Flamon & Strabimon Previews for Booster Set 4

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It looks like it's time for the ongoing card previews for Booster Set 4 to start!

The Digimon Card Game Twitter has updated with card previews from Booster Set 4 Great Legend. This time it's Flamon and Strabimon.

The ongoing previews start off with the lower levels of the best known heroes from Digimon Frontier! Flamon has him using his fire to entertain a few other Digimon, including a pretty new one, while Strabimon is in an action pose on a car.

Digimon Card Game Booster Set 4 Great Legend is scheduled to release on December 18th

Previous card previews for Booster Set 4:

We have clean images for Starter Decks 4, 5, and 6! Plus Tamer Battle Pack 2, the 2nd Winner's Card, and the 1st 2 scene vote cards featuring Adventure and 02.

We've also started to get previews from Booster Set 4 Great Legend. It's scheduled for release on December 18th.

We've begun to get info on Booster Set 5 Battle of Omega. It's scheduled for release on February 26th.

And images from previous Digimon Card Game releases:
Starter Decks 1, 2, and 3, and first 10 promo cards
Booster Set 1 New Evolution
Booster Set 2 Ultimate Power
V-Tamer Promo Cards
Purple/Black Promo Set
Tamer Battle Pack 1 and Tamer Battle Winner's Card
Booster Set 3 Union Impact

Attachments

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Woohoo, they exist! I really was worried they wouldn't be used because of the dang vpets retconning Agunimon down. Maybe the Vpet side will see this cards and realise they could've just used Flamemon and Strabimon... either way these guys+Champion Agunimon means I'm fine with how this set turned out. now if only there were 8 more Rookie Hybrid Digimons... and the evil combined forms. They really need to flesh out Frontier's missing Digimons.

And a Ghostmon cameo is neat! I always love the little cameos these cards have.

SparkGold

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Flamon
[When Played] Reveal the top 3 cards of your deck. Add 1 "Hybrid" Digimon and 1 Red Tamer card to hand then put the remaining cards to bottom of your deck in any order

Strabimon
[When Played] Reveal the top 3 cards of your deck. Add 1 "Hybrid" Digimon and 1 Blue Tamer card to hand then put the remaining cards to bottom of your deck in any order

0 evolution cost Lv. 3s with super good play effects that draw you a potential 2 cards for only 3 memory? These cards are absolutely amazing no matter how you look at them. Couple that with expressive artwork with a top tier cameo in Ghosmon and this confirming what everybody wanted to see with Strabimon and Flamon being Level 3 and we have a 10/10 for reveals for today in my opinion

MechaMadness

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Neat that Flamon and Strabimon actually made it in. They're pretty much the Legend Arms for their respective colors, though unlike those two I doubt you'll be playing something like Strabimon in a Red Hybrid deck just for the purposes of getting a potential Hybrid search. Still, the Lv3 Legend Arms did wonders for that deck, and while these only excavate the top three cards as opposed to the top 5, I see no reason not to run these if you're playing a Hybrid based deck with these colors.

Sparrow Hawk

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
*Outburst tears*

So good to see them! Ghosmon in background!

Needs new Frontier digimons for certain Legendary Warriors :/

Grimmon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Amazing that this is a thing that exists! Can someone tell me/link me to what we know about hybrids mechanically? It seemed odd to me to see in a previous update that Beowolfmon looks like it is only one level higher than Agnimon, as it means there will probably be some overlap of levels among Lobomon/Garummon/Beowolfmon and Agnimon/Vritramon/Aldamon, no?

MechaMadness

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Amazing that this is a thing that exists! Can someone tell me/link me to what we know about hybrids mechanically? It seemed odd to me to see in a previous update that Beowolfmon looks like it is only one level higher than Agnimon, as it means there will probably be some overlap of levels among Lobomon/Garummon/Beowolfmon and Agnimon/Vritramon/Aldamon, no?
Simply put, Human and Beast Spirits are both treated as Lv4's for the purposes of gameplay. If I had to guess, this was likely to represent the concept of Slide Evolution and the fact that Human and Beast Spirits aren't necessarily better then one or the other. Now, this goes into speculation territory, but based on what we've seen thus far, it seems like Human Spirits are gonna be more straightforward for Lv4 standards, with lower costs making them relatively easy to use, while the Beast Spirit aspect of "Powerful, but unwieldy" seems to be represented by them having stronger effects then their Human counterparts, but are also more expensive to play compared to the typical Lv4.

SparkGold

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
@Grimmon "Hybrid" will be listed under the Digimon's "Form" like how on this card Agumon's Form is "Rookie"

Hybrids' main mechanic seem to be evolving from Tamer cards of the same color as if Tamer cards are Digimon cards which Agunimon, BurningGreymon, and KendoGarurumon all are able to do.
Here are the hybrids revealed so far:

Last edited:

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
"Hybrid" will be listed under the Digimon's "Type" like how on this card Agumon's Type is "Reptile"
That's not true, Hybrid (ハイブリッド体 ) is listed where Child (成長期 ) is. Flamemon's type is Demon Man (魔人型 ) on this card

Grimmon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Thank you both, @SparkGold and @MechaMadness ! Yeah, you pretty much covered...everything! I am not mad with Human and Beast spirits being the same level, it just doesn't sit well with my headcanon (so, a non-issue, but it doesn't bode well for armor digimon either...), but it makes sense either way.

The mechanism of evolving from tamers is cute. I like that it is not too specific, like naming specific tamers which I would find annoying (like Beelzemon having exclusive synergy with Impmon for example which is not in line with how the rest of the game works in my opinion). (edit: I just recalled there is also the Taichi - Veedramon synergy.)

e105zeta

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Is the this the first appearance of a pen z character on a card?

SparkGold

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
like Beelzemon having exclusive synergy with Impmon for example
that one was more necessary as you're cheating in a final form Digimon. Skipping two levels is significantly powerful and that specification is definitely helping a lot with balancing it
Is the this the first appearance of a pen z character on a card?
Sasasi also illustrated Gogmamon into BurningGreymon's background. So yes but also no since we saw that card first but it's releasing at the same time as this one

Rohan

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ah, nice to see acknowledgement that the Child form of the Hybrids exist. Seeing Ghostmon in Flamon's artwork is the cherry on top though. :)

Gameplay-wise, they seem pretty good. It is interesting that by not specifying a Level when searching through their effect you could actually excavate another copy of the same card and (assuming it's still your turn) Evolve for free from a LV2 in the raising area for some Rookie Rush strategy. :unsure:

Grimmon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
They're all going to be Level 4, if they follow Hyper Colosseum rules in that regard.
Magnamon and Rapidmon Gold would be the exception I would assume.
They won't let me live my Fladramon-> Lighdramon-> Magnamon fantasy in any product, huh. (Also, poor Nefertimon only ever being as powerful as a digimon it evolves from.)

AritzCM

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Do you think this game will introduce any new digimon to the franchise?
It would be a good opportunity to add the remaining 8 children of the legendary warriors

I honestly didn't expect flamon nor strabimon, and I'm so happy that both the human and beast spirits are level 4. Still don't know how I feel about Aldamon and AncientGreymon being different level, but I understand that mechanically it works better

Last edited:

Grimmon

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It would be a good opportunity to add the remaining 8 children of the legendary warriors
I always have hope they may be filling out blank spots in existing lines whenever they release a new product but... how many times has that actually happened? And even when the added Baalmon as Beelzebumon's previous form, for example, it was for a different version of Beelzebumon. Likewise with the new algomon forms in adventure:.

With this card game in particular, they don't seem to be particularly concerned with releasing all mons that have been in the same evolution lines in the past (outside of the main ones), and sometimes they may be in different sets or not even the same color. So I wouldn't hold my breath...

e105zeta

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I always have hope they may be filling out blank spots in existing lines whenever they release a new product but... how many times has that actually happened? And even when the added Baalmon as Beelzebumon's previous form, for example, it was for a different version of Beelzebumon. Likewise with the new algomon forms in adventure:.

With this card game in particular, they don't seem to be particularly concerned with releasing all mons that have been in the same evolution lines in the past (outside of the main ones), and sometimes they may be in different sets or not even the same color. So I wouldn't hold my breath...
They’re filling out a lot of antagonist lines in 2020. Thus far Algomon, Orochimon, Devimon and (possibly forthcoming) Dagomon all got complete or nearly complete lines and thanks to the Pendulum Zs so do Golemon, Swimmon, Locomon, Ogremon, and Bakumon. It’s clearly something on Bandai’s mind lately.