Frontier Coming to DVD in Australia

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
We just had tri. news for the UK, so now it's Australia's turn!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

But it isn't tri. Part 2 news for you guys, it's Digimon Frontier!

Madman has listed Digimon Frontier on their 'Business 2 Business' catalog website with the title of "Digimon Frontier (Season 4)."

The date currently listed is October 4th, 2017 for $60 on 8 DVDs.

They are using the well known Frontier poster-style key art as stand-in artwork.

They have a basic synopsis of the series listed also...

Digimon Frontier introduces a new universe in the Digimon fandom. Five kids from the Real World have been called to the Digital World to acquire the "legendary spirits" to save the Digital World from one of the three Holy Angels, Cherubimon, who has revolted against the other two. Takuya, Kouji, Izumi, Junpei and Tomoki are the five Chosen Children from the Real World that have to use the spirits to "Spirit Evolve" into the legendary warriors themselves.

This has been a plentiful few months of announcements for Australian fans who were missing quite a bit of Digimon media:
Digimon Adventure tri. Part 1 is out July 19th
Digimon Tamers is out August 16th

Digi_TaKi

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Is this a blu ray remaster ? or just a normal DVD ....

Shadow Shinji

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Good Aussie News!! I'm pretty sure Airdramon's podcasts have something to do with this ^^ Anyways, does Australia use the American dub too, or they have their own one (same as Latin America Spanish and Castilian Spanish)? 'Cause I have watched Frontier's American dub, and I have to say in all fairness that it's not that bad.

By the way, have the Three Great Angels have been called Three Holy Angels before? I recall Celestial Digimon or even Three Archangels, but not this one so far.

Yamato-san

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yes, but will these DVDs contain the original Japanese? I find it intriguing how the summary uses the Japanese names, though this could just be a prototype error. Kinda like that GameStop ad for Cyber Sleuth saying that pre-orders will get a "Taichi Yagami" costumed Agumon, "Beezlebumon (Blast Mode)", and "Cherubion (Vice)" (like someone was pulling names off of Wikimon while also giving them typos).

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's English only.

There is no question for that.

The text is Toei's official byline/synopsis for the series.

Yamato-san

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well crap. Tri aside, is Digimon ever gonna have a subbed home release (in any English-speaking region)?

Airdramon

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is great news! It's nice that we're getting Tamers on DVD next month. Maybe we'll even get Savers early next year!
Maybe we'll finally get a release of Fusion part 2 here (only part 1 has aired in Australia).

Well crap. Tri aside, is Digimon ever gonna have a subbed home release (in any English-speaking region)?
Maybe after Tri's all done if it sells super well.
There's no proof either way, but if there's a market that will make tons of money.

wildwing64

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Maybe after Tri's all done if it sells super well.
There's no proof either way, but if there's a market that will make tons of money.

The problem with releasing a dual language version lies in the fact that the English broadcasts were heavily altered, not only in terms of dialogue but also several instances of censorship or outright cutting of footage, so it wouldn't line up with the Japanese version. I think it would only happen if it either gets re-dubbed or the Japanese audio track is edited to match the altered footage of the dub.

Then again, Shout Factory have started releasing Super Sentai boxsets in America. They know a niche market exists, and people are buying them. But in this case Power Rangers always changed a lot more when adapting Super Sentai, to the point where you have two completely different shows in spite of using identical costumes and stock footage. With something like Digimon, they'd essentially have to convince people to buy the same show again.

AmEv7Fam

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'd be down for buying a subbed Japanese version, personally. (This coming from somebody who, besides "The Movie", has the full US dub collection.)