First Digimon Vinyl Record, Digimon Song: Best of Wada Kouji, Releasing on April 24th

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

As part 'Anime Songs on Vinyl 2021' (2) (3) (4), the DigiFes 2016 album, Digimon Song: Best of Wada Kouji, will be getting re-released as a vinyl record.

Anime Songs on Vinyl is a program/event where anime related vinyl releases all go up on specified days at many music and merchandise stores. The releases are combinations of new releases and pre-existing ones.

Digimon Song: Best of Wada Kouji will be released on April 24th for 4,500 yen. The cover art is the artwork of Angemon from the original CD release of the album (Angemon was Wada Kouji's favorite Digimon.) It's also noted there will be no limit on pre-orders, etc.

This will be the first time Digimon music has been released on vinyl record, and the date actually lines up quite well. April 23rd, 1999 was when the single to Butter-Fly came out, which was also the debut release of Wada Kouji, so it's releasing one day off the 22nd anniversary of that release.

The tracklist is the same as the CD released at DigiFes 2016 although the song order has been moved around slightly...
Side A:
1. Butter-Fly
2. The Biggest Dreamer
3. Target ~Akai Shougeki~
4. Hirari
5. FIRE!!

Side B:
1. Butter-Fly (Theater Size #1)
2. With The Will
3. Innocent ~Remaining Innocent~
4. Seven ~tri.Version~
5. Butter-Fly ~tri.Version~
6. an Endless tale [Duet with AiM]

More details to come soon, including pre-order links hopefully.

Attachments

Last edited:

Mynor

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't have a record player yet for some reason I still want this

Youkomon

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm going to keep my eye on this. I have a record player so I'm going to get it. I just hope I can get it in time before the scalpers get them all.

Rohan

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Is there any feasible way to get your hands on a copy if you don't live in Japan?

Asking for a friend who was interested.

Mattman324

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
~tri.Version~
Getting vinyl Koji Wada songs is cool as hell, even if it's not really my thing I know a number of people who would be interested, but calling it his greatest hits and then snubbing all his Xros Wars songs in favor of two of the Tri remixes, especially when both We Are Xros Hearts and Hero who Dances in the Skies X5 are all really good songs, is just kinda... like, do we absolutely need three copies of Butterfly?

I wouldn't point this out if we were likely to get a follow up with his other stuff, but that's highly unlikely, so...

Separan

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
~tri.Version~
Getting vinyl Koji Wada songs is cool as hell, even if it's not really my thing I know a number of people who would be interested, but calling it his greatest hits and then snubbing all his Xros Wars songs in favor of two of the Tri remixes, especially when both We Are Xros Hearts and Hero who Dances in the Skies X5 are all really good songs, is just kinda... like, do we absolutely need three copies of Butterfly?

I wouldn't point this out if we were likely to get a follow up with his other stuff, but that's highly unlikely, so...
It's because of license issue. Xros Wars albums were released on Nippon Columbia (mainly) and other labels. They just can't include song released on other labels. Same as Appmon and Adventure 2020.