Full Results for Favorite Digimon Movie, OVA, Special Poll

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

About a month ago, the official Digimon site put up a poll for people to vote for their favorite Digimon movie (type thing, including shorts, OVAs, etc.) They put up 18 items, and asked everyone to vote once. The poll closed roughly a week ago and we have the results.

To no surprise, Our War Game was the top choice, but they actually gave us the full results.

30%- Digimon Adventure: Our War Game
20%- Digital Monster X-Evolution
16%- Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna
9%- Digimon Adventure (the movie)
5%- Digimon Adventure 02: Hurricane Touchdown
5%- Digimon Adventure 02: Diablomon Strikes Back
4%- Digimon Tamers: Runaway Digimon Express
3%- Digimon Frontier: Revivial of the Ancient Digimon*
2%- Digimon Tamers: Battle of the Adventurers
2%- Digimon Savers: Ultimate Power, Activate Burst Mode!
1%- Digimon Adventure tri. Part 6 Our Future
1%- Digimon Adventure 3d: Digimon Grand Prix
0.6%- Digimon Adventure tri. Part 3 Confession
0.6%- Digimon Adventure tri. Part 1 Reunion
0.3%- Digimon Savers 3d: Digital World in Imminent Crisis
0.2%- Digimon Adventure tri. Part 5 Coexistence
0.2%- Digimon Adventure tri. Part 4 Loss
0.2%- Digimon Adventure tri. Part 2 Determination

(Update- Originally the Frontier movie was listed twice and tri. part 3 wasn't listed on the poll results, that has been corrected so we've updated the above.)

Interesting results overall, especially with how high Kizuna ranked so close to it's initial release.

The current poll is what Digimon do you find so cute you want it to be made into a stuffed animal.

Attachments

Last edited:

Sarabande__

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I agree with the poll completely especially the position they gave tri lol.

Digiforlife

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm very surprised that X-Evolution is ranked second ( I thought it was good but not that great tho). Not surprised with tri movies' results at all...

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm very surprised that X-Evolution is ranked second ( I thought it was good but not that great tho).
Because it isn't ranking the movies from best to worst. It's purely what people used a single vote on. Many people had said they were going to vote X-Evolution just to see how high they could get it. (Which falls back to why they don't make actual decisions over most polls like this.)

For example, Runaway Digimon Express is generally well regarded. But not many people would rank it their number 1, so it got 4%.

Sarabande__

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm very surprised that X-Evolution is ranked second ( I thought it was good but not that great tho). Not surprised with tri movies' results at all...
What did you dislike most about x evo? Was it the animation? I am obsessed with the x antibody digimon. So anything with x digimon count me in lol.

Grimmon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I guess much of it has to do with how different the premise of the film was. It's not just the execution (which I think is not all that great in any aspect), but also what a different kind of story it had to offer that plays a part in why I appreciated it.

I am glad to see the Tri films ranking this low as a top preference, though a bit disappointed to see any other part ranking over part 3 as it was the only one I truly appreciate (followed by part 1).

As for the rest of the ranking, the top 6 is basically my ranking in terms of preference/quality/appreciation (with the exception of Kizuna which I do not have an opinion for yet).

Piers

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
For example, Runaway Digimon Express is generally well regarded. But not many people would rank it their number 1, so it got 4%.
Below Hurricane Touchdown of all things?
Still dumbfounded how all over the damn place that film was. So much of it felt like it should have really been live-action, weirdly.

Especially entertaining to imagine how 4kids (Edit: Saban) tried to turn this into a swashbuckling adventure as the last part of the film. Davis' sob moment getting cut completely short just sums up the experience, original and dub.

Last edited:

Grovyle48

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm very surprised that X-Evolution is ranked second ( I thought it was good but not that great tho).
Because it isn't ranking the movies from best to worst. It's purely what people used a single vote on. Many people had said they were going to vote X-Evolution just to see how high they could get it. (Which falls back to why they don't make actual decisions over most polls like this.)

This is true. Not surprised to see Our War Game was voted first, but it wasn't the landslide I was expecting. It seems like a lot of people piled votes onto X-Evolution for whatever reason.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Below Hurricane Touchdown of all things?
Still dumbfounded how all over the damn place that film was. So much of it felt like it should have really been live-action, weirdly.

Especially entertaining to imagine how 4kids tried to turn this into a swashbuckling adventure as the last part of the film. Davis' sob moment getting cut completely short just sums up the experience, original and dub.
4kids have nothing to do with Digimon.

DazzleDream

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'd generally agree with the rankings too. Kizuna's high rating makes me a bit more excited to see it. Tt must be doing something right to poll so high-even with leftover hype from the release. I'd actually love to see x-evolution too but I can't find a legitimate source for it unfortunately.

Kon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This pool just shows what a colossal debacle tri had been.
Tri was 6 films in this poll. And the poll has pretty popular Digimon movies.

So, I wouldn't say the poll necessarily reflects Tri's popularity or reception.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
lol at all the Tri bashers coming out of the woodwork. Like Marc said, this isn't a ranking of the films. This is how many people consider a certain film to be their favorite. The Tri films are at a disadvantage, since unlike the other films they don't stand on their own. I think it's rather impressive that as many people considered a given Tri entry better than every other movie as did.

icomeanon6

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
lol at all the Tri bashers coming out of the woodwork. Like Marc said, this isn't a ranking of the films. This is how many people consider a certain film to be their favorite.
Woodwork nothing, I'll bash Tri any day of the week!

But yeah, this poll absolutely doesn't say "Everybody hates Tri" or "Tri was a failure" (I believe it was quite successful by any reasonable business measure?). It's kind of like the Rotten Tomatoes problem, where 50% could mean highly divisive or just mediocre. This is why it's better when polls like this ask for a top five, and even then Tri has the whole split-into-six problem.

As for my opinion, Our War Game and Digimon Adventure (movie) forever, all hail Hosoda. I will say that Kizuna taking the top spot from that many people makes me more excited to see it eventually!

BlankShell

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Definitely a recency bias (Kizuna just released and the X monsters surely drummed up some interest in X-Evo), and a bit shame that anything from Tri didn't rank higher (part 3 especially!) but not unexpected. Still, fun to see.

VanChizzle

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I wonder how many people voted in total.

Not surprised to see Our War Game as the movie with the most first-place votes. But I am surprised to see so many votes for Kizuna already considering how recently it came out.

Quite interesting to see that all the movies from Adventure and 02 took 5 of the top 6 spots. May lend credence to the idea that people generally regard Adventure and 02 as their favourites among all the series.

I'd be curious to see a poll where they actually asked people to rank their top 5 or top 10 Digimon movies, in fact. Even if Our War Game would still place first, it'd be cool to see what other fans think of the rest of the movies.

kaazi187

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
X evolution = masterpiece

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well that's a thing. Figures that a almost joke vote would mess things up.

Quinlan58

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Interesting results. Brigading for X-Evolution from the Latinamerican fanbase probably had something to do with its results, but even if half the votes were from that, it'd still be top 3, which is surprising. I guess it was more popular than I thought.

Kizuna votes are probably not representative of its actual popularity, though. Not because of recency bias (though that may play a part), but because:
  1. The point of this poll was to determine which movie got aired again (can't remember if on TV or streamed). The people who didn't get the chance to watch it may have voted for it so that they would get another chance.
  2. Since each Tri OVA was a separate choice, the Tri fans may have decided to vote for Kizuna instead.
Funny that nearly the entire top 6 is Adventure. Then again, I guess besides the Hosoda films and X-Evolution, there are no real stand-outs in that regard. I'd probably have switched Revenge of Diaboromon for Revival of the Ancient Digimon, though.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The point of this poll was to determine which movie got aired again (can't remember if on TV or streamed). The people who didn't get the chance to watch it may have voted for it so that they would get another chance.
No it was not. That was one of the things people made up to try and 'get' people to vote for it. While it's always possible I missed a social media post somewhere, at no point was 'anything' said about there being 'any' point to the poll minus 'here is a poll for fun!'