First Proper Trailer for Hacker's Memory, Update- Announced for US and Pre-Order

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
We have a very nice trailer for Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Hacker's Memory now (prior to this the only footage we had was some silent promotional footage.)

While I don't believe there are any new details are in the trailer, it looks rather nice (and pretty similiar to Cyber Sleuth on PS4, as expected.)

Thanks to Gematsu for the heads up.

Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Hacker's Memory is currently scheduled for a 2017 release in Japan on PS4 and Vita.

An early 2018 release for the west has been announced for both PS4 and Vita by Bandai-Namco Europe and Australia.

Thus far there seems to be no official statement from Bandai-Namco US on an American release (it's such a foregone conclusion that everyone is reporting it as fact, but going over their social media and press pages, I can't find any evidence they've actually announced it.)

Because it was recent, a few people might have missed we have an official description for Keisuke from the official site.
The 'EDEN account' is an access key into cyberspace, acting as a proof of identification. However, Keisuke Amazawa's EDEN account had been hacked, and he now finds himself falsely accused of an account-hunting crime he does not recall committing. In order to find the perpetrator who put him in this predicament, he becomes a hacker himself and begins his investigation!

Previous Hacker's Memory news and discussion can be found here.

Update-It's been a bit of a wait for those of us in North America but... Bandai-Namco US has finally announced the game!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

And in addition the game is already available to pre-order at Amazon on Playstation 4! (Affiliate Link)

Bandai-Namco US is saying Early 2018 (matching the other international release dates) and Amazon has a stand-in date of March 31, 2018 (we don't expect that date as it's a Saturday) and has confirmed both Playstation 4 and Vita for the NA release.

Swapped out the Japanese trailer up above for the American one, and cleaned up some of the info near the top.

LucasPSI

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This trailer leaves me with so many questions. I love it.

Also Gallantmon Crimson mode!!! So glad they're bringing him over from Next Order

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Do you think Bandai America is waiting for some press show event to announce it? IIRC, Cyber Sleuth sold best in the US (outside of Japan), so perhaps they're actually going to build some hype for it this time around?

Sparrow Hawk

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Whoa Triceramon and Coelamon. Finally about the time they gave some love to Sea types. Monochromon will be there for sure...

Tortoiseshel

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I saw Hippogriffomon, Triceramon, Coelamon, and maayyybe Deltamon? I'm sooo glad they're including some of the more "forgotten" Digimon :)

Bartz

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I honestly didn't expect to see Hippogriffomon joining the playable roster, while it has had some appearances in the anime I don't believe it hasn't been playable in anything outside of the card-based games like Crusaders/Heroes. It makes me more excited to see what the rest of the roster will look like once we get the game in our hands if they're looking to Digimon that haven't been tapped into outside of sparse appearances here and there.

Last edited:

Treble-Clef

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Do you think Bandai America is waiting for some press show event to announce it? IIRC, Cyber Sleuth sold best in the US (outside of Japan), so perhaps they're actually going to build some hype for it this time around?
E3 in June and SDCC in July are the upcoming big ones but seem too far out for a game most people interested in this already know about.

And let's be honest, Bamco will be pushing bigger EP's at both events.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
E3 in June and SDCC in July are the upcoming big ones but seem too far out for a game most people interested in this already know about.
Who knows why they haven't yet 'shrugs'

Maybe they want to announce it when tri. Part 1 comes out on BD/DVD next month.

Rohan

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Excellent trailer, I always love it when they incorporate the DigiCode. <3

I'm getting really hyped for this game now.

Shadow Shinji

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Music: 9,8/10
Main character: 7,5/10
Cutscenes: 8,6/10
Nex additions: 5/10 (In my personal opinion, I think there are cooler Digimon than Triceramon and Coelamon, this seems to be like a callback to the original Digital Monsters/Pendulums, but I'm not really into Digimon's designs from this era. I'm glad though they have thought of Hippogriffomon, maybe this means that we get to see D'arcmon and Murmukusmon, and of course Dukemon CM is a must, that Quo Vadis looks awesome!!!)

Overall: 8,9/10 in a trailer of a minute and a half :D

My personal conclusion, I can't wait for it!!

Jay Ukyou

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If we're getting Hippogriffmon and Triceramon, I really hope they can evolve into Zhuqiaomon and Qinglongmon or that's just a missed opportunity...

Rohan

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Oh wow, I just noticed that they used the English DigiCode instead of the standard JPN code when it morphs into the English messages. That's some pretty cool attention to detail there.

Also, those anime scenes (cutscenes?) are looking pretty dope. :)

saifors

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Huh, I wonder if the drawn animatin parts with Koromon and Tanemon are actually part of the game or just for the trailer.

Also Triceramon Coelamon and Hippogriffomon are cool. Maybe they saw Romsstarts petition to get all the Digimon World 'mons back?

Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Omfg Triceramon!!! and Coelamon!! pls confirm Airdramon pls!!!!!!!!

Vaioumon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Love the trailer. All these new additions are getting me hyped for when we see new megas.

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Updated the news.

Game is officially announced for the US and pre-orders are up!

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I honestly didn't expect to see Hippogriffomon joining the playable roster, while it has had some appearances in the anime I don't believe it hasn't been playable in anything outside of the card-based games like Crusaders/Heroes. It makes me more excited to see what the rest of the roster will look like once we get the game in our hands if they're looking to Digimon that haven't been tapped into outside of sparse appearances here and there.
Maybe it was because of his big appearance in Tri, same with Triceramon? we could see LoaderLeomon and Orichimon in the future.

flintlock

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm glad though they have thought of Hippogriffomon, maybe this means that we get to see D'arcmon and Murmukusmon
It's possible, it seems a lot of Digimon were added because they were classic or they filled out Cyber Sleuth's roster. Funbeemon, Dinobeemon, the rest of the Lunamon line, Golemon and Volcamon and maybe AncientVolcamon, PileVolcamon and/or BanchoGolemon. I'm hoping Dracumon's entire line shows up too. And Wendigomon or at least Turiemon.

Despite them focusing on anime only Digimon in CS they snuck in a few really obscure ones, like Ebemon, and Cyclomon so I have my hopes up for great new additions. Every trailer I see Digimon I love!

Status
Not open for further replies.