Final thoughts on Young Hunters

Tyranno

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
... in what way does it "shit on the franchise"? Quality of the crossover aside, it doesn't do anything mean spiritedly or in disrespect.

Lord Puppetmon

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
You don't need to mean to be disrespectful to actually be disrespectful.

Inpu

How deep the rabbit-hole goes
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
True dat. I would interpret what LP said as something referencing how Young Hunters tactlessly the corpses of the past seasons as quick gimmicks to try to prop up its own pointless, soulless story. Sort of like how the Charlie Brown gang is used to flog life insurance -- sure, it's not specifically making fun of them, but they've been nigh-completely reduced to shills.

Trilby1992

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I actually enjoyed watching Hunters more than Xros Wars itself because I feel it's not as preachy with their morals as Xros Wars. And I really like the concept of Digimon drawn to the desires and wants of the high school children.

Some of the things I don't like has been said already so I'm going to leave it by saying it's a good arc overall.

Last edited:

Cross666

Banned
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Tagiru being the ''Hero'' of First & Only Digimon Anime Crossover Saga Left a Bad Taste in My Mouth !!!

Last edited:

Jmac28211

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Yeah there are cross overs all over this franchise.

Cross666

Banned
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I think you mean the anime's first crossover.
And Only !!!
Unless Digimon Adventure Tri has another Crossover with the Original Leader Tai leading all the DigiDestined.

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Wasn't the Omegamon in Digimon Tamers: Battle of Adventurers Taichi and Yamato's?
The movie gave no indication either way, as it didn't really go into who that Omegamon was anyway. He was just some dude chasing after Mephismon.

It very well could have been, though I think only the dub makes it explicit.
No it didn't. The dub was just as vague about Omnimon as the original was about Omegamon. Just some guy going after Mephistomon.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, the dub one does refer to the Tamers as "Digidestined." And in both versions, he had the same VAs as the Adventure Omegamon.

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Well, the dub one does refer to the Tamers as "Digidestined." And in both versions, he had the same VAs as the Adventure Omegamon.
Like many things, it might have been in the original plans for that Omegamon to be the Adventure one, but the final product simply doesn't bring up the subject at all.

And let's not pretend that the dub calling the Tamers that wasn't a bad move.

TMS

Super Moderator
Staff
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Bad moves is what the dub is made of, but it made them. Anyway, I think the original giving Omegamon the voices of Agumon and Gabumon is suggestive, and he would have been familiar with an Apocalymon.

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Bad moves is what the dub is made of, but it made them. Anyway, I think the original giving Omegamon the voices of Agumon and Gabumon is suggestive, and he would have been familiar with an Apocalymon.
Said Apocalymon the movie is equally vague about.

It's like they were initially set to make this movie be some special Adventure/Tamers psuedo-crossover, but then backed out at the last minute, leaving only small ambiguous traces behind.

Cross666

Banned
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I have One message to the Director that directed Hunter series--

''Seriously Dude , If Ya Planning a major Cross over between all Digimon Anime Series then would it have killed you to create a more .........''Likable'' Protagonist !

wildwing64

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It wasn't so much that Tagiru wasn't "likable", he was more or less following the standard shonen hero template. As much as practically every primary protagonist in Digimon has followed that template to some degree, the thing with Tagiru was that there wasn't much to him outside of wanting to be a superstar.

Sabrblade

Seized the time
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It wasn't so much that Tagiru wasn't "likable", he was more or less following the standard shonen hero template. As much as practically every primary protagonist in Digimon has followed that template to some degree, the thing with Tagiru was that there wasn't much to him outside of wanting to be a superstar.
Including any real progression of his character. He ended up being almost exactly the same as he was at the start of the season. No real development.