season of the Digimon anime, Digimon Xros Wars (Digimon Fusion in English), which features the return of two major characters you’ve voiced, Takato from Digimon Tamers, and Agumon from Digimon Savers. If given the chance, would you return to voice either or both characters?
I would love to. However I think as I’m typing this it’s already been cast and it’s not me! Haha! But I remember when I came in to do Agumon, I took over for someone who had done it before so now it’s happening with me. It’s just the nature of the business. Move on to other things.
Kinda seems iffy to me because Saban has only ordered the first arc of Xros Wars (I think that's what the trailer said. 30 New Episodes)
Seems kinda weird that they would start casting for the last arc already despite it being possibly 2 to 3 years away.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Brian Beacock isn't going to be in the Hunters crossover according to AnimeSecrets.com (Posted by A member of AODigimon's Facebook Page) http://animesecrets.org/brian-beacock-interview-111112/
Now as you might have heard, the Digimon franchise in Japan has recently concluded a new season of the Digimon anime, Digimon Xros Wars (Digimon Fusion in English), which features the return of two major characters you’ve voiced, Takato from Digimon Tamers, and Agumon from Digimon Savers. If given the chance, would you return to voice either or both characters?
I would love to. However I think as I’m typing this it’s already been cast and it’s not me! Haha! But I remember when I came in to do Agumon, I took over for someone who had done it before so now it’s happening with me. It’s just the nature of the business. Move on to other things.
Kinda seems iffy to me because Saban has only ordered the first arc of Xros Wars (I think that's what the trailer said. 30 New Episodes)
Seems kinda weird that they would start casting for the last arc already despite it being possibly 2 to 3 years away.
This is one of those cases where something was worded very poorly.

There is nothing in the question informing Beacock that the characters only show up at the very end. More than likely, because of the way it was worded, Beacock assumed they show up at the beginning and recur through the series.

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Someone needs to ask Mr. Beacock again but with more clarity so that he understands that they only cameo in the very end.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Someone needs to ask Mr. Beacock again but with more clarity so that he understands that they only cameo in the very end.
Generically, we still have an answer to the question FROM the question and answer.

He'd love to.

He just wasn't aware that casting for those wouldn't have been done yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.