Final thoughts on Young Hunters

Lhikan634

Resistance is Futile
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Bad moves is what the dub is made of, but it made them. Anyway, I think the original giving Omegamon the voices of Agumon and Gabumon is suggestive, and he would have been familiar with an Apocalymon.
Though the same thing also happened with the Gallantmon who appeared in Frontier, the dub used the VA's from Tamers.

Best I can tell, the dub is being openly ambiguous about the Omnimon. The use of the term Digidestined does seem to indicate that the dub is hunting at a cross-over, but at that point I don't recall too many Digimon from Adventure being featured in Tamers. As I don't recall any material explicitly having the Adventure Omnimon fighting against an Apocalymon, so there isn't much to tie the two events together.

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Bad moves is what the dub is made of, but it made them. Anyway, I think the original giving Omegamon the voices of Agumon and Gabumon is suggestive, and he would have been familiar with an Apocalymon.
Though the same thing also happened with the Gallantmon who appeared in Frontier, the dub used the VA's from Tamers.
Frontier also used Adventure dub VAs for some of its other digimon. Tsunomon, Gabumon, Angemon, Biyomon, Cherubimon(!), Elecmon, IceLeomon (well, same actor as Leomon from both Adventure and Tamers), one of the three SkullSatamon, Gekomon, Whamon, etc.

takararavenheart

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I feel a little bad but I'm also a Young Hunters fan but I also agree there was wasted potential. I like Tagiru and Gumdramon. I like how his friendship developed with Yuu in the episode Damemon came back and all. There was so much more that could have been done with everyone but I enjoyed the season for what it did offer.