Full Dim Card Versions of Black Roar & Shadow Howl Announced, plus first details

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

After both being released as promotional 'trial versions' that are already going for outlandish amounts second hand, full version Dim cards for Black Roar and Shadow Howl have been announced!

The new release versions will be sold, rather than limited giveaways, and be upgraded to have the same amount of monsters as non-trial DIm cards.

They will also update the design on the Dims so they can be told apart from the trial versions.

More details to come!

Attachments

MisatoFromNERV

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
People really shouldn't have been paying $250+ for those trial cards. Oh well!

Umaro

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I hope the trial ones still give one more storage space or something in the app so it's not a complete waste

Tarama

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
So probably we would have Greymon (2010) in Black Roar and Fangmon in Shadow Howl.

I hope the trial ones still give one more storage space or something in the app so it's not a complete waste
Agree

Umaro

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Since they said the card design is changing, these should have separate banners in the app, yeah. So having the full versions still wouldn't give you a "complete" list of DIMs if you care about that, plus they'd still give more storage space and app backgrounds, and the trial versions are a much easier way to get Zwart since the requirements are lower and you can't evolve to anything else by mistake. Also, since we'll have to wait a long time for these to come out, the trial versions let you have these digimon earlier. Still not worth $250, but if this makes sellers panic and the price goes down I may still get a Shadow Howl trial.

raharaha

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I hope that this will make shadow howl trial price going down. At least it will serve as my history collection of vb

Dynamicmon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
though unlikely, I'd like for the Ancient Warriors one to be sold at some point.
Could dual pack it with another impulse city.
Why?
could serve as a solution to anyone who ended up resetting their VBs.
Yes they could also just make it so Dims could be reusable, but we know that's unlikely to happen

citruslime27

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Awh, this kinda bums me out, I didn't realise it was a trial version... I was so excited to have shadow howl.

It's only fair though, so cant complain. At least it was free...

could serve as a solution to anyone who ended up resetting their VBs.
You mean replace? Resetting wont stop a DIM from working.

Umaro

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I've heard factory-resetting your VB to unlink it from the App (or if you bought a second-hand one, for example) makes it count as a different device, so the DIM cards stop working.

citruslime27

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I've heard factory-resetting your VB to unlink it from the App (or if you bought a second-hand one, for example) makes it count as a different device, so the DIM cards stop working.
Ah I see. The VB has a reset function in the settings which I've used without any problems, but that reset doesn't unlink it from the app so maybe the factory reset you mention is a different procedure.

cool potato

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You can use the app without linking anything. So I get the feeling the dims are a lot less one time use then everyone is claiming it to be.

I'm going to reset my device in the next couple of days to debunk this. Because these paranoid rumors are kind of tiring.

Edit: looks like citruslime beat me to it.

Last edited:

e105zeta

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hope if they do a wave 2 of DiMs for Premium Bandai international these aren't the ones packaged with Titan of Dust.

For the extra lines, I foresee one of three outcomes:

1) They just literally color all of the Agumon and Gabumon DiM sprites black, creating "new" subspecies for the 19 non-Agumon/Gabumon Digimon

2) We'll get 19 Digimon different from other DiM cards.

3) Grouping all of the franchise's other recolored dark Digimon together across these two DiMs:

Black Galgomon, Black Rapidmon, Black SaintGalgomon, Black Gaogamon, Black Mach Gaogamon, Black Growmon, Black Megalo Growmon, Chaos Dukemon, Dark Lizamon, Black King Numemon, Dark Maildramon, Youkomon, Doumon, Kuzuhamon, Black Vdramon, Black XV-mon . . .

That could be interesting.

If they do 19 new ones my interest would probably depend on what other Digimon they showed off.

If they just color Algomon, Gorimon etc. black than I certainly would be amused but wouldn't want the set.

cool potato

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Hope if they do a wave 2 of DiMs for Premium Bandai international these aren't the ones packaged with Titan of Dust.

For the extra lines, I foresee one of three outcomes:

1) They just literally color all of the Agumon and Gabumon DiM sprites black, creating "new" subspecies for the 19 non-Agumon/Gabumon Digimon

2) We'll get 19 Digimon different from other DiM cards.

3) Grouping all of the franchise's other recolored dark Digimon together across these two DiMs:

Black Galgomon, Black Rapidmon, Black SaintGalgomon, Black Gaogamon, Black Mach Gaogamon, Black Growmon, Black Megalo Growmon, Chaos Dukemon, Dark Lizamon, Black King Numemon, Dark Maildramon, Youkomon, Doumon, Kuzuhamon, Black Vdramon, Black XV-mon . . .

That could be interesting.

If they do 19 new ones my interest would probably depend on what other Digimon they showed off.

If they just color Algomon, Gorimon etc. black than I certainly would be amused but wouldn't want the set.
Not sure I'd expect it to be a roster full of re-colours but if we do I'd predict Black Gatomon and DarkMaildramon to be on here.

Not sure who else would fit. Would love to see ChaosDukemon.

I would imagine we'll be seeing DarkKnightmon appear on a dim since it had a big role in adventure 2020.

Kit Chan

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Slow and steady wins the race.

bellyguy

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Thanks so much for this post! I work and love Digimon, so i was really not minding to buy a Shadow Howl trial but this announcement happened the day after i did, and I was able to cancel and get my money back. I wasnt sure how theyd distribute these dims but im really glad they are doing this. Now to be quick on amazon when the release date drops haha. I need my metal doggo bois.

cool potato

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Thanks so much for this post! I work and love Digimon, so i was really not minding to buy a Shadow Howl trial but this announcement happened the day after i did, and I was able to cancel and get my money back. I wasnt sure how theyd distribute these dims but im really glad they are doing this. Now to be quick on amazon when the release date drops haha. I need my metal doggo bois.
That's awesome to hear - I'm stoked for you.

yukin

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Factory reset in the vb will let you use a different app account but it DOES NOT stop your DIM cards from working. The serial number in the VB is still the same. So you use the same DIM cards already linked to your VB.