First News of Last Evolution Kizuna English Dub! Clip Screening Next Week at MEFCC

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
kizuna_newposterlargeen_december17_2019.jpg

It appears we have our first information on an English dub for the new Digimon movie!

Twitter user IbrahemAlfawzan contacted me excited about the first Digimon film screening they'd have in the Middle East for Digimon, taking place at the Middle East Film & Comic Con on March 5th. The screening is the first 5 minutes of Kizuna with subtitles in Arabic and English.

After we both looked at things further (the way they listed the languages seemed worth looking into further), we noticed additional details from the company exhibiting it (who will do full theatrical screenings later in the region), saying they will not only have subtitled versions of the 5 minute clip, but Arabic and English dubbed versions of the clip also.

mefcc_screening_february27_2020.png

(The name of the user being responded to has been blanked out.)

Thus far there has been no official word on an English dub of Kizuna, minus a few cagey and hinting 'at best' comments from a few different actors.

Hopefully any users there who see the dub screening will be able to let us know if it's the English cast we are familiar with. It's possible it's just a short clip that was dubbed quickly to show to potential distributors, as Toei has done before, or more akin to the English dubs they've done for Asia. It's not possible to say until someone sees it (and even then unless it's just the cast we know, it'd be hard to say.)

Not to mention that hopefully this bodes well for an English dub showing up sooner rather than later.

Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna, the 20th Anniversary film for Digimon Adventure, is out in Japan and comes out March 25th in the US.

Attachments

• kizuna_newposterlargeen_december17_2019.jpg
    kizuna_newposterlargeen_december17_2019.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 7,646

PCmon

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If we do get a Studiopolis dub, what do y'all think we'll get as far as voice actors reprising their roles?

One of the big question marks will of course be Matt, with Vic Mignogna pretty much being blacklisted from the industry. Maybe they'll reach out to Michael Reiz this time to reprise his role?

As far as the 02 cast is concerned, I'd imagine it wouldn't be hard to get most of the human and Digimon actors back, as they're still active in the industry. Obviously Armadillomon will need recast as Robert Axelrod passed away last year. Tifanie Christun coming back as Yolei is a bit iffy since she's been out of the industry for years, but if they could pull Patamon and Palmon's VAs out of retirement, they can do anything. If not, maybe Bridgette Hoffman could play Yolei as she did in an episode of 02.

Greymon1958

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
If we do get a Studiopolis dub, what do y'all think we'll get as far as voice actors reprising their roles?

One of the big question marks will of course be Matt, with Vic Mignogna pretty much being blacklisted from the industry. Maybe they'll reach out to Michael Reiz this time to reprise his role?

As far as the 02 cast is concerned, I'd imagine it wouldn't be hard to get most of the human and Digimon actors back, as they're still active in the industry. Obviously Armadillomon will need recast as Robert Axelrod passed away last year. Tifanie Christun coming back as Yolei is a bit iffy since she's been out of the industry for years, but if they could pull Patamon and Palmon's VAs out of retirement, they can do anything. If not, maybe Bridgette Hoffman could play Yolei as she did in an episode of 02.

Actually the voice actors for Palmon and Patamon didn't retired, they Just not as active in the things you're interested in. I recently saw Anna Garduno acting on camera on some series. That said, expect Yolei, Armadillomon, and Matt receiving new actors.

Ryudamon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I hope the Coronavirus will not postpone or cancel the event. The virus is hitting some of the Middle East countries hard. I will be glad that they will spread Digimon around the world again.

Nagatem

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

god i hope matt’s original actor returns, was there a reason he wasn’t back for tri?, or did he just not know?, because if so it’s kinda not cool that tai’s original actor returned but basically only because fan’s reached out to him about it, instead of the digimon dub reaching out to him